guypjfreak

guy i used to work with was woken up during a storm by a fence panel banging against its fence post, so he got out of bed, put some clothes on and went outside to try to fix it, he grabbed his arms across the fence panel just as it came lose from the end that was still fixed and the wind lifted him and the panel up and dumped him in his dustbin, his wife had to call the fire brigade to get him out.wish i'd seen it. lol

1 hour ago, Neil said:

guy i used to work with was woken up during a storm by a fence panel banging against its fence post, so he got out of bed, put some clothes on and went outside to try to fix it, he grabbed his arms across the fence panel just as it came lose from the end that was still fixed and the wind lifted him and the panel up and dumped him in his dustbin, his wife had to call the fire brigade to get him out.wish i'd seen it. lol

That’s a rubbish ending to that story 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Sounds like something you would see in a cartoon! Our storm is about to hit this afternoon so I’m staying away from the bins and a bit concerned about next doors trampoline. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds like something you would see in a cartoon! Our storm is about to hit this afternoon so I’m staying away from the bins and a bit concerned about next doors trampoline. 

Alright for some just having the one storm. Got Dudley hitting us from the North and Eunice from the South. 

its my day job all of this.  I booked leave a month or so back for Thu through to Wed and am so pleased as we end up working silly hours during a back to back storm event.  I work in flood mitigation.  I can safely say, climate change is creating more challenges.

The naming of storms depends on which countries met office gets in and names it.  usually it is the country that will see the biggest impact.  And yes, generally the names are a bit WTF?!  

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-storm-centre/index

A bit like when the Navy calls a warship HMS Beaver

Just reminded me.  We have a dedicated Met office fella who provides all the briefings and up to date information as we prepare the defences.

The other month, the regular guy was on leave so his deputy (Welsh lad) stepped in.  His name was Arwen.  Up there with news reporter in the Manchester Area who covered the fuel disruption a few months ago.  Phil Mccann

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sounds like something you would see in a cartoon

i have more: a guy i used to work for took the workers out for an xmas drink and had a big wad of notes to pay for the night, he was showing off in the street waving the wad around (the idiot), when some geezer came up grabbed his jumper and pulled it over hid head trapping him, then gently took the wad from his hand and off they went.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i have more: a guy i used to work for took the workers out for an xmas drink and had a big wad of notes to pay for the night, he was showing off in the street waving the wad around (the idiot), when some geezer came up grabbed his jumper and pulled it over hid head trapping him, then gently took the wad from his hand and off they went.

Me and my wife got talking to an American bloke in a bar in Siem Reap in Cambodia, when we were on holiday. Now he could have been fabricating this story, but neither my wife nor I are that gullible really ie. what follows sounded true to us. The American indicated that he was a counterfeiter - mostly of dollars, but had done other currencies too. Anyway, he said that he once got robbed while in a Tuc tuc in a seedy area of $10K in counterfeit notes. 

30 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I work in flood mitigation. 

I am due to get an email today to see if I am going to be awarded £5K from my council under their Property Flood Resilience Recovery Support Scheme. The irony is that I had actually got a contractor lines up to start 'today'. However, their decision making process has taken longer because my proposal is not exactly the usual. And guess what my wife told me yesterday by email (we are apart at the moment) - that the River Severn is expected to ride to 4m on Friday. It's at 3.65m that it bursts it's banks. Will have to wait and see what Friday brings. Oh and to add insult to injury, if they do give me the £5K grant today, then the work has to be completed and signed off by the end of this month. So, no pressure there then!

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I am due to get an email today to see if I am going to be awarded £5K from my council under their Property Flood Resilience Recovery Support Scheme. The irony is that I had actually got a contractor lines up to start 'today'. However, their decision making process has taken longer because my proposal is not exactly the usual. And guess what my wife told me yesterday by email (we are apart at the moment) - that the River Severn is expected to ride to 4m on Friday. It's at 3.65m that it bursts it's banks. Will have to wait and see what Friday brings. Oh and to add insult to injury, if they do give me the £5K grant today, then the work has to be completed and signed off by the end of this month. So, no pressure there then!

Where are you?  Bewdley, Ironbridge, Shrewsbury or another area that struggles?

Hate to bring up the C word, but I've tested -ve two days in a row and am now allowed to go out to play again (haven't left the house since the 5th).

But, I've now got a massive angry cyst. Thought it would need operating on, but they're seeing if antibiotics do anything first.

Really not sure which thread to post certain shit in some days.