Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Ally Pally was even worse to get to than O2 for me.  Found it an odd venue as well, although I was there with Mrs Q so not down in the thick of it.

I think I just have much more of an affinity with smaller venues. Brixton is about as big as I like to go really, and that's just under 5,000.  Concorde2 in Brighton is about 600 I think, and that's probably the biggest of my regular venues.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

They’d also get a very good crowd opposite Kendrick.  I’d be there. 

It's one of those where I'd be disappointed to choose them to end my night. I like a few but I'm not that into them. I still don't see the headline mind. They are the weak Latitude headliner for me and their Reading slot tells me they won't headline Other.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Paid over a hundred quid for a single gig that wasn't via a tout for the first time last year (then decided I didn't want to go but luckily COVID knackered it and I got a refund) and felt a little sick doing so.

GNR return I paid £95 for and that was a do I/don't I moment but it's Axl and Slash together again. Not bloody Billie Eilish who's only just started.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I honestly do not know who Burna Boy is.

You don't need to.

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah's are a european exclusive at Primavera unfortunately, so looks like no Glasto  for them next year

48 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

England isnt a part of Europe.... Or so says Bojo

This is a fair point. England isn't part of the European Union anymore. 

15 hours ago, nikkic said:

That would be the only redeeming feature. 

Corporate hell hole. Shit sound. Ridiculously priced drinks. 

I had an invite to one of the corporate boxes that go to their partners (banks, Waitrose etc) and the difference in treatment to the people in there and regular punters was stark.

51 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Must have been mentioned before Roger Walters ? Not played for a while.

F0EEC9E5-9A1B-494D-965E-1547B36B6FFD.png

Would be a pretty good replacement for Macca if, for whatever reason, he's out of the picture next year.

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Must have been mentioned before Roger Walters ? Not played for a while.

F0EEC9E5-9A1B-494D-965E-1547B36B6FFD.png

I get that there is room, but then you run the risk of losing a crew member over covid and visa stuff coming back into the u.s. if its still a thing by then. He’ll probably be  rehearsing possibly in Pittsburgh the week leading up to the tour and go straight in. Unless there is some small amount of shows that get announced in the uk for June I wouldnt count on it. He would also like to pull off his whole show and this tour is in the round/360 and built for indoor arenas.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm yeah cmon, if you’ve seen the stage show Rog does, you know he’s not doing Glasto and then skipping across the pond in a week. Arguably can’t do the G at all with his inflatable pigs and all those props.

Pretty sure an inflatable pig being let loose would get struck down by the council too

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pretty sure an inflatable pig being let loose would get struck down by the council too

That would be hilarious.

edit: wait do you mean they would stop it from happening or they'd shoot it? Only one of those is hilarious.

Edited by dentalplan