2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon they will need confirmation from the acts tho - and if they are both dropping tours they may not be able to. Might have to just keep it as an open secret.

Macca had no qualms confirming himself last time. Now that it’s out in the open that he’s touring this summer there isn’t much to hold him back.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca had no qualms confirming himself last time. Now that it’s out in the open that he’s touring this summer there isn’t much to hold him back.

What I mean is they may have an agreement with Macca’s team that he will announce his european shows first. They will have to ask for permission to confirm on the back of the press news.

You know this could just have been planned that he announces his u.s. dates this past friday and the following friday was glasto. But the mainstream news essentially confirming him makes it come sooner than later. At this stage whatever acts are on the initial poster have to be cool with it being released. Like somebody at the bottom cant be holding it up somehow, that would be disappointing. A sold out event should not have any effect on whatever else is coming if he does indeed have europe dates.

Edited by Suprefan

I presume that Macca's people wanted to lead with the US announce with it being 'Got Back'. Hence why he's not self-confirmed.

I think the only thing they would need to agree on is a date and time for any promo to be sent on socials, to get in co-ordinated.

I notice Macca's socials are pushing the US tickets so whether they would want to break that promo for a glasto announce is the question I think.  

8 minutes ago, Divein said:

I presume that Macca's people wanted to lead with the US announce with it being 'Got Back'. Hence why he's not self-confirmed.

I think the only thing they would need to agree on is a date and time for any promo to be sent on socials, to get in co-ordinated.

I notice Macca's socials are pushing the US tickets so whether they would want to break that promo for a glasto announce is the question I think.  

I’m not sure how much impact a GF announcement would have on his US Tour sales. I also doubt the socials would be too heavy on Glastonbury stuff, presuming the festival announces first probably just a couple of tweets confirming and a few words from the man himself about how excited he is. Then it’s back to plugging the US Tour.

Edited by Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Divein said:

Trouble is, at the minute most of the Macca related searches on Twitter and Google news headlines are “Macca to headline Glastonbury” 😂 Promotion of the US tour has been sidetracked anyway.

8 minutes ago, Divein said:

Let’s be real those US dates will sell out instantly. Everyone knows it.

I think the issue here as I’ve said in another thread is whether there was an agreement NOT to announce him until he had put his tour up on sale first, which will be much much harder to wrangle around if that agreement is in writing. They may have to keep it as an open secret.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Trouble is, at the minute most of the Macca related searches on Twitter and Google news headlines are “Macca to headline Glastonbury” 😂 Promotion of the US tour has been sidetracked anyway.

Just typed “Paul McCartney Glastonbury” into Twitter and pretty much every media outlet is reporting it now.

Can’t see them not announcing in the next 24 hours now.

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

If there is no issue announcing PM and Kendrick would an early first poster be that out of the question?

If it's earlier than the pre-agreed date, then the Festival would need to go and get permission from (the management of) every act on it.

If they are bringing Macca forward because of the media stories, having agreed an announcement date with him, they'll need to get in touch. Last week he was in west coast US, so if he's still there don't expect anything until later today at the earliest. 

I'm not sure the U.S stuff will impact an announcement much, certainly in terms of ticket sales. Irrelevant really, given how tickets work at Glastonbury. Unless of course there's gonna be other (European?) dates to accompany it.

Tbh though if it's going on Good Morning Britain 😄 they may as well just get it out there

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If they are bringing Macca forward because of the media stories, having agreed an announcement date with him, they'll need to get in touch. Last week he was in west coast US, so if he's still there don't expect anything until later today at the earliest. 

They can call his management at any hour and get that sorted. Its only 1:30 here. not too too late.

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I'm not sure the U.S stuff will impact an announcement much, certainly in terms of ticket sales. Irrelevant really, given how tickets work at Glastonbury. Unless of course there's gonna be other (European?) dates to accompany it.

Tbh though if it's going on Good Morning Britain 😄 they may as well just get it out there

To be honest, I'm just here for your reaction when they announce Macca...

sddefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Let’s be real those US dates will sell out instantly. Everyone knows it.

I think the issue here as I’ve said in another thread is whether there was an agreement NOT to announce him until he had put his tour up on sale first, which will be much much harder to wrangle around if that agreement is in writing. They may have to keep it as an open secret.

Well the market will def go soft on the 2 big stadium dates in La and jersey. La is def getting a second date added and last year when the Stones did it they were giving away tons of tickets for the added date. Might be the case here regardless.