2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Coldplay way bigger than Arctic Monkeys by the way, locally and globally. Not with folk who you’ll actually talk to about music but they shift stadium tickets like you wouldn’t believe.

<insert Super Hans meme here>

2 hours ago, 2020 Vision said:

If the Monkeys do a set as good as TRNSMT 2018 (with the addition of a few Glastonbury specials such as Fluorescent Adolescent, When the Sun Goes Down, or (god willing) A Certain Romance), I don't understand how anyone could not have at least somewhat of a good time.

MY MAN

4 hours ago, 2020 Vision said:

If the Monkeys do a set as good as TRNSMT 2018 (with the addition of a few Glastonbury specials such as Fluorescent Adolescent, When the Sun Goes Down, or (god willing) A Certain Romance), I don't understand how anyone could not have at least somewhat of a good time.

Agreed. I think Both this and Reading 2014 are great sets, enough to make me see them again. Also, if you take the Glastonbury 2013 set and add Why's you only call me when you're high and the view from the afternoon taking out Crying Lighting or something then that is pretty spot on I reckon.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, henry bear said:

Bigger than Coldplay?

Coldplay bigger but currently I'd take an Arctic's set. For 22 if that's when it returns Arctic's and Muse wouldn't shock me as two easy as you like bookings. FM haven't been able to cash in, they'll defo take another years payday over it first.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, priest17 said:

Colplday probably just edge it popularity wise but far far fewer people actively dislike AM if that makes sense.

I still really hope AM leave it over a decade before coming back, I can see lots of eye rolling around here that it's them again because they're everyone's first guess every year for a solid 6 months so feels like they always do it. I haven't seen them since the '13 tour though, kinda miss em (I'd rather go to their own show or APE though).

This is what I don’t get about AM. They’ve played twice in their entire career yet a third time would be too much for some people?

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Kings of Leon releasing a new album in march. Perhaps they could be given a second chance - like the Killers were - to redeem themselves?

VERY good in Liverpool last year. Hits all the way through alongside some lesser known songs which I think are just as good. But not a Glastonbury headliner unless this new album is only by the night style big as most of the crowd won't be interested 

2 hours ago, petewilson09 said:

Blur? 

Official Glasto twitter just posted clip from their 09' set.

Would be a dream personally.

Would be nice, depends on whether they’re together next year. Obviously Damon is doing Gorillaz this year but that all depends on whether those shows happen or not.

Think we’ll see Blur back in the next 2-3 years. Whether that’s at Glastonbury is anyone’s guess.

speaking of heritage headliners, looks like Lollapalooza in Chicago is going that route with one of them. Journey is booked to play as a headliner. ( they have 8 headliner slots btw )

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/neal-schon-interview-journey-arnel-pineda-steve-perry-universe-1109823/

''We did book our first show of 2021. We’re going to be headlining Lollapalooza in Chicago on July 31st unless they move it. My fingers are crossed that everyone is going to get the vaccine and feel good and get back to it. I’m just so looking forward to playing with the new band. Post Malone is headlining at the same time as us about a mile away on another stage. It’ll be interesting.''