U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

Not quite sure it matters who the president is when there’s a big scientific breakthrough..? It’s kinda irrelevant.

It actually does in this case.

If the US hadn't fucked up the virus response so badly, these trials would still be months from gathering enough data to report.

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It's perhaps not what it seems. While you may find it batshit crazy (and I might agree) it's really not aimed at you/us, it's aimed at pacifying red-neck America and softening them up for the new regime - 'dont worry it'll all a bit scary but here's some nice reassuring pictures and we are still best at everything'.

The give away line is "No matter what happens next, no matter who becomes President"

Murdoch is weaving his magic, the new normal is coming in to play.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Gonna be a second civil war over there soon.... The old bill and mostly everybody else is after trumps arse the day he leaves the white house lol 

Hey, as long as my state can leave the union, let all those dumb people kill each other. They dont realize how much they rely on California just yet. And there havent been insane lines at gun stores like there were in May/June

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, incident said:

It actually does in this case.

If the US hadn't fucked up the virus response so badly, these trials would still be months from gathering enough data to report.

I pretty much said this in response to an Ivanka tweet.  Guess what - no response.

BTW I note that Trump only follows 50 others, says it all really.

28 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Hey, as long as my state can leave the union, let all those dumb people kill each other. They dont realize how much they rely on California just yet. And there havent been insane lines at gun stores like there were in May/June

It's horrible to see how much anger each side has for the other.... Stay safe out there.. 

Not that there was ever any doubt but looks like most of/all of Trump’s lawsuits are dead in the water already. I await the next round of denial and batshittery that he comes up with.

Apparently he also floated the idea of starting a war with Iran last week as well, but that’s just small news when it comes to him.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

So, what do you think is Trump's thinking on not conceding. So he will keep his base with him for financial and/or political means? Because he just can't do it because of his narcissim? To somehow help the Republicans? He really thinks he actually did win the election?

I’m really not too sure now. I thought initially it was to keep his supporters riled up for the run offs and to start his campaign for 2024, but it seems the longer this goes the more it’s starting to damage him. I really think a huge kart of it is not accepting the L.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

an last week as well, but that’s just small news when it comes to him.

I've got a mate who's in the UK army but knows a few US soldiers and apparently they like having Trump as president because he's full of empty posturing and has little concern of human rights so he's not likely to send troops over when he's having a dispute with other nations as he'll tweet bollocks and international problems which require intervention aren't even on his radar to deal with. 

Maybe the way to stop war around the world is to make sure an ignorant coward is in charge 😜

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

So, what do you think is Trump's thinking on not conceding. So he will keep his base with him for financial and/or political means? Because he just can't do it because of his narcissim? To somehow help the Republicans? He really thinks he actually did win the election?

Conceding is admitting to losing and that’s something Trump has never and will never do, or if he does, it’ll come with the caveat of ‘if I did lose its only because they rigged the election.’ 

And also, Republicans REALLY tried to rig this election and they still got pulverised so I’m sure in a lot of people’s minds the Democrats must’ve rigged it themselves to win, and not, y’know, because Trump is widely hated and the party is a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think Trump really cares about the Republican Party, they are just a means to an end for him. He’ll keep this going for years and try to run again in 2024. 

IF he manages to stay out of prison and actually tries to run in ‘24 it’ll be interesting to see if Republicans will back him again or if they’ll do all they can do to distance themselves from him come January 20.

After all, surely if he runs again the same voters that kept him from winning this year will be back in force to keep him out of office again, regardless of who he’s up against. Nothing’s gonna change in people’s dislike of him in the next four years; the Republicans might as well hand the Democrats the election. It’d take Biden fucking things up to an insane level to make Trump seem like a good idea again.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think Trump really cares about the Republican Party, they are just a means to an end for him. He’ll keep this going for years and try to run again in 2024. 

Trump isn’t going to be running in 4 years. The amount of drugs they have been giving him so he can make speeches are already severely taking their toll. 

His mental state is already deteriorating rapidly and he is clearly showing showing showing the early signs of dementia. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IF he manages to stay out of prison and actually tries to run in ‘24 it’ll be interesting to see if Republicans will back him again or if they’ll do all they can do to distance themselves from him come January 20.

After all, surely if he runs again the same voters that kept him from winning this year will be back in force to keep him out of office again, regardless of who he’s up against. Nothing’s gonna change in people’s dislike of him in the next four years; the Republicans might as well hand the Democrats the election. It’d take Biden fucking things up to an insane level to make Trump seem like a good idea again.

Trump could hold the Rep party hostage essentially, he has 70m votes in the bank. He just has to stay around and in theory could walk the primaries. It would kill a generation of hopeful would-be runners on the Rep side. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Trump could hold the Rep party hostage essentially, he has 70m votes in the bank. He just has to stay around and in theory could walk the primaries. It would kill a generation of hopeful would-be runners on the Rep side. 

As unlikely as it is then I really hope he runs again. He doesn’t have a chance of winning imo so would be funny to see him absolutely pummelled again.

But yeah, if prison doesn’t keep him out of it then his health surely will so probably not something I should look forward to too much. 

10 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It's perhaps not what it seems. While you may find it batshit crazy (and I might agree) it's really not aimed at you/us, it's aimed at pacifying red-neck America and softening them up for the new regime - 'dont worry it'll all a bit scary but here's some nice reassuring pictures and we are still best at everything'.

The give away line is "No matter what happens next, no matter who becomes President"

Murdoch is weaving his magic, the new normal is coming in to play.

That for me is what is bat shit crazy though. That anyone could see this regime change as being worse and the language etc used shows me that the scarier thing is definitely pandering to those racist xenophobes on mainstream television. I also find nationalistic displays of aren't we the best appalling. I think if you are going to take credit for the things your country does well you have to own what they do badly as well. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As unlikely as it is then I really hope he runs again. He doesn’t have a chance of winning imo so would be funny to see him absolutely pummelled again.

But yeah, if prison doesn’t keep him out of it then his health surely will so probably not something I should look forward to too much. 

I suspect Trump will die of a 'heart attack' shortly after leaving office and conspiracy theorists the world over will spend the rest of eternity wondering who killed him and the truth is it could be anyone. I don't think the American Government will want to see an ex-president being tried for multiple crime etc. They will want him to disappear quietly and that isn't in his nature. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect Trump will die of a 'heart attack' shortly after leaving office and conspiracy theorists the world over will spend the rest of eternity wondering who killed him and the truth is it could be anyone. I don't think the American Government will want to see an ex-president being tried for multiple crime etc. They will want him to disappear quietly and that isn't in his nature. 

I think there's a pretty good chance that a 74 year old clinically obese covid survivor who lives almost entirely on burgers and diet coke will die of a heart attack rather than a 'heart attack'

22 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I think there's a pretty good chance that a 74 year old clinically obese covid survivor who lives almost entirely on burgers and diet coke will die of a heart attack rather than a 'heart attack'

Yes there is but however it happens there will be speculation and either it being real or made to look like one would be equally believable. I just think anyone who is hoping that Trump will be held accountable will be disappointed because it won't be in American interests either Republican or Democrat to show how corruptible their highest office is.