2021 New Music

dentalplan

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice one Q, they are great live.

That KEXP channel has lots of the good stuff on. In fact their 'Top Voted Videos of All Time' appears to have been hijacked by eFests:

TOP VOTED VIDEOS OF ALL TIME - YouTube - www.youtube.com.png

Nah, no Phoebe Bridgers on there 😄

I was supposed to see these support someone last February but couldn't be bothered coz it was Monday and I'd been to a lot of gigs around it, oh the arrogance of February '19. If this song had been out then maybe I'd have made the effort, they've been listening to lots of Squid

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice one Q, they are great live.

That KEXP channel has lots of the good stuff on. In fact their 'Top Voted Videos of All Time' appears to have been hijacked by eFests:

TOP VOTED VIDEOS OF ALL TIME - YouTube - www.youtube.com.png

The Twilight Sad performance on there is so good. KEXP and NPR are my go-to music performance sites.

Still wish BBC Two or Channel Four would do similar band showcases.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Think I ended up giving their last album the top spot on my 2020 list (even with the whole year and nothing to do I still left it till the last 10 minutes) anyway this is off their next album (Feb 12th) and still very good. 

I listened to all three minutes 42 seconds of this and there wasn’t a single trumpet. Very disappointing. 

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

More loveliness from Wand front man's new solo effort

Really liked this, very warm feeling to it.

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

New single from Sarah Mary Chadwick, “Full Moon. I’d not heard of her before so don’t know much about her...

This is a very lo-fi and sparse piano ballad. I found it really captivating and emotional. 

New album out 5 February. Full Moon is the third single that’s been released so far. 

This made my headphones crackle at what I didn't think was that loud a volume. Seemed ok when I turned it down a bit. Not sure if the issue is my headphones or the recording of this song, but never noticed any issues before.

28 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Really liked this, very warm feeling to it.

This made my headphones crackle at what I didn't think was that loud a volume. Seemed ok when I turned it down a bit. Not sure if the issue is my headphones or the recording of this song, but never noticed any issues before.

There is a crackling noise that you can hear at a higher volume I agree but I think that might be an intentional stylistic choice rather than a mixing issue. Seems to accompany the piano chords. Not sure though!