Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't know which one as I got sent a screenshot, but there's a news outlet using one of Matt42's speculative posters in place of the real thing for reporting the poster news.

It wasn’t one of mine it was someone else’s.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We’ll probably get a few acts who aren’t on the poster self confirming over the next month or so. But I’m not expecting anything formal from the festival for at least 4-6 weeks now.

If we have a special sub I can see that being announced some point before May 😉

But I think the next substantial thing we will get is some of the smaller stages getting posters in May leading up to stage splits and set times late May.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We’ll probably get a few acts who aren’t on the poster self confirming over the next month or so. But I’m not expecting anything formal from the festival for at least 4-6 weeks now.

Yep agreed, some posters from early April time (as always) for the smaller stages.

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If we have a special sub I can see that being announced some point before May 😉

But I think the next substantial thing we will get is some of the smaller stages getting posters in May leading up to stage splits and set times late May.

We've gotten silver Hayes in April every year since 2016, unsure why they wouldn't give us something until May. 2019 we had a different poster each week, including the new map.

21 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

We've gotten silver Hayes in April every year since 2016, unsure why they wouldn't give us something until May. 2019 we had a different poster each week, including the new map.

That was great. Really hope they do the drip feed up to the full lineup and times at end of May again.

6 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That was great. Really hope they do the drip feed up to the full lineup and times at end of May again.

It's just fun to have a bunch of new acts and artists to listen to each week. It gives them their own time to shine. It also hypes me up as the late night areas normally announce their plans of new staging. 

Then the times come out and all your plans fall through.

33 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think what the poster is really missing is a bit of dance - I know usually dance is left till later but I reckon they’ve got a super impressive cohort this year. Especially with awakenings moving and DJs being more “free” than usual years.

I’ve also heard from a friend of someone high up in organising the downlow. (If I said his name you’d know him). That bloc 9 et al have been chasing after some very interesting names. 

Edited by Matt42

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think what the poster is really missing is a bit of dance - I know usually dance is left till later but I reckon they’ve got a super impressive cohort this year. Especially with awakenings moving and DJs being more “free” than usual years.

I’ve also heard from a friend of someone high up in organising the downlow. (If I said his name you’d know him). That bloc 9 et al have been chasing after some very interesting names. 

Well with the rumours of Love Regenerator, Chase and Status, Chemical Brothers DJ set on Pangea, they're gonna have to put some bigger people elsewhere.

My hope is IICON get some people that can really fill that space. The area they have is huge and its an amazing stage, they just need the names. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Well with the rumours of Love Regenerator, Chase and Status, Chemical Brothers DJ set on Pangea, they're gonna have to put some bigger people elsewhere.

My hope is IICON get some people that can really fill that space. The area they have is huge and its an amazing stage, they just need the names. 

I’m feeling quite confident about it.

I’ve heard Overmono are locked in. Not sure of stage though. Could also be doing multiple sets.

There's loads of acts (Bicep, First Aid Kit, St. Vincent, Khruangbin etc) that I keep changing my mind on but this is my current guess, new acts in italics. 

FRI
Py: Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Arlo Parks, Kae Tempest
OS: Foals, Supergrass, Sigrid, Blossoms, Metronomy, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Happy Mondays
WH: Little Simz, Celeste, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, TEMS, Black Uhuru, Greentea Peng, Richard Dawson, Sauti Sol
JP: Four Tet, St. Vincent, Jessie Ware, Caroline Polachek, Black Midi, Wet Leg, Holly Humberstone, The Big MoonETC Winner
Pa: First Aid Kit, Roisin Murphy, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, Cate Le Bon, Warmduscher, EnnyKaty J PearsonCMAT
Ac: The Waterboys

SAT
Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Haim, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Kacey Musgraves, Ghetts, Candi Staton
OS: Megan Thee Stallion, Glass Animals, Idles, Burna Boy, Phoebe Bridgers, Griff, The Lathums, Skunk Anansie
WH: Bonobo, Leon Bridges, Koffee, Brittany Howard, Joy Crookes, Nubya Garcia, Kikagaku MoyoR.A.E.
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines D.C., The Jesus and Mary Chain, TBA (The 1975), Girl In Red, Jehnny Beth, Soccer Mommy, Alfie Templeman, Chubby & the Gang
Pa: Caribou, Big Thief, JARV IS, Dry Cleaning, Amyl and the Sniffers, Confidence Man, Snail Mail, The Orielles, Hak Baker
Ac: Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot

SUN
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Doja Cat, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock, Rufus Wainwright, Black Dyke Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Declan McKenna, Mitski, Easy Life, Nadine Shah
WH: Bicep, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Angelique Kidjo, Nightmares On Wax, Yves Tumor, Emma-Jean Thackray, Altin Gun
JP: Primal Scream, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Beabadobee, Tones and I, Turnstile, Yard Act, Porridge Radio
Pa: Khruangbin, Courtney Barnett, TBA (Florence + the Machine), Sampa the Great, Squid, Baxter Dury, Gabriels, Los Bitchos

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

There's loads of acts (Bicep, First Aid Kit, St. Vincent, Khruangbin etc) that I keep changing my mind on but this is my current guess, new acts in italics. 

FRI
Py: Billie Eilish, Wolf Alice, Elbow, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Arlo Parks, Kae Tempest
OS: Foals, Supergrass, Sigrid, Blossoms, Metronomy, Lianne La Havas, Inhaler, Happy Mondays
WH: Little Simz, Celeste, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80, TEMS, Black Uhuru, Greentea Peng, Richard Dawson, Sauti Sol
JP: Four Tet, St. Vincent, Jessie Ware, Caroline Polachek, Black Midi, Wet Leg, Holly Humberstone, The Big MoonETC Winner
Pa: First Aid Kit, Roisin Murphy, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, Cate Le Bon, Warmduscher, EnnyKaty J PearsonCMAT

SAT
Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Haim, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Kacey Musgraves, Ghetts, Candi Staton
OS: Megan Thee Stallion, Glass Animals, Idles, Burna Boy, Phoebe Bridgers, Griff, The Lathums, Skunk Anansie
WH: Bonobo, Leon Bridges, Koffee, Brittany Howard, Joy Crookes, Nubya Garcia, Kikagaku MoyoR.A.E.
JP: Charli XCX, Fontaines D.C., The Jesus and Mary Chain, TBA (The 1975), Girl In Red, Jehnny Beth, Soccer Mommy, Alfie Templeman, Chubby & the Gang
Pa: Caribou, Big Thief, JARV IS, Dry Cleaning, Amyl and the Sniffers, Confidence Man, Snail Mail, The Orielles, Hak Baker

SUN
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Doja Cat, Diana Ross, Herbie Hancock, Rufus Wainwright, Black Dyke Band
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Declan McKenna, Mitski, Easy Life, Nadine Shah
WH: Bicep, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Angelique Kidjo, Nightmares On Wax, Yves Tumor, Emma-Jean Thackray, Altin Gun
JP: Primal Scream, Sleaford Mods, Clairo, Beabadobee, Tones and I, Turnstile, Yard Act, Porridge Radio
Pa: Khruangbin, Courtney Barnett, TBA (Florence + the Machine), Sampa the Great, Squid, Baxter Dury, Gabriels, Los Bitchos

FAK v Simz is not a clash I can get behind.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI

SAT

SUN

Foals vs Simz vs Four Tet is an horrendous clash for me.

Really think Sigrid will get her go at El Pointo. Other than that I love it (esp Flo on The Park). 

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

How big roughly is the Pangea crowd area? Similar to Other?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I’m feeling quite confident about it.

I’ve heard Overmono are locked in. Not sure of stage though. Could also be doing multiple sets.

Great booking, hope for FJAAK too

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI

SAT

SUN

I can get behind this. WA subbing Billie would be great.

Foals/Macca/Primal Scream would be a pretty good headline trio for me but if it is Haim vs 1975 I'd be well stuck

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI

SAT

SUN

Yves Tumor on West Holts?

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yves Tumor on West Holts?

I'm only really familiar with his most recent album and EP but I feel he would fit fine on WH, JP or Park.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Other is a right state to work out this year. Nothing looks particularly accurate atm.

Yeah, as you've said before so many of the acts on the poster could genuinely be on any stage this year. You could move half the acts on my prediction around and it would still seem reasonable. 

Just now, maelzoid said:

People are really underestimating Sam Fender at the moment. Big success at NME awards on top of the Brits. And Finsbury Park! That is not 3rd down on the other...

We've had info he's 3rd down Other. Just about the only act we've had that sort of info for, actually.