How do you feel?

Matt42

3 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Cheers guys. I was having a particularly off day yesterday. I find weekends the worst at the moment because of all the restrictions. I blew up last night over pasta that would not boil quick enough. My fuse seems to be getting shorter and shorter over the smallest things. 

It’s normal honest ... I got upset over Liverpool losing the other night ... it just tipped me over the edge after a crap day ... something that you might just shake your head at in normal times can hit you with the heightened emotions at the mo 

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Cheers guys. I was having a particularly off day yesterday. I find weekends the worst at the moment because of all the restrictions. I blew up last night over pasta that would not boil quick enough. My fuse seems to be getting shorter and shorter over the smallest things. 

I've done the same (not blow up over your pasta), I found at the beginning of the first lockdown things would get to me as well. As Quark has said, speak to your GP they will be ideally placed to advise and equally I find it's just good to talk to a professional. I have experience of mental health conditions so if you need to talk please drop me a message.

Does anyone else feel guilty for feeling down? I have had a particularly rough week as I found out I failed my final exam on Thursday and then today been told I will not be promoted as hoped in the summer (not related). These in the grand scheme of things are obviously very trivial compared to others' struggles during the pandemic (I still have a job in the first place and the exam is not mandatory for said job, but instead would boost other job prospects) so I find myself feeling guilty about being annoyed/sad.

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Does anyone else feel guilty for feeling down? I have had a particularly rough week as I found out I failed my final exam on Thursday and then today been told I will not be promoted as hoped in the summer (not related). These in the grand scheme of things are obviously very trivial compared to others' struggles during the pandemic (I still have a job in the first place and the exam is not mandatory for said job, but instead would boost other job prospects) so I find myself feeling guilty about being annoyed/sad.

emotions are heightened , no reason that you should feel guilty but I understand the reasons why ....  life still happens in some form around the pandemic so if something is disappointing in normal times there is no reason why it shouldn't be the same or worse during these times ... 

• Upvote 1

Only drink on Sats and Suns usually, but was temped this morning to get on this afternoon. Luckily, by the time the afternoon arrived I'd sobered up enough to realise it was a crap idea. Still bored though - and lockdown has given me a bit of an insight into how some people can become alcoholic! Luckily I don't have the commitment required.

Sorry to read how bad others are feeling...

I've had a low few weeks, the lockdown, bleak look of the coming months, pressures at work, issues at home and health all got on top of me. I'm far from clear of it, but I'm trying to make a conscience effort to move onwards.

Its also Children's Mental Health week, so I would be a bit of hypocrite in work if I didn't try to promote positivity! 

Take care of yourselves, and each other.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

Only drink on Sats and Suns usually, but was temped this morning to get on this afternoon. Luckily, by the time the afternoon arrived I'd sobered up enough to realise it was a crap idea. Still bored though - and lockdown has given me a bit of an insight into how some people can become alcoholic! Luckily I don't have the commitment required.

5pm is beer o'clock here. Actually it's often G&T then beer then red wine o'clock.

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Yes and no, it's all about perspective. You can feel bad about your own stuff without diminishing the struggles of those who are worse off, but it is good to retain that awareness.

I always think of it as being in A&E; the bloke next to you might have broken his arm, but although it's worse than your problem it doesn't stop your dislocated thumb from hurting!

• Upvote 1

I had a weird one last week. I've been all good throughout the lockdown, but I woke up in the middle of the night after having a nightmare that all the vaccines had failed against the new mutations and we were fucked.

The weird bit was that I was convinced for about 10 mins after I woke up that this was now a fact and it was freaking me out until I realised it was a dream.

The only conclusion I can come to is that I was still half asleep, even though I thought I was awake. Is that even a thing?!

I don't generally have nightmares, just tedious anxiety cliches.

54 minutes ago, Homer said:

I had a weird one last week. I've been all good throughout the lockdown, but I woke up in the middle of the night after having a nightmare that all the vaccines had failed against the new mutations and we were fucked.

The weird bit was that I was convinced for about 10 mins after I woke up that this was now a fact and it was freaking me out until I realised it was a dream.

The only conclusion I can come to is that I was still half asleep, even though I thought I was awake. Is that even a thing?!

I don't generally have nightmares, just tedious anxiety cliches.

I think I can do that especially when I'm in the midst of a bout of insomnia almost like waking dreams/nightmares. I know I have been mostly awake because sometimes I've made myself change the direction of them around. When I was a kid I used to have really vivid dreams. I remember once waking up from a dream where I thought it was Christmas (even though it was actually August) and crying when I didn't have a stocking on my bed. When I was a bit older I dreamt my Gran had died and all morning I was a bit mopey and sad about it and my mother said something about having to phone her and I was looking at her like she was being particularly cruel for ages until I started to think wait maybe it was just a dream. The brain is a crazy old thing!! 

2 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Yep all the time but an ex-colleague actually explained it really well in first lockdown. She said we're not living the grief Olympics. You don't have to be having the absolute worst time before you are allowed to be down. I think it's healthy to have the perspective that you know others are in a worse position and you can feel relatively lucky whilst also feeling utterly fucked off about things. You can miss all the little things that make your life happy whilst knowing that you are in the fortunate position to have your health/income etc. 

• Upvote 1

I need to go to the little Tesco to get some stuff. It's less than 5 mins walk but... I can't be bothered. I'm close to running out of food, and yet I'll probably just order another takeaway.

I used to go across the country just to catch gigs and see mates and stuff. Now I can't even go down the road. I think there's something wrong with me 😞

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I need to go to the little Tesco to get some stuff. It's less than 5 mins walk but... I can't be bothered. I'm close to running out of food, and yet I'll probably just order another takeaway.

I used to go across the country just to catch gigs and see mates and stuff. Now I can't even go down the road. I think there's something wrong with me 😞

Last night I went into an actual shop for the first time this year. We got a milkman before Christmas who also can bring eggs, bread, butter and had one big online delivery and Hello Fresh boxes so been able to avoid it all for ages. Felt weird going in and talking to humans who weren't my husband. 

Struggling with work at the moment, as probably evidenced by how much I'm on here 😄

Just....can't be arsed. Everything else is fine by comparison, but I'd rather re-read the same news article 5 times, or look at a thread on here that I fundamentally don't really want to read, than do the smallest of things.  And I know that sooner or later it's going to bite me in the arse when I've got everyone screaming for delivery of work.

Always get these periodically, but it's waaaay worse at the moment. Fuggit.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Struggling with work at the moment, as probably evidenced by how much I'm on here 😄

Just....can't be arsed. Everything else is fine by comparison, but I'd rather re-read the same news article 5 times, or look at a thread on here that I fundamentally don't really want to read, than do the smallest of things.  And I know that sooner or later it's going to bite me in the arse when I've got everyone screaming for delivery of work.

Always get these periodically, but it's waaaay worse at the moment. Fuggit.

Yes I am getting that. Also just booked my dog in for her surgery next week. Shitting myself as to how it will go and how we get on with the recovery. No running, jumping etc for 12 weeks per leg and she has to have both legs done. My other dog is a bit of a knobhead along with everything else this might break me so go easy on me for the next several months!!

This is a great thread to air your worries and concerns. A lot of what is said on here would normally be talked through over a few beers in the pub, followed by a shit takeaway to wake up to in the morning; those days will return pop pickers, you know they will.

I feel we're about to turn the corner, heading for better times, we just need to push on through to Easter, it will get better.

I'll leave you with a crap joke...

image.png.b8cc08cf3286bbac5e05bed4a4065b4c.png

Stay safe and positive all x

Edited by oneeye