Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2021


The_Preach
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Is this maybe the "Push" Rock Werchter needed to make it a 5-day (4.5) festival with the wednesday being a half-day experience like P!NK in 2019?

Kendrick has nothing to do with this. It needs a lot of lobbying to get him on the friday, if that day was't already booked with other headliners, i don't expect him on saturday. Where was he originally playing the friday of RW2020? Ireland? 

 

Wasn't he playing: 

- Wednesday Open'er

- Thursday Roskilde

- Friday Latitude

- Saturday RW

- Sunday BST

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Kendrick has nothing to do with this. It needs a lot of lobbying to get him on the friday, if that day was't already booked with other headliners, i don't expect him on saturday. Where was he originally playing the friday of RW2020? Ireland? 

 

Wasn't he playing: 

- Wednesday Open'er

- Thursday Roskilde

- Friday Latitude

- Saturday RW

- Sunday BST

Hmm I can imagine it is a bit too late to re-book him, although RW stated they'll do their best to keep most of the 2020 lineup. Personally I would rather have The strokes then Kendrick since it is more "Unique" so I can imagine RW thinks the same. Might be that Kendrick's 2021 tour won't pas RW but goes to Mad Cool instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Kendrick has nothing to do with this. It needs a lot of lobbying to get him on the friday, if that day was't already booked with other headliners, i don't expect him on saturday. Where was he originally playing the friday of RW2020? Ireland? 

 

Wasn't he playing: 

- Wednesday Open'er

- Thursday Roskilde

- Friday Latitude

- Saturday RW

- Sunday BST

couple of co-ordinates off, 

Longitude Festival, Dublin :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Hmm I can imagine it is a bit too late to re-book him, although RW stated they'll do their best to keep most of the 2020 lineup. Personally I would rather have The strokes then Kendrick since it is more "Unique" so I can imagine RW thinks the same. Might be that Kendrick's 2021 tour won't pas RW but goes to Mad Cool instead.

I don't think Kendrick will ever play Mad Cool... 

They'll will do everything they can to give Kendrick the right spot. But for the moment, i don't know how they'll do it. They went on to program their festival without Kendrick and SOAD. TOP will not play lower, that is a downgrade for them and they will not accept that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brightside23 said:

Maybe TOP could "co-head" with PJ or RHCP? Or maybe Kendrick could, if available? 

No, really, TOP are not going to change their date. That is not how it works. If they announce a date for a headliner, they are not going to change it. It happened one time before, Volbeat in 2013. That was because of the cancellation of a certain band, and Volbeat was ok with it. They are a far more easy going management. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't expect this news about Kendrick anymore, but I'm preparing myself already for a huge disappointment. They booked Gorillaz as replacement (which is in my opinion no worthy replacement (although I love them) as it is another repetition and because their prime is already more than 10 years behind us). Maybe behind RHCP? Royal Blood is not worth it to be a co-headliner, so there should be a possibility for an extra name on that day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Didn't expect this news about Kendrick anymore, but I'm preparing myself already for a huge disappointment. They booked Gorillaz as replacement (which is in my opinion no worthy replacement (although I love them) as it is another repetition and because their prime is already more than 10 years behind us). Maybe behind RHCP? Royal Blood is not worth it to be a co-headliner, so there should be a possibility for an extra name on that day. 

Greta van Fleet were also not worth it....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, he can show up any day RW can squeeze him just to satisfy the audience. It would just mean to me more hours of sleep in my tent :) 

But as @Ken19stated above, TOP won't accept downgraded slot so Kendrick is rather out of Saturday poster. He could close Friday or Sunday but that needs negotiations with other festivals 

The question that is bothering me is about Faith No More. They play Amsterdam on Sunday, will they be back on Saturday bill ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really crazy news... Kendrick's the only show from the Rock In Roma bill (the week after Rock Werchter and Open'er) that has been canceled instead of being rescheduled for 2021, causing a sort of shitstorm on the festival page (due to the Italian Governament's politics about refunds and covid).

It would be crazy if they re-announce him now. Let's see.

Edited by gigi21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Excellent news! Can't see RW NOT booking Kendrick now.

This could save the festival for me. Gorillaz were never a good replacement for Kenny in the first place. 

Hope for all Kendrick fans that he'll be at RW 2021, but don't think it's a done deal. They've spent part of the budget on other artists, has to fit his schedule and the RW schedule. He's not just there waiting for RW to pick him off the shelf and dust him off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Hope for all Kendrick fans that he'll be at RW 2021, but don't think it's a done deal. They've spent part of the budget on other artists, has to fit his schedule and the RW schedule. He's not just there waiting for RW to pick him off the shelf and dust him off.

Budget is not the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EV123 said:

Didn't expect this news about Kendrick anymore, but I'm preparing myself already for a huge disappointment. They booked Gorillaz as replacement (which is in my opinion no worthy replacement (although I love them) as it is another repetition and because their prime is already more than 10 years behind us). Maybe behind RHCP? Royal Blood is not worth it to be a co-headliner, so there should be a possibility for an extra name on that day. 

For me that day only the Placebo is missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...