Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The fact they've done it before tells me they won't do it today.

For all their stupid gimmicks, it's a different gimmick each time.

That’s true but I’m sure it’s happened for the last few years, the rocket timer changed and the Wild West one did I’m sure? 

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

MY guess- dates on the 19th, lineup on the 25th

and hopefully it will leak a day before like most recent years

I agree with your guess about dates first then names but why do you hope the line-up leaks? I like it when we all hear it simultaneously. After all the work they put into it, and keeping it underwraps, I think they deserve the splash.

4 minutes ago, pipan said:

Well, I would be surprised. Just this morning I've received an official e-mail confirming 25th May as the date of the line-up release. Releasing it today would just really lack any logic... But so does the new countdown a little bit.

No reason they can't release a few names tho. A slow dripfeed of acts =\= the lineup

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

I agree with your guess about dates first then names but why do you hope the line-up leaks? I like it when we all hear it simultaneously. After all the work they put into it, and keeping it underwraps, I think they deserve the splash.

Basically I agree with you, but I'm just an impatient guy...

oh, and I'm fine with the poster leaked in full like last two time, to get everything simultaneously 🙂

8 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

yeah, doesn't work for me either on chrome desktop. 

in Safari or my phone it works

I'm Chrome Desktop too ... There is no scrolling or panning, so window needs to be maximised to see the whole thing.
image.png.899f171de071148435b1dbe2d0ea3d76.png

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

It doesn't just seem like years, it has been years now! 

Looks very much like:

• 25-29 May - Weekend 1
  • 1-5 June - Weekend 2
  • 10-12 June - Porto (confirmed)

Presumably the 'reverse' thing will feature in the lineup announcement too. 

Looking at Bikini Kills tour dates ... They are in the US until May 31st. European tour starts on June 5th, so that would lead them to be only available for Weekend 2. Not available for Porto either.

They used to make short announcents with bands, instead giving the full line-up before 2013. I really loved that, because you could  really focus en each confirmation, you could listen carefully, and this process used to last several months. This is not going to happen again, but I will really appreciate a few names before 25th

35 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

They used to make short announcents with bands, instead giving the full line-up before 2013. I really loved that, because you could  really focus en each confirmation, you could listen carefully, and this process used to last several months. This is not going to happen again, but I will really appreciate a few names before 25th

I just want to be overwhelmed by the sheer mass of amazing artist and use an entire day to go through the poster a hundred times and still discover new stuff. 

Still this will be less of the cas this time, due to the many "repetitions" from 2021. Could also be somewhat of a letdown, if they had to drop Autechre, The Caretaker or Arthur Verocai

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I just want to be overwhelmed by the sheer mass of amazing artist and use an entire day to go through the poster a hundred times and still discover new stuff. 

Still this will be less of the cas this time, due to the many "repetitions" from 2021. Could also be somewhat of a letdown, if they had to drop Autechre, The Caretaker or Arthur Verocai

I'm with you.

Also, though the delivery is often a bit naff, a video reveal on the announcement day is fun as you get the names one by one.

The Idles' team ruined that a couple of years back and in hindsight I'd have preferred to have the next morning.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I'm with you.

Also, though the delivery is often a bit naff, a video reveal on the announcement day is fun as you get the names one by one.

The Idles' team ruined that a couple of years back and in hindsight I'd have preferred to have the next morning.

As they'll probably not be at PS22, the only risk factor is Pavement 😄 

43 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

They tried to do this again with the radio shows, but that was just a huge letdown. I love the big lineup reveals, since they are so good to hype it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

would dates alone bring anyone “joy”? I’m thinking at least some names are coming on Wednesday 

Maybe the band xxialac mentioned? Don't know how big they are but announcing one act in advance to start the fire has been quite common (f.e. the Strokes in 2015 or Pavement for 2020)

Yeah, I'm hoping the enlarged bill means even more scope for experimentation. The kind of acts that rarely tour or are putting on special shows.

One 'positive' of Primavera being cancelled this year is that the auditori might well have been out of action, which would have been massively disappointing. Will be back next year.

I suspect all we'll get on Wednesday is the confirmation of the two dates and the two date concept.

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For those into Spanish bands, it looks like Alegria is a reference to Antonia Font who disbanded a while ago and are presumably coming back.

Great spot. Alegria is a song of theirs and "es evident" is a line in it (thank you, google). But with all due respect, surely they're not doing a huge ad and a countdown just for that?