2021 New Music

dentalplan

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm well this is a bit shit

I actually kinda like the goofy Halloween aesthetic in this, works as a fun little release for me. With their band name I was expecting them to come back with a bang though as they'll have more eyes on them than usual. 

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

💓

Part 2 to an album I didn't know there was a Part 1 of. 😅

It was alright.

• Like 1

As there's a bit of a run of covers at the moment...

Death Cab For Cutie did an EP of covers by Georgia bands to fundraise for a voters' rights organisation and to celebrate the Democrats' win there.  It's DCFC so it's all good, but this is my pick. One of my favourite REM tracks so was a bit nervous about a cover, but love this.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, priest17 said:

In The Pines released an album a couple of days ago and its pretty sweet, modern psychedelia type stuff.

Here's a video of them playing album opener with all their t-shirts tucked in (it's not the best on there but a decent starting point)

Just getting around to catching up on the album releases in the first couple of weeks of the year; this is great stuff. 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Picked up a load of new tunes the last few days, so rather than spam the thread I've lumped them all in here.

This one'll be a bit polarising, but it's for Tonic Music mental health charity so I'm posting it anyway 😛

looking forward to that Kiwi Jnr album on Friday. 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:09 AM, priest17 said:

I actually kinda like the goofy Halloween aesthetic in this, works as a fun little release for me. With their band name I was expecting them to come back with a bang though as they'll have more eyes on them than usual

I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  It's one of those cover versions that's different enough to be interesting without completely massacring it. Not going down as a classic interpretation but yeah, good to listen to.

• Like 1

Didn't think much of that new Royal Blood song, or the one before it really, still cautiously optimistic about the album though and looking to give it a good go.

This though I love, latest single from yer man from Kagoule, dead chilled little toe tapper, looking forward to the album in March

The Camp Trash EP is out tomorrow. Kind of Lemonheadsy grunge-tinged slacker pop. Complements the Kiwi Jr album well. Lande Hekt from Muncie Girls also has a solo album out (and for some self-promoting spam, I’ve written about all of these on Spectral Nights) and the latest EP from Those Fucking Snowflakes.

Looking forward to Arlo Parks and Julien Baker in the next few weeks.