Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Had an amazing Saturday. Mavis Staples, Dreamcatcher, Bauhaus and DIIV my highlights. Also had a good time at Abbath and Beach House. Noticed Stu from King Gizz at front on DIIV, a few meters away, really into it. A few guys recognized him and got their selfies.

So hyped after reading all your posts the last couple of days! Arriving on Wednesday, and the festivals starts with the always brilliant Alex Cameron at 1700 on Thursday. Slowdive gave me on of my all time Primavera moments in 2014, cant wait to se them again at Cupra on Thursday as well.

Not great that Rigoberta Bandini plays at Tous in WK2, not Cupra as she did in WK1. I hope its possible to get from one side of the festival site to the other wihtout getting killed, as both she and Strokes (starting 20 min after Bandini) are must see for us on Friday.

Edited by pne094
  • Upvote 1

Both me and my girlfriend are double weekend but going to Alex Cameron/Jamila Woods/Shame tonight with a friend who’s only doing the one weekend, so hope that doesn’t fuck things up and make it difficult to get in. Unsure on how early we should be arriving - tonight’s gonna be a bit of a tester.

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

Did anyone use the self serve beer pumps at ouigo? Checked what I spent and it worked out so much cheaper than the prices at the bars. That's if you don't struggle for signal anywau

Seen they had another one on the way to the main stages , 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

For those who travelled back already - any issues with airport queues in Barcelona? I'm out tomorrow evening so just wondering how far ahead I should arrive. 

I’ve had an email from RyanAir, asking me to be at the airport 3hours before departure 

21 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Ugh. I was hoping I wouldn't need three hours in that airport but might be necessary so. 

I had exact same email for flying out . Just a general email they send to everyone. I arrived 3 hours before my flight at 6.20 am , so 3.30 am but security never opened till 4am

49 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

For those who travelled back already - any issues with airport queues in Barcelona? I'm out tomorrow evening so just wondering how far ahead I should arrive. 

Security and passport took us about 1 hour at 10am this morning - mostly the passport queue

42 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I would be curious to hear some feedback from people who saw nick cave both in 2018 and yesterday. I saw some videos and the track list  and the mood looked quite different (more laid-back?). I regret not having seen him now 😅

Thought yesterday’s set was better. My favorite set of the week. Everyone was even quiet for the slow songs which is a miracle by primavera standards. Opening with get ready for love was as good as arcade fire opening with wake up in 2017