Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

What even is "Dad Rock" these days?

It's a phrase that's been around forever, I'm 41 and it existed when I was a teenager to describe the sort of stuff you'd get on a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear CD - Status Quo, Deep Purple, Queen, Genesis... that sort of thing.

I'm a father and I don't listen to that sort of stuff and I can't imagine many my age do, is it not "grandad rock" now?

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

It's a phrase that's been around forever, I'm 41 and it existed when I was a teenager to describe the sort of stuff you'd get on a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear CD - Status Quo, Deep Purple, Queen, Genesis... that sort of thing.

I'm a father and I don't listen to that sort of stuff and I can't imagine many my age do, is it not "grandad rock" now?

Dad rock is probably Arctic Monkeys now

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Fj8TyFWWAAAI8Sv?format=jpg&name=small

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Careful that you don't get people to start using it even more.

When I've bring it up with the person who says the phrase on here they realise their error. There is just a few regulars who argue against it, with illogical points. 

I suppose in a more general sense when a bigoted term is called out for what it is bigots will always double down and use it more because they see themselves as some kind of edgelord. Doesn't mean it's not worth fighting for 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil said:

touring around Glastonbury are Rhythm of the 90s, you never know they might play Glastonbury again?

They tour continually … good fun though and hopefully 🙂  last time they played I think was pre festival at croissant Neuf and the tent was solid and the heat coming off the entrance was ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They tour continually … good fun though and hopefully 🙂  last time they played I think was pre festival at croissant Neuf and the tent was solid and the heat coming off the entrance was ridiculous 

there's no 'hopefully', i know they're playing, just don't know details yet.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Bob Smith has slagged off Weller before tbf

Couldn't find anything. Only this https://www.youtube.com/embed/uESE75WvEeQ

Which doesn't really warrant what Weller said. I just thought it was quite a shitty thing to say to someone.

Edited by scatteredscreens