Football 2020/2021

zahidf

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Mind boggling that Paul Merson has stayed whilst they've gotten rid of the other 3. Not to say they were any better mind.

Balls. I thought he'd gone too, are they keeping him for comedy value?

Anyway.... Pogba tested positive for Covid-19

9 hours ago, lost said:

I guess Chris Kamara is still there. Absolute legend, he lives near me so I spot him in the pub sometimes.

I was on a date with a lass a few years ago and he was sat on the next table. She didn’t have a clue who he was. 

She didn’t get a second date. 

It’s about time Kammy got a promotion to a cosy spot in the studio. 

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was on a date with a lass a few years ago and he was sat on the next table. She didn’t have a clue who he was. 

She didn’t get a second date. 

It’s about time Kammy got a promotion to a cosy spot in the studio. 

I think Kamara works better at the ground than in the studio. Short bursts of excitement rather than having him scream “unbelievable” in the background every 8 seconds.

Leeds have spent more money on players today than the entire club was worth about 10 years ago!

Rodrigo - apparently very good but stats don't suggest the most prolific of strikers so jury's out.

Robin Koch - who i'd never heard of until a week ago but he's in the German national team who don't do to bad at producing centre backs so naturally I now believe he's mustard.

Anyone else able to shed light on these two?

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I would make no judgement from a game I consider a glorified friendly. I can't remember a single thing that has ever happened in a community shield final.

Its only a glorified friendly in the eyes of the fans. The players take it seriously.

18 hours ago, eastynh said:

Its only a glorified friendly in the eyes of the fans. The players take it seriously.

Depends what you mean by 'seriously'. It's very definitely not a win-at-all-costs game. 

Most managers treat it as another pre-season friendly, an opportunity for players to build up their match-fitness.

If they win, some managers and fans reckon they've won a trophy. :lol: 

Palace bringing in Connor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. Looking forward to watching his development in the Prem. Will be a test for the lad after a good year in the Championship with Charlton and Swansea. That new lad Eze from QPR looks alright too. They've definitely added some extra creativity in the window and if they can keep Zaha I think they will be a pretty good watch this season...

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Depends what you mean by 'seriously'. It's very definitely not a win-at-all-costs game. 

Most managers treat it as another pre-season friendly, an opportunity for players to build up their match-fitness.

If they win, some managers and fans reckon they've won a trophy. :lol: 

City take it seriously. They try to win every competition they play in.

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

Palace bringing in Connor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. Looking forward to watching his development in the Prem. Will be a test for the lad after a good year in the Championship with Charlton and Swansea. That new lad Eze from QPR looks alright too. They've definitely added some extra creativity in the window and if they can keep Zaha I think they will be a pretty good watch this season...

If you like that kind of watch then Tom Daley should be on your TV planner