Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

13 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

don't understand why primavera are promoting a shellac gig during the week of primavera. 

Same for Julien Baker at Sala Apolo on Tuesday May 31st 2021 with tickets on sale on Primavera Sound website. 

Edited by gigi21

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Same for Julien Baker at Sala Apolo on Tuesday May 31st 2021 with tickets on sale on Primavera Sound website. 

I'd guess as JB isn't playing the main festival and they think there's enough demand for Shellac to do their own show (if I remember they were due to do their own show in 2020) 

Does anyone have any idea what's happening with the dates? I'm really confused - I've seen a few articles saying it's now happening over 2 weekends (https://www.stereogum.com/2145926/primavera-sound-will-take-place-over-2-weekends-in-2022/news/?fbclid=IwAR0aHIqp1Q6t6E99113b4za8gX_DNRlJgbq9I-9d8gaTgOeAfLg_7CUz4so)

Annoying for anyone who's already got tickets rolled over if one line up is better than the other! Or maybe they will be the same? All v confusing

Luckily the Airbnb host moved our booking over to 2022 free of charge (!) but I hope we don't have to try and move again. 

18 minutes ago, stefmartin said:

Does anyone have any idea what's happening with the dates? I'm really confused - I've seen a few articles saying it's now happening over 2 weekends (https://www.stereogum.com/2145926/primavera-sound-will-take-place-over-2-weekends-in-2022/news/?fbclid=IwAR0aHIqp1Q6t6E99113b4za8gX_DNRlJgbq9I-9d8gaTgOeAfLg_7CUz4so)

Annoying for anyone who's already got tickets rolled over if one line up is better than the other! Or maybe they will be the same? All v confusing

Luckily the Airbnb host moved our booking over to 2022 free of charge (!) but I hope we don't have to try and move again. 

basically - no one knows for sure.  we've been chatting it through on here for what seems like years - but i guess we all just have to wait till the 25th....

21 minutes ago, stefmartin said:

Yes, it looks like it's going to be 2 weekends (Primavera 202x2 as "renamed" yesterday).
We'll discover everything in 12 days (on May 25th). For this reason I suppose the two weekends could be 25-29 May and 1-5 June. No more news until now, everything is just speculation between us. 🙃

Edited by gigi21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Yes, it looks like it's going to be 2 weekends (Primavera 202x2 as "renamed" yesterday).
We'll discover everything in 12 days (on May 25th). For this reason I suppose the two weekends could be 25-29 May and 1-5 June. No more news until now, everything is just speculation between us. 🙃

Ahhhh I see. Fingers crossed it will be as good as the 2021 line up, praying for Pavement !! 

36 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

basically - no one knows for sure.  we've been chatting it through on here for what seems like years - but i guess we all just have to wait till the 25th....

It doesn't just seem like years, it has been years now! 

Looks very much like:

• 25-29 May - Weekend 1
  • 1-5 June - Weekend 2
  • 10-12 June - Porto (confirmed)

Presumably the 'reverse' thing will feature in the lineup announcement too. 

41 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

these dates also fits better with the porto edition which we already know that happens on the second weekend of June, no overlap with the second BCN weekend, just 3 weekends in a row

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's also a pavement in yesterday's teaser video.

😀😀😀

The are also several Strokes and Cupra is a subbrand of Seat, a make thats National. Also they go Beck and the flickering images are a Massive Attack on epileptics

Jokes aside, the way they announed "the poster", I'd say we're getting two relatively similar weekends. I doubt that breaking the news of two festivals along with two massivey different line-ups will go down well with people. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

😀😀😀

The are also several Strokes and Cupra is a subbrand of Seat, a make thats National. Also they go Beck and the flickering images are a Massive Attack on epileptics

Jokes aside, the way they announed "the poster", I'd say we're getting two relatively similar weekends. I doubt that breaking the news of two festivals along with two massivey different line-ups will go down well with people. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking too - it would suck if everyone who had their tickets rolled over ended up with a really different lineup. But it's Primavera so I'm sure most of it I'll be pretty happy with regardless. 

Also that teaser video was hilarious I have no idea what that was about