Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Gorillaz was surreal. I wonder whether they play the similiar set with the same featuring artist at W2? Fatoumata Diawara, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, MOS DEF, De la soul and one of the member of Pharcyde (forget his name) were already star studded, but would love to relive the experience with  a twist on the set list and guest performer.

Edited by Bram

Die Katapult - I fell in love with them shortly after they were announced during that infamous radio shows in 2019 and yesterday, after more than 2 and 1/2 years waiting, I was finally able to enjoy them. Enjoyed every single song.

Dreamcatcher - these ones took me by surprise. Their music didn't do much for me when I listened to them before the festival, but they totally won me over live. Numerous and quite long talking intermezzos worked for me too. Charming, fun, almost unbearably cute. 

Gorillaz - THE headliner of the first weekend for me. Well, I haven't seen any "proper" headliner at all on Thursday and Friday (sorry, Charli... but you were brilliant), so not much to compare with, but still, great concert, almost perfect setlist, so many guests, felt like the climax of the 1st weekend.

However, it was not possible to get into Beach House set afterwards, so I just stayed for a few songs (without even being able to see the stage) and moved to Disclosure to finish myself. And I did.

I'm done now, totally exhausted, can't believe next Primavera is in four days!

Plan for the today - El Petit de Cal Eril + Boy Pablo, then hopefully one of the Razzmatazzes.

My run of Caroline Polacheck, Idles, Beach House, Disclosure was perfect. Saving Gorillaz and Tyler for next week. Really need these next few days to recover though, my back pain hasn't been this bad since Glasto 2016 😬

Edited by kaytee...

1 hour ago, Matt1976 said:

Still got some fuel left in the tank. Any suggestions what time to arrive at Sala Apolo, King Gizzard tonight? Thanks in advance.

if travelling home today, safe travels.  

Arrival time think would depend on what ticket you have. Judging by wet leg on Wednesday if VIP or double weekend then doors open , 

Squarepusher were the perfect closer. Absolute scenes over in Bits. Not remotely busy either, which was a shame for him but quite nice for us.

Beyond tired today though. Had a real mare getting back after stupidly choosing the shuttle bus (took forever to get on and then forever to get to Catalunya). Very quiet day today for us. Would like to hear how busy the ciutat gigs are in prep for Magnetic Fields tomorrow.

Safe travels all who are going back today, we've got three days to explore Barcelona now (gently and slowly with lots of sit downs).

Managed to do beach house —> Tyler just missing over and over and watching an abundant half of Tyler set so I feel like I won over Primavera clashes 😅 highlights for me were Jenny hval (top 5 of the weekend, the sound in the auditorium was very warm), beach house but I am biased lol, Bauhaus were super good. I had to go back to binance from gorillaz definitely too soon though. Best day of the festival easily. Crowd dispersion worked perfectly, insane quality on the side stages

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, adforperu said:

What a fucking weekend! So many good sets, I don't think anyone I saw was disappointing.

Now doing a proper "city break" with my partner before she flies back and I do weekend two... already can't wait!

Black Country, New Road were not good really, but aside from them.. agreed. Caroline Polachek was outstanding last night

7 minutes ago, brosch said:

Black Country, New Road were not good really, but aside from them.. agreed. Caroline Polachek was outstanding last night

I think the new material sounded a bit more soft (maybe too soft?) but there were at least a couple of beautiful  tracks in the set.