Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

45 minutes ago, MarmK said:

Enjoyed the National but was anxious for Matt's voice after it cracked quite early on.

Think his voice not being all that great kind of adds to their charm in a live environment. Like, can he fuck sing the chorus of The System Only… like he does on the album, but the strain of him trying and his voice giving in just works when he does it live. 

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

How was the Access to/from Binance yesterday?. The Sharon van Etten show on Thursday was frightening and I've a few bits on there today that I'm keen to see. 

Hopeful it's resolved since everything else seems to have been fixed. 

Gizzard was an absolutely nuts crowd but getting in and out of the area wasn't a problem for us. Had to accept that we were far too tired to stay in the center though and slipped to the side to dance like idiots. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bram said:

Does anyone manage to watch any performer in Auditori yesterday? How was the queue?  Really want to watch Jenny Hval today

We tried to get in for Low but left too late (got there at 5.20). Queue for Autechre was already long but we joined anyway and waited an hour and a half. Was worth it as we got in but queuing in the heat was a bit grim. There was loads coming and going during Autechre though so maybe didn't need to but the staff were saying we might not even get in if we joined the queue so we went for it. Short answer: no idea. We are heading there now to hopefully see a bit of Caretaker and maybe Jenny Hval.

20 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Gizzard was an absolutely nuts crowd but getting in and out of the area wasn't a problem for us. Had to accept that we were far too tired to stay in the center though and slipped to the side to dance like idiots. 

Thanks - I can manage that, I'd say. 

8 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

i'm very glad to hear yesterday was a lot better for people, i was fully starting to go into panic mode, lol. hope tonight follows suit!

does anyone know if the coffee places stayed open later (i.e. past midnight) last night? 

The one by the main entrance definitely didnt. I went to the aperol bar next door to it after the National and it was shut. 

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

The one by the main entrance definitely didnt. I went to the aperol bar next door to it after the National and it was shut. 

ah nuts. def had one from (3) at like, 3am before, so fingers crossed it was just the franchise one that shuts up early. otherwise i'll be smuggling kahlua in, lol

image.thumb.png.262b732253c8f4ecb0ca7772b03d0de9.png

9 minutes ago, Rhak said:

The tip with binance is to enter from the other side. Not the side leading to vip

Yep, this is what I did yesterday when I went to see Weyes Blood and Warpaint, both were absolutely managable (my only complaint was a drunk British guy who vomited next to me during Weyes Blood...lol)

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

Usual afternoon question about auditori situation? A bit late and I am afraid to miss caretaker 

I assume you got in! We were running late so only saw half an hour but loved what I saw. Captivating and disturbing. Probably going to stay for a bit of Hval before Low. Was a dream getting into Auditori with no ueue!

On a separate note yesterday and today I've seen a couple of people walk in with drinks! How they do that?

32 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

i'm very glad to hear yesterday was a lot better for people, i was fully starting to go into panic mode, lol. hope tonight follows suit!

does anyone know if the coffee places stayed open later (i.e. past midnight) last night? 

I don’t think so. Went to the coffee booth at 3.00 am (day 1) and 1.45 am (day 2) and they already closed

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I assume you got in! We were running late so only saw half an hour but loved what I saw. Captivating and disturbing. Probably going to stay for a bit of Hval before Low. Was a dream getting into Auditori with no ueue!

On a separate note yesterday and today I've seen a couple of people walk in with drinks! How they do that?

Most of the guards I see really don't give a shit. Hang back and watch who's being thorough and who isn't, I went to the same chap twice and will do the same soon 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Most of the guards I see really don't give a shit. Hang back and watch who's being thorough and who isn't, I went to the same chap twice and will do the same soon 

In the auditori? They're pretty thorough with the drinks and snacks here from what I see. I've seen people walk in with pints and can't work out how!

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

In the auditori? They're pretty thorough with the drinks and snacks here from what I see. I've seen people walk in with pints and can't work out how!

Oh sorry no I mean the main gate guards, just gotta try and choose the disinterested ones

Negative for Covid but me and my partner have picked something up, chesty cough and mild chills. Today is a bit touch and go and it'll just be Nick and Gorillaz if anything. Gutted is an understatement but it is what it is I guess. 

21 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I got a complete bag search and Pat down. Completely surprised me.