Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

The thing is we are not talking about a little independent venue or festival here, who I would be willing to help out if I could. We're talking about LiveNation/Ticketmaster an enormous multi national. We're also not talking about a £50 ticket. We are talking of large sums of money (especially when you add food/drinks vouchers) which maybe someone bought last year before COVID and have consequently been made redundant. Those people probably have more need of the money in the short term. 

4 hours ago, misterplow said:

Not feeling the lineup yet as well, so I'm a bit frustrated about this all. I'm indifferent about Pearl Jam (they're good, but seen them a lot) and Red Hot Chili Peppers are godawful. Gorillaz are nice, but not a good replacement for Kendrick at all.

Only The Strokes are a reason to keep my tickets (considering they'll announce them later). 

How big are the odds of Kendrick and SOAD returning next year? 

Think the odds of Kendrick and SOAD returning next year are close to zero unfortunately. Really hoping The Strokes are announced sooner rather than later though as they’re the decider for whether I keep my ticket for next year or not 

45 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Think the odds of Kendrick and SOAD returning next year are close to zero unfortunately. Really hoping The Strokes are announced sooner rather than later though as they’re the decider for whether I keep my ticket for next year or not 

Oh sorry, but I meant 2022, my mistake. (How sad it is to consider that year as ‘next year’, I’m done with 2020)

I think SOAD and Kenny are pretty nailed on for that year aren’t they? Because that would be interesting for the voucher thing. 

3 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Oh sorry, but I meant 2022, my mistake. (How sad it is to consider that year as ‘next year’, I’m done with 2020)

I think SOAD and Kenny are pretty nailed on for that year aren’t they? Because that would be interesting for the voucher thing. 

Yeah pretty sure they’re both very likely for 2022

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maesydderwen said:

The thing is we are not talking about a little independent venue or festival here, who I would be willing to help out if I could. We're talking about LiveNation/Ticketmaster an enormous multi national. We're also not talking about a £50 ticket. We are talking of large sums of money (especially when you add food/drinks vouchers) which maybe someone bought last year before COVID and have consequently been made redundant. Those people probably have more need of the money in the short term. 

In Belgium, Live Nation and RW are sort of a godfather. Yes, they don’t need the money. But they help the festivals, venues who are needing it. It aren’t easy times for Pukkelpop, Cactus... and all the freelancers, partners...

They act really independent from the American bosses. 

Yes, normally are RW and Live Nation Belgium a money machine. But without their help some festivals have to stop and partners/freelancers going broke. 

But I understand your opinion, and can not say that you are wrong. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

In Belgium, Live Nation and RW are sort of a godfather. Yes, they don’t need the money. But they help the festivals, venues who are needing it. It aren’t easy times for Pukkelpop, Cactus... and all the freelancers, partners...

They act really independent from the American bosses. 

Yes, normally are RW and Live Nation Belgium a money machine. But without their help some festivals have to stop and partners/freelancers going broke. 

But I understand your opinion, and can not say that you are wrong. 

Yes I appreciate what you're saying Ken. The reality is there are no winners in this situation even multi nationals need money to keep employees and they help support a network of others. 

Let's just hope there is a festival season next year. We could all do with it. 

2 hours ago, activean said:

Good to see lineup news and all that but i can't be the only one worrying about festival season next year ? 

i need some good news guys, this media bombing and everything canceled this year is killing me. 

When big bands like Pearl Jam are announcing a tour for next year, that means that they have serious indications it will be allright. Planning a tour costs a lot of money. They don’t start that with serious guarantees. 

• Upvote 2

@Ken19 can you shine a light on this article: https://newsmonkey.be/tickets-rock-werchter-graspop-2020-geldig-in-2021-2022/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialmedia&utm_medium=social&utm_content=PostContent

It states that if you don't want to go to RW 2021 or 2022 you can ask for a refund, but you'll probably have to wait until after 2022 to be refunded. Is this a general refund option, without the conditions stated like getting married? Or is this the option mentioned in the mail?

12 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Holy hell, he's coming to Europe... Ken, do you have any news? I can't imagine him being in Poland and RW NOT having him. Or is he a possibilty for Boutique?

check his website. Not sure if that's still 2020 info though 

Edited by Judithmt
typo

Just now, Judithmt said:

check his website. Not sure if that's stil 2020 info though 

It's for 2021, confirmed on the Open'er website.

Well, this kind of info makes me think we might really have the vaccin before June 2021...! so many artists might announce something before end of September. Wait and see.. ^^

2 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

It's for 2021, confirmed on the Open'er website.

Well, this kind of info makes me think we might really have the vaccin before June 2021...! so many artists might announce something before end of September. Wait and see.. ^^

Was referring to his website that has a RW date on 3 July. But as Visdave was stating probably old Band In Town's feed... or maybe not seeing Degu's remark. Just have to wait and see.

Edited by Judithmt

5 minutes ago, Degu said:

No. Different day. Saturday with gorillaz and 21 pilots 

image.thumb.png.18480d761608ce404a65cac479269571.png

I know, but the 2020 RW event on bandsintown is rescheduled with the new dates in 2021 there (including artists). And if artists have a feed from bandsintown on their own website (like Kendrick) it will now show the 2021 date. 

Although, that's what I make of it.

Edited by visdave34

1 hour ago, Judithmt said:

@Ken19 can you shine a light on this article: https://newsmonkey.be/tickets-rock-werchter-graspop-2020-geldig-in-2021-2022/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialmedia&utm_medium=social&utm_content=PostContent

It states that if you don't want to go to RW 2021 or 2022 you can ask for a refund, but you'll probably have to wait until after 2022 to be refunded. Is this a general refund option, without the conditions stated like getting married? Or is this the option mentioned in the mail?

It is with the conditions i assume...

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Holy hell, he's coming to Europe... Ken, do you have any news? I can't imagine him being in Poland and RW NOT having him. Or is he a possibilty for Boutique?

Serious plot twist Indeed. You all know that he had no plans to come back in 2021. Also confirmed by Woo Hah. 

Werchter anticipated and with Gorillaz they have a decent other headliner that day. 

To be honest, with the latest info that I have, I don’t know where he will fit in... It seems that he will play the same dates as last year. And TOP - Gorillaz - Kendrick is too strong en very expensive. But I want to be surprised too.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Serious plot twist Indeed. You all know that he had no plans to come back in 2021. Also confirmed by Woo Hah. 

Werchter anticipated and with Gorillaz they have a decent other headliner that day. 

To be honest, with the latest info that I have, I don’t know where he will fit in... It seems that he will play the same dates as last year. And TOP - Gorillaz - Kendrick is too strong en very expensive. But I want to be surprised too.

Is this maybe the "Push" Rock Werchter needed to make it a 5-day (4.5) festival with the wednesday being a half-day experience like P!NK in 2019?