Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, Traci said:

Sorry I should have specified - the free t-shirt in the Ticket App

You can’t pick them up on site but there’s a shopping centre not too far from the festival called Diagonal Mar which has a Pull & Bear in it and you can pick them up there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bram said:

Does anyone manage to watch any performer in Auditori yesterday? How was the queue?  Really want to watch Jenny Hval today

I saw Low. I get to the line at 16h50 and entered 17h10. It was full, but the Auditori has a great acoustic and you can have a good view. I imagine that today Mavis Staples will also be full, but being at 19h00, with Low and Einsturzend at the same time, I think that will be possible to enter.

From what I heard, it was "easy" to enter for Autechre.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I had a browse on setlist.fm - genuinely thought The National and Beck's setlists would be a lot shorter.

Part of what I love about Primavera is a lot of bands getting really proper set times. 1:40 for Pavement, 1:30 for the National and today 2 hours of nick cave. They let bands play on rather than force them to a short greatest hits. This way you get gems like Apartment Story and Pink Rabbits yesterday, and all those Pavement deep cuts. 

So good to hear so many positive reports from yesterday. I'm exhausted now but we had a great time too. No issues with bars or crowds (bar some chatting but that's expected these days) and really enjoyed Beck, The National, Caribou and Jamie xx. 

It is absolutely wild that they initially wanted Caribou to play on Cupra - the main stage crowd they got was huge. 

I really didn't think they could fix the issues so quickly but it's great that they did. 

Gonna take it easy for the day now before Nick Cave, Gorillaz and Beach House later on. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Is it tonight that the metro runs all night or was that yesterday? 

Yeah non stop on Saturday which my twisted ankle will thank me for after walking an hour home. Funny part is I did it walking and not dancing about like a maniac to Gizz.

the thing about the auditori four o’clock shows is unless you’re VIP you’ll definitely miss the first half hour as the gates open about 4.10pm, and then you have to queue. 

EDIT: we’ll, that’s what i found yesterday with the act before low. 

Edited by Ohjesus

Actually you can enter the Auditori before the first act at 4pm (and the gates opening), you just have to walk around the Auditori and go to the VIP entrance, that's where you can access the Auditori. It was able to get in at 3:35pm yesterday before Marina Herlop!

1 minute ago, Toooom97 said:

Actually you can enter the Auditori before the first act at 4pm (and the gates opening), you just have to walk around the Auditori and go to the VIP entrance, that's where you can access the Auditori. It was able to get in at 3:35pm yesterday before Marina Herlop!

And you can do without being VIP

Yesterday was fabulous.

Fontaines were incredible, Beck is a consummate showman and Mogwai were the perfect way to finish.

Enjoyed the National but was anxious for Matt's voice after it cracked quite early on.

Found that the VIP stage is so far away from the stage that there is about a second/second and a half lag on the sound.

Think it may have been defeated by the speed of sound.