U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Jesus!! 😞

So turns out all of the panic over how Trump supporters would react wasn’t unfounded at all - they just decided to wait until the orange dipshit had well and truly lost in their eyes before the real shit hit the fan.

Really hope this is mostly internet tough talk and doesn’t lead to something much much worse, but as Wednesday proved, they’re more than willing to kill to make their mark.

Edited by FloorFiller

So this occured to me, and I don't know enough about how the process works over there -

With all these cretins using "The President told me to do it" as a defence, does that create the possibility that Trump could be called to testify at their criminal trials?

And if so, are they any consequences if he refuses?

1 hour ago, incident said:

So this occured to me, and I don't know enough about how the process works over there -

With all these cretins using "The President told me to do it" as a defence, does that create the possibility that Trump could be called to testify at their criminal trials?

And if so, are they any consequences if he refuses?

Yes, he can be subpoenaed. It just gets sticky after that. The issue with the last trial was that no witnesses were allowed and it just killed a lot of things coming to light. I doubt this ends up being that big of a problem. But there are plenty of others to call upon and prove the point. And having so much video evidence anyway favors the dems. And having Rudy Guiliani spew his nonsense to Chief Justice John Roberts is going to be incredible. He will try really hard to not roll his eyes at what will be said.  Also if Kamala can question orange face since she is still a senator and use her prosecutor skills on him, he will easily make himself guilty. 

What we have to look at right now is if enough gop senators stick with a conviction or not. A 2/3 majority vote is needed to wrap it up. I think Mcconnel is gonna have to weigh the consequences if he doesnt go along with this on this occasion. And theyre still wanting to have a candidate for 2024 which is just insane.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yes, he can be subpoenaed. It just gets sticky after that. The issue with the last trial was that no witnesses were allowed and it just killed a lot of things coming to light. I doubt this ends up being that big of a problem. But there are plenty of others to call upon and prove the point. And having so much video evidence anyway favors the dems. And having Rudy Guiliani spew his nonsense to Chief Justice John Roberts is going to be incredible. He will try really hard to not roll his eyes at what will be said.  Also if Kamala can question orange face since she is still a senator and use her prosecutor skills on him, he will easily make himself guilty. 

What we have to look at right now is if enough gop senators stick with a conviction or not. A 2/3 majority vote is needed to wrap it up. I think Mcconnel is gonna have to weigh the consequences if he doesnt go along with this on this occasion. And theyre still wanting to have a candidate for 2024 which is just insane.

Sorry - I was thinking more along the lines of what would happen at the inevitable criminal trials of the domestic terrorists rather than the Senate trial of Trump.

"One of the Capitol police officers took a selfie with someone who was part of the mob that overtook the Capitol and the other wore a 'Make America Great Again' hat and started directing people around the building, according to Rep. Tim Ryan, an Ohio Democrat. He didn't disclose how many other officers were under investigation but confirmed it was between 10 and 15, and didn't say what they were being scrutinized for except that it was their behavior during the riot." — CNN

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just saw the footage of Biden getting his jab. For someone who’s the but of so many old jokes, he was looking like the coolest bloke alive there.

There's definitely a subset of the internet that are promoting the lie that Biden is a doddery senile old duffer, to the point that reasonable people I know believe it, because they only see the compilation of clips when he stutters (and he has suffered from stuttering his whole life) or when he gets a name wrong.

I know that many have called for someone younger, and there's definitely some ageism at work there. Age should be irrelevant, as long as he is fit enough for the stresses of the job. And the experience and wisdom that comes from a long career is something we should celebrate.

And that goes for Trump too - For everything wrong with him, I wouldn't hold his age against him.

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

There's definitely a subset of the internet that are promoting the lie that Biden is a doddery senile old duffer, to the point that reasonable people I know believe it, because they only see the compilation of clips when he stutters (and he has suffered from stuttering his whole life) or when he gets a name wrong.

I know that many have called for someone younger, and there's definitely some ageism at work there. Age should be irrelevant, as long as he is fit enough for the stresses of the job. And the experience and wisdom that comes from a long career is something we should celebrate.

And that goes for Trump too - For everything wrong with him, I wouldn't hold his age against him.

That people honestly believe that Trump is a better/younger candidate because he paints himself up and dyes his hair and raves like a lunatic vs. Biden ageing gracefully and having overcome a stutter is hilarious. If either of those two are falling in to dementia at this point, it’s clearly Trump, not Biden.

It seems to be a widely held belief that Biden will only serve one term, but by the end of that term it’s a certainty that he’ll be in better form than Trump will, who is apparently planning a ‘24 run. I struggle to believe Trump will make it to ‘28.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well be doing well if we dont see these bastards trying something on with Iran in the next week.

Baffling system where someone remains in office for two months after being voted out 

The election process goes back to a time where votes had to be delivered via horse and cart. 

Why update the laws to suit the modern world. 🤷‍♂️