Football 2020/2021

zahidf

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I've changed my mind numerous times on this and still can't decide if it's just the ultimate power play to get rid of Bartomeu or not. Think i'm leaning towards it being genuine though. He makes no secret of the fact he wants to with the CL again and even with (much needed) changes to the way the club is run, he may not be around to see the benefits of it. Probably feels like he needs to move to a club who are likely to give him the CL. 

Financially I can only see 4 or 5 clubs who could afford him, with City and PSG being the most likely. United could but won't be delivering CL any time soon. Chelsea possibly? and Juve, but that'll never happen because of CR7 (though IMAGINE them in the same team!)

Of course there is the possibility he wants to just go home, in which case he could end up deciding money isn't an important factor and sign for Newells Old Boys.

In summary: Fuck knows.

Only one that makes sense would be PSG, although him staying is favourite to happen. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

I'm sure it doesn't need any clarification..

So you actually want teams to go through financial meltdown and risk of them no longer existing?

At that point it’s not banter as it’s the fans that go through the pain. What’s happened to Wigan and Leeds in the past is incredibly tough to go through especially when it’s not the fault of the players or the fans but corrupt club owners. It can happen to any club regardless of their size. 

Football is supposed to be about sport and not wanting people to lose their livelihoods. 

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

So you actually want teams to go through financial meltdown and risk of them no longer existing?

At that point it’s not banter as it’s the fans that go through the pain. What’s happened to Wigan and Leeds in the past is incredibly tough to go through especially when it’s not the fault of the players or the fans but corrupt club owners. It can happen to any club regardless of their size. 

Football is supposed to be about sport and not wanting people to lose their livelihoods. 

Lighten up, geesh. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can everyone stop speaking in Tweets please?

I like it, I read very little about other clubs apart from on here, the embedded tweets give an insight into what's going on away from Liverpool and If I want to read more I just click on the tweet.

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

You're ok this time as FFP will save you.

Have heard a few people suggest that sky will replace them with black people not because of talent, but to increase diversity. My reply would be to question if the likes of Shearer and Lineker would have the same positions with equal achievements, the same personality, but different colour skin, I doubt it.

There is no doubt in my mind that black ex players have been discriminated against for these big broadcasting roles for years, I have no doubt that there are plenty who could do a great job based on their talent, not just positive discrimination.