U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I’m getting shocked more and more as this goes on how cult like MAGA is becoming.

American education is also pretty cultish.

From a young age kids have to recite the pledge of allegiance in front of a flag every morning at school. 

They are indoctrinated into believing that their country is the most free place on the planet and to obey everything someone senior says to them. 

Having any form of individual thinking means you’re “liberal” and the idea of anything free to all is basically a path towards communism. 

I’m not even going to touch on the religion/gun worship. 

It’s a very strange country. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The replies are amazing. He is definitely suffering from some form of delusion. 

Don’t they have the equivalent of the mental health act over there?

279C2981-5BB6-4710-915E-7D752506D658.png.a3d6682d78b838893ba15e86af3f6276.png

This guy has fallen up his entire life and managed to bullshit his way out of anything. This is probably the first time he’s not been able to do that so he’s losing his mind and just throwing shit at the wall. Admitting to being a loser must be the worst thing in the world to him.

Trump his entire life has lead in a certain way where he makes a demand and then people around him make it happen.

He’s used to calling whatever he wants and will eventually find someone who will help him get his way. Usually because he pays them. If they can’t do it for him they are fired.

He’s still banking on somehow getting his way. Someone swooping in and finding the key evidence. If he continues to apply the pressure someone might find him right. If no one proves his assertion right then he adopts the “well if you can’t prove me wrong, I’m right” approach for the rest of his life.

It’s how flat earthers work. If you can’t disprove the earth is flat, then what I’m saying is true.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If no one proves his assertion right then he adopts the “well if you can’t prove me wrong, I’m right” approach for the rest of his life.

Hopefully someone will make him a “I am the president” badge and give him a fake phone to tweet from while he’s sat in his padded cell. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Links back nicely to @squirrelarmy’s post. 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

American education is also pretty cultish.

From a young age kids have to recite the pledge of allegiance in front of a flag every morning at school. 

They are indoctrinated into believing that their country is the most free place on the planet and to obey everything someone senior says to them. 

Having any form of individual thinking means you’re “liberal” and the idea of anything free to all is basically a path towards communism. 

I’m not even going to touch on the religion/gun worship. 

It’s a very strange country. 

45 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hopefully someone will make him a “I am the president” badge and give him a fake phone to tweet from while he’s sat in his padded cell. 

That's pretty much what happened with Fred Trump.  He had severe dementia and still came into the office every day to "work", but it was like a toddler banging on a computer keyboard.  They gave him a fake phone so he could still pretend to shout at suppliers and make deals.  He was a prick as well.

33 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It gets steadily more and more unhinged as it goes on.  Starts with talking about the nice countryside.  Then says that Americans are nice.  I nodded along.

Then he says that there's nowhere you rather get lost in - I think about guns and expensive healthcare.  Then randomly says how people like incremental change, followed by how great it is they still use the ridiculous imperial system.  Then some other shit about not eating dogs and having Christmas.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

It gets steadily more and more unhinged as it goes on.  Starts with talking about the nice countryside.  Then says that Americans are nice.  I nodded along.

Then he says that there's nowhere you rather get lost in - I think about guns and expensive healthcare.  Then randomly says how people like incremental change, followed by how great it is they still use the ridiculous imperial system.  Then some other shit about not eating dogs and having Christmas.

I know you have to pick your mouth off the floor by the end that this is broadcast on a mainstream news channel. 

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Pretty soon only 0.000000304692261% of Americans will think he is still president. 

I imagine some will continue to think he's president after January...and he'll do lots of twitter, some tv and other media...and will probably still do his rallies. For some he is a total hero, the messiah...it's so ridiculous because he just says fuck all except make america great again and slagging off other people.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Not quite sure it matters who the president is when there’s a big scientific breakthrough..? It’s kinda irrelevant.

Because his whole campaign is based on manipulating his base into thinking he’s the supreme. It’s some North Korean style tactics. Like when North Korea started serving Hamburgers, the party didn’t just introduce them into the culture, but created a story that the leader actually invented them.

Trump has utter contempt for his supporters. He banks on them being stupid.