The worlds gone mad.. Ban all Xmas songs

guypjfreak

On 11/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

You can't trust people @bamber

It's a dirge. 

Mariah Carey's Christmas song is objectively not a dirge. You might think it's shit, but it's not a dirge, that has a specific musical meaning.

The Moonlight Sonata could justifiably be called a dirge, as could a few wonderful Radiohead songs. All I Want For Christmas is not.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Mariah Carey's Christmas song is objectively not a dirge. You might think it's shit, but it's not a dirge, that has a specific musical meaning.

The Moonlight Sonata could justifiably be called a dirge, as could a few wonderful Radiohead songs. All I Want For Christmas is not.

"a song or piece of music that is considered too slow, miserable, or boring."

Despite its fast pace it satisfies 2/3 of those descriptors so I'm sticking with dirge.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think a hurt heal game, needs a hurt heal thread. Tremendously annoying if you're trying to play and everyone is chatting - and vice versa.

Hey stu old son I agree and on it.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When my kids were younger, we were in a soft play area with them and that song was stuck on repeat for about two hours. No matter how much Mariah sang about what she wanted for Christmas ..... I just wasn’t feeling it 🎄

I've got a bit of a crisis going on. I'm afraid that it's one of those moments when a person (me) has no other option (at all) than to come out with the meaningless statement 'This is going to hurt me more than it does you'. However, that is the territory in which I currently feel that I reside, so somehow have to get through it and on to the other side. Don't bother wishing me luck, as you'll need all that for yourselves :

On 12/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

4433C5DE-886E-4C0F-B204-B21005998CD3.thumb.jpeg.77ea85531de6eb231c6b687b50bcbc54.jpeg

I love seeing Darren Day referenced because it reminds me of 2 things:

1. 'David's Dead'

2. when Darren was living with girlfriend Anna Friel the house phone would ring, and on the other end of the line was Robbie Williams pretending to be from the local video shop, trying to talk to Anna under the pretense of there being late fees. Robbie wooed her in the end.