Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

Just now, Divein said:

I had it in my head they were down for JP in 2020 but I don’t know if I’ve got that wrong. 

I'd be happier with John Peel as less likely to clash but I suspect that they are acoustic unless Billy Bragg as got them for leftfield which would be a bit well leftfield. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes when he drinks he really drinks but he has long periods of being teetotal now. Apparently he only drinks when he's writing songs now. 

yeah, would have been about 20 years ago, now, he was at a Robert Love gig at the fleece, someone i knew worked on the door and she offered to take him somewhere he could get a late drink.

4 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Well happy with the Paul Heaton news, would be happy with a JP appearance or headlining Acoustic on the Friday or Sunday.  I was quite surprised how small the crowd was in 2016 when they were on T'Other stage.  

They have toured an awful lot in recent years and I know if I have seen someone recently I often don't go and see them for the opportunity to see someone new. I've never seen them on the farm for that reason as I have usually seen them before. Although I would like to hear Me and the Farmer on the farm 😄 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

They have toured an awful lot in recent years and I know if I have seen someone recently I often don't go and see them for the opportunity to see someone new. I've never seen them on the farm for that reason as I have usually seen them before. Although I would like to hear Me and the Farmer on the farm 😄 

I think he should be on the farm during the lead up constantly singing "Build", Norman could join him as well!

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Was that the one were Rob was off his face and threw a couple of handfuls of pills into the crowd?

if he did i didn't notice. Rob came out drinking with us too.

11 minutes ago, Padgey said:

They'd probably have to re-write Sheep to erm....................................!

I remember my first year in the campervan field being near I assume another bunch of newbies who sang Caravan of Love for about 2 hours straight. 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

He's far too big for acoustic. Subbing Eagles at Hyde Park, headlining Roskilde, etc. Plus he was the frontman for a now legendary band. Could give many more reasons but he's obviously a Pyramid act 

And yet he has headlined the Acoustic before...

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I'd be happier with John Peel as less likely to clash but I suspect that they are acoustic unless Billy Bragg as got them for leftfield which would be a bit well leftfield. 

His politics are very much along those lines so maybe not fully out the question.

I love them but I think it's unlikely I'd go to see them this year. There's too much on already and I've seen them a lot of times.

23 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

He writes a new song every day 😉

It was quite an interesting article where I found this information apparently he goes to the Netherland for a 10 day/2 week period and writes his new album and then comes back home and is back on the wagon. Quite a strange situation as he also owns a pub. 

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, in 2002. Last time he played was third down on Pyramid. Plus 2002 wasn't with Alison Krauss.

Last time on the Pyramid was my favourite show of the entire festival that year. Have gone to see him when he toured on the strength of that.