Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, Orens said:

So in case they are both negative the festival could actually send a private jet for both bands, right? They both play Friday (and actually the same time)

It's certainly a possibility. I'd imagine though that if that was potentially what they were going to do, the rest of the bands/crew/etc would travel on their own before that, and just the people that needed to fly last minute by private jet would do that on their own. Chartering a private jet isn't *that* expensive (i think i read 30k from NYC to London before?), but it probably depends on where it needs to collect people from. They could fly from the US on Friday morning and be in Barcelona on Friday evening.

I'd imagine it comes down to:

a) if the band member is morally comfortable with coming/mixing with others. A positive test now might not be clear for several days, and a negative antigen doesn't mean someone doesn't have covid, hence the advice to wait a number of days after the onset of symptoms. (Although that is only advice so legally I think they could probably play if they wanted to?)

b) what exactly the requirements are out of the US into the EU, and when exactly the people tested positive/now test negative.

24 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

At this point, I guess we ain't getting a NIN or Arcade Fire replacement, so will just hope this somehow ends up with me being able to see The National as well as Warpaint.

Would be so happy if for some bizarre reason Warpaint and The National moved around and weren't clashing, the two acts I want to see most!

Was considering a 4hr round trip drive to Belfast to see The National on the Tuesday after PS, and catching Warpaint at PS, but that setlist above would make me want to definitely see The National at Primavera 😂

With the probability of sudden cancellation due to the COVID issue, I can imagine that there are certain artists who’ll play 2 sets in W1 of the festival like NIN in Boston Calling or AF back in 2017 (eventho the first set was the surprise performance). Maybe The National play one of their album in its entirety (If I’m not mistaken, this year marks Boxer 15 year album anniversary)

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National setlist tonight, 3 new songs:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2022/baluarte-pamplona-spain-33b4b0a9.html

Would be very happy with that on Friday.

Wow would be over the moon with that setlist (obvs with no understanding of quality of new 3 tunes)

pretty light on the last two albums. That works for me though as I prefer the albums before.

If King Gizz don't make week 1, then I hope they make it for the Forum week 2. I'll be "resting" at Portaventura midweek, so will miss any ciutat shows. Must see Dripping Tap live. Missed their 2017 3am show as had been at Bits from midday and was drunk/tired by 10pm. I will pace myself this year...

21 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Right now, weekend 1 people are royally fucked. 

Nah fuck that. W1 only here and I'm mega excited. I don't know why everyone's so negative, a few covid dropouts were always going to happen, it's just a matter of luck at this point. For me, I don't give a fuck about Gizz, was looking forward to The Strokes but honestly could have been much worse. The clashes still make me miss a lot more good acts than the cancellations. This lineup is so stacked, it'll remain among the best I've ever seen even if 2-3 further headliners drop.

Worst case for me would be Pavement cancelling, but even than I'll have a great time. (Would just mean I have no choice but to fly over to see some of pavement headline dates later this year).

Edited by yaniv297
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

A bit of perspective is needed.

A tiny percentage of bands due to play weekend 1 are at threat of missing out due to covid.

The fact most of us on here have discussed clashes so much shows how much strength in depth there is at this festival and that’s before they add potential replacements.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A bit of perspective is needed.

A tiny percentage of bands due to play weekend 1 are at threat of missing out due to covid.

The fact most of us on here have discussed clashes so much shows how much strength in depth there is at this festival and that’s before they add potential replacements.

Agreed. End of the day there’s so much on. I went back to look at the 2013 one yesterday, my first, and surprised to see how little was on the lineup then. Compare the days with for example all points east. Value for money doesn’t even begin to sum it up. Add in the fact you’re in Barcelona and you can guarantee shellac will play!

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ildavo said:

If King Gizz don't make week 1, then I hope they make it for the Forum week 2. I'll be "resting" at Portaventura midweek, so will miss any ciutat shows. Must see Dripping Tap live. Missed their 2017 3am show as had been at Bits from midday and was drunk/tired by 10pm. I will pace myself this year...

Yes I also wanted dripping tap.

It is a bit of bad luck for them that the potential drop outs are headliners or mid size acts. Well thinking about it I guess potential drop outs among the smallest acts wouldn't be known until they are actually confirmed.

On the one hand I feel like it will be amazing after three years just to be able to go to Barcelona, eat tapas and be at some kind of music festival with a decent lineup. On the other I think we have built up this image of the perfect lineup (even with a double weekend available for some), like the best festival ever and any bands that drop out is a pain because we have lived with this dream for a full year since the lineup dropped. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

24 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Worst case for me would be Pavement cancelling

Still can’t get into Pavement, having tried them a whole year.

Really want to get excited about them but no single song of them really ‘clicked!’ (and stuff like Cut Your Hair is downright horrible). 

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Really want to get excited about them but no single song of them really ‘clicked!’ (and stuff like Cut Your Hair is downright horrible). 

No really. If they were to drop out I would be devastated. Been a fan since the 90s. 

39 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Nah fuck that. W1 only here and I'm mega excited. I don't know why everyone's so negative, a few covid dropouts were always going to happen, it's just a matter of luck at this point. For me, I don't give a fuck about Gizz, was looking forward to The Strokes but honestly could have been much worse. The clashes still make me miss a lot more good acts than the cancellations. This lineup is so stacked, it'll remain among the best I've ever seen even if 2-3 further headliners drop.

Worst case for me would be Pavement cancelling, but even than I'll have a great time. (Would just mean I have no choice but to fly over to see some of pavement headline dates later this year).

You are right. And in a way right now we’ve only lost 1,5h with gizzard and strokes (that is IF both cancel)

Not everyone coming from major Europe/UK/Us cities and have the same privilege to get the opportunity in watching the cancelled artists on a different concert or festival. Just be mindful on the comment, because it stings a lil bit for several people, eventho we are the minority. Cheers.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bram said:

Not everyone coming from major Europe/UK/Us cities and have the same privilege to get the opportunity in watching the cancelled artists on a different concert or festival. Just be mindful on the comment, because it stings a lil bit for several people, eventho we are the minority. Cheers.

Fair enough, but still. Even if pavement cancel and I'll never see them live in my life, I would be sad but jit's just what it is, like I never got to see Bowie for example. Even then, Primavera would still be a phenomenal festival and I'll have a great time this weekend. I think that's the right perspective to have, it's ok to get invested in one artist but at the end of the day it's a festival with an insanely stacked lineup top to bottom.

Edited by yaniv297

17 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Same here. I was superexcited when they were announced back in 2019. I had never listened to them before but this seemed like a great opportunity to start and I was quite sure that one year is a long enough time to fall in love with their music and be ready for their reunion concert. 

In the end, it was three years, not one, and at some point I had to admit to myself that their music just doesn't do anything for me.

So, no Pavement for me, but I still have to resolve that 100 gecs / Fred again.. clash.