guypjfreak

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

just walking is good, i'm feeling lots of muscles my brain had forgotten existed, right now. 🙂 

Well that's actually good to hear. It can only mean that you are healing - well to some degree, anyway. Presumably it's the process, and that's that. You are heading in the right direction, and that's top banana.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well that's actually good to hear. It can only mean that you are healing - well to some degree, anyway. Presumably it's the process, and that's that. You are heading in the right direction, and that's top banana.

recovery is about getting the leg muscles working again, good enough to walk OK. I'm gonna do a bit of walking every day without my leg brace to try and build the muscles up,  also going to do more walking with the leg brace on too, i walked th 200 yards to local shops a while back, then was so knackered, i  needed to get a taxi home, luckily theres a cab office at the end of my road. need to push myself hard to improve, as the wife says, no pain no gain. damn that pain.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

recovery is about getting the leg muscles working again, good enough to walk OK. I'm gonna do a bit of walking every day without my leg brace to try and build the muscles up,  also going to do more walking with the leg brace on too, i walked th 200 yards to local shops a while back, then was so knackered, i  needed to get a taxi home, luckily theres a cab office at the end of my road. need to push myself hard to improve, as the wife says, no pain no gain. damn that pain.

You have the right mind set too. That's something I should have said before as being of considerable benefit. Now I am adverse to anything 'corporate', despite spending 28 years in that environment, but there is a management mantra that states,

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” ― Henry Ford

It is so true.

As I said before - all the best.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You have the right mind set too. That's something I should have said before as being of considerable benefit. Now I am adverse to anything 'corporate', despite spending 28 years in that environment, but there is a management mantra that states,

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” ― Henry Ford

It is so true.

As I said before - all the best.

Thanks uog not sure I'm up for putting myself thru pain. 

This’ll be my first year working the fest, and had a message from the guy in charge of the area I’m working at asking for my reg number to change it to a crew pass… 

…to say I’m excited to be a part of the build, even if it is a tiny part, is putting it mildly 😆 

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

Thanks uog not sure I'm up for putting myself thru pain. 

If you give in to that then you'll stay put. I get the impression that that's not where you want to be. It's partially why I have wished you the best. It'll not be easy, but every new further step counts. I've been seriously ill twice (including being given 2 hours to live at one point), so know the steps I had to take, and they sound similar, if inferior, to your own. It can be done. Think that.

1 hour ago, yehbutnobut said:

This’ll be my first year working the fest, and had a message from the guy in charge of the area I’m working at asking for my reg number to change it to a crew pass… 

…to say I’m excited to be a part of the build, even if it is a tiny part, is putting it mildly 😆 

Exciting! What’s the gig? 

8 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Congratulations ... I presume that means you would like to be taken off the spreadsheet ? 

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Exciting! What’s the gig? 

Part of the build crew of an area up in The Park, which is all I’m allowed to say for now. But we get there on the Sunday, build through to Thursday and then have the rest of the weekend to play… still pinching myself 😆

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Congratulations ... I presume that means you would like to be taken off the spreadsheet ? 

Morning Crazy. Please keep me on the list, those reg numbers are for a very close couple we’re trying for… like you, knowing they’re on the spreadsheet is giving them (and us) a small ray of hope they’ll be there too! 🙏

15 hours ago, Neil said:

Are you having physio? If you are do the exercises they tell you to do. I know they seem like sadists but honestly the work you put in really makes a difference to what they do with you. 

Do what you can niel old son. 

6 cans of cider yesterday.. Feeling lathargic today.. 

Buried a right orrible git yesterday.. So happy for mother in law she can get on with living now.. Never been so happy to sit in the church lol 

8 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Part of the build crew of an area up in The Park, which is all I’m allowed to say for now. But we get there on the Sunday, build through to Thursday and then have the rest of the weekend to play… still pinching myself 😆

Morning Crazy. Please keep me on the list, those reg numbers are for a very close couple we’re trying for… like you, knowing they’re on the spreadsheet is giving them (and us) a small ray of hope they’ll be there too! 🙏

Yeah absolutely fair enough … could you dm me contact details so we can know quickly if you are sorted on the day … I can add you to the resale group or add you myself … but speed is going to be needed 

9 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

It is lovely being there early. Those first few days are great  around the bars at night , enough people there to make it like the festival has started, enjoy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Are you having physio?

done and dusted, they coudn't wait to tick me off as job-done. did nothing to tackle long term recovery just some (this might help). there's a serious shortage of physios, i was kept in hospital unnecessarily cos they couldn't give me physio, in hospital or out of it(but then did get some home visit physio, no pathway for long term recovery, tho, dumped and left to get on with it.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

done and dusted, they coudn't wait to tick me off as job-done. did nothing to tackle long term recovery just some (this might help). there's a serious shortage of physios, i was kept in hospital unnecessarily cos they couldn't give me physio, in hospital or out of it(but then did get some home visit physio, no pathway for long term recovery, tho, dumped and left to get on with it.

We can rebuild him... 

the-six-million-dollar-man-six-million-dollar-man.gif

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

We can rebuild him... 

the-six-million-dollar-man-six-million-dollar-man.gif

i'm now going my own way of trying to walk normally. it should work, none of the other strokies i do walking football with have legs as bad as mine.

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm now going my own way of trying to walk normally. it should work, none of the other strokies i do walking football with have legs as bad as mine.

Ouch, you poor chicken, here's hoping it gets easier before too long x

15 hours ago, Neil said:

Aw that's a shame a good physio can be a great resource. Might be worth checking online for best exercises to do. My physio always said the work I did between sessions was more valuable than anything they did in the session.