Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

The thing is Burna boy is quite big. I’m not completely certain it means he has to headline a stage, I just think he could pull a crowd amongst some competitive options.

He’s billed quite high at wireless isn’t he?

Its hard to predict when you know some acts are going to be low balled a bit.

Burna Boy was down to play 2020 in the John Peel. Wasn't headlining as we know Charles was headlining the evening he'd self-confirmed for, IIRC. I don't know if he's glown up so heavily over lockdown that he'd now be in contention for WH or JP headline slots.

I'm expecting Ghetts for Silver Hayes.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They have, but I think that’s Bicep job this year. Not having it that they’re headlining Other like some have gotten carried away with on here. Justice 2017 all over again. 

I wasn't here for Justice in 2017, but i can bet they weren't headlining festivals all across the UK ahead of being suggested for Other headline?

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bit harsh IMO. Miles better than your the usual Courteeners / Vaccines etc.

The Vaccines new album is not half bad

I have a gut feeling we’re missing a big name or two still. No concrete evidence on why that is, it just seems like we are. Losing Aerosmith on the pyramid 3rd down and Dua Lipa on the Other who’s much bigger than the likes of Bicep and others who are touted for taking that slot, just leads me to believe there’s one or two top slots still to be confirmed.

When I first read on here that Calvin Harris was playing as Love Regenerator on Pangea I thought he’d be in with a shout for Other headliner, especially up against Macca to split the crowds up Saturday night. Dates in Ireland and Scotland the week before and after Glastonbury, and he has now tweeted about Funk Waves Volume 2, so maybe a new Calvin album on the way also. Could he be in with a Saturday night other slot before heading over the Pangea a stones throw away to playing as Love Regenerator?

5 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

I have a gut feeling we’re missing a big name or two still. No concrete evidence on why that is, it just seems like we are. Losing Aerosmith on the pyramid 3rd down and Dua Lipa on the Other who’s much bigger than the likes of Bicep and others who are touted for taking that slot, just leads me to believe there’s one or two top slots still to be confirmed.

When I first read on here that Calvin Harris was playing as Love Regenerator on Pangea I thought he’d be in with a shout for Other headliner, especially up against Macca to split the crowds up Saturday night. Dates in Ireland and Scotland the week before and after Glastonbury, and he has now tweeted about Funk Waves Volume 2, so maybe a new Calvin album on the way also. Could he be in with a Saturday night other slot before heading over the Pangea a stones throw away to playing as Love Regenerator?

I think you’re right.

Harry or Flo before Billie.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // Wolf Alice // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals // Glass Animals // Sam Fender // Blossoms // First Aid Kit // St. Vincent // Inhaler // Happy Mondays or equivalent nostalgia

West Holts: Little Simz // Burna Boy // Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 // TEMS // Greentea Peng // Emma-Jean Thackray

John Peel: Four Tet // Roísín Murphy // Jessie Ware // Clairo // Dry Cleaning // Confidence Man // PinkPantheress // Amyl & The Sniffers // Warmduscher

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // Big Thief // Cate Le Bon // Sports Team // Girl in Red

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid // Candi Staton // Black Dyke Band

Other: Doja Cat // Megan Thee Stallion // IDLES // Metronomy // Declan McKenna // Mitski // Lianne La Havas // Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Leon Bridges // Khruangbin // Celeste // Nubya Garcia // Koffee // Sampa The Great // Brass Against

John Peel: Charli XCX // Ghetts // Caroline Polachek // The Jesus and Mary Chain // Black Midi // Squid // Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever // Yves Tumor // The Big Moon

Park: Caribou // Self Esteem // TBA – Florence // JARV IS // Maggie Rogers // Soccer Mommy // Gabriels

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // [possible missing sub/3rd] // Lorde // Diana Ross // Crowded House // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Supergrass // The Lathums // Wet Leg // Griff // Shame // Easy Life

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax // TLC // Angelique Kidjo // Snarky Puppy // Black Uhuru

John Peel: Primal Scream // Fontaines D.C // TBA – The 1975 // beabadoobee // Holly Humberstone // Turnstile // Yard Act // Tones and I

Park: Bonobo // Courtney Barnett // Sleaford Mods // The Avalanches // Joy Crookes

The Lathums 4th other seems pretty weak vs blossoms and metronomy? bit of a nitpick but the whole sunday other seems a bit off to me especilaly with declan 5th on saturday

Even as someone who loves Vampire Weekend, they've got a better shout for it now than Ezra and his tree-huggers did in 2019.

Best Group at the Brits, subbing R+L, Emily loves 'em, done the Pyramid before, we're in an age of boosting female rockers: all the ley lines converge on Glastonbury.

Open your third eye and dab up on the Wolf train, my man!

I was kind of iffy on them subbing and still think there’s a chance they could be a bit further down, but these are all great points. I honestly don’t think they’re quite there yet myself, but they’re the exact kind of act Emily would give the boost to as they’re fast becoming a classic friends of the festival type band. 

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Precisely my issue – it's a bastard stage to predict. I don't actually think Lathums will slot there but tricky to see who naturally fills the gap between Supergrass and the rest.

Declan's not my bag so no idea how high or low his stock is these days. Will lump him 4th Sunday for now and take your word for it

I think hes fine 4/5th and it was more the lathums were high

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Even as someone who loves Vampire Weekend, they've got a better shout for it now than Ezra and his tree-huggers did in 2019.

Best Group at the Brits, subbing R+L, Emily loves 'em, done the Pyramid before, we're in an age of boosting female rockers: all the ley lines converge on Glastonbury.

Open your third eye and dab up on the Wolf train, my man!

Idk vampire weekend being a big American band I think they have more bargaining power.

Not to sound suprefan but I think certain acts command higher slots and some are more flexible. Wolf Alice to me seem happy to go wherever Glasto will place them. 

Think their booking agent will be walking around with a giant printed-out Wikipedia entry saying they went to No.1 and demanding a modest shimmy up the ladder.

Fair enough, guess a modest shimmy is necessary if it keeps them happy