guypjfreak

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Unbelievable curling from the GB women to come from 4-0 down! Incredible!

Brilliant performance. Nerves shredded when it went to 11 All. Pleased for them after the disappointment of the last time out. Gotta love Eve! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

One of our cats has been really poorly with a liver infection, bit touch and go at one point. Blood tests have confirmed his liver's completely back to normal and he's putting weight back on. This has made me ridiculously happy.

I know exactly how you feel. I once went into a meeting with my wife to meet a consultant at the QE Hospital in Birmingham. The consultant said to my wife something along the lines of 'Your liver's destroyed' because of the amount you drink. i was surprised when my wife indicated that that was ridiculous because absolutely no liver function tests had been carried out on here. He took Umbridge and said he'd been a consultant for a few decades and knew what he knew, and sort of indicated 'Who are you to question me'? 

When we got out of the consultancy room my wife told me that he'd said that he'd said what he had said because he used to drink in the same pub as her. it was, apparently, a pub full of heavy duty alcoholics. the bloke's name - Simon Bramhall - of this fame;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-57987154

When my wife did have tests carried out, everything was, extremely surprisingly, all tickety boo with her liver.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

We got a medal.. Maybe another in the curling 

Stay safe old sons 

PS 

Just brought myself pj rearview mirror vinyl from ten club... Happy days 

Ppss 

Still no new baby yet.. 

Happy birthday to me.. 5 new PJ tops that makes over 275.... 300....

No drinking or going out for 4 weeks now..... This new baby's going to turn me back to drink...

Hope you got through the storm OK and unhurt... 

Happy weekend all 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Eve Muirhead is a steely eyed, mutha flippin, curling monster..

Eve Muirhead: Seven things you might not know about Team GB's women's  curling skip

Things have really changed , 30 years ago the curling team would have tested positive for Horlicks. It was never seen as a young persons sport, a bit like bowling which has also now attracted younger competitors 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Things have really changed , 30 years ago the curling team would have tested positive for Horlicks. It was never seen as a young persons sport, a bit like bowling which has also now attracted younger competitors 

I do a curling club for 8 to 11 year olds! It's not on ice but it's to push inclusiveness. They run on ball bearings and can be pushed with broom like sticks but don't need sweeping. They're designed so anyone can do it. 

I also do Boccia, Pentanque and Kin Ball as part of a scheme I'm developing! Who knows, there may be a future Olympian in the mix there!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I do a curling club for 8 to 11 year olds! It's not on ice but it's to push inclusiveness. They run on ball bearings and can be pushed with broom like sticks but don't need sweeping. They're designed so anyone can do it. 

I also do Boccia, Pentanque and Kin Ball as part of a scheme I'm developing! Who knows, there may be a future Olympian in the mix there!

Sounds good!   Maybe in 20 years time you will be interviewed on tv as the first coach who encouraged and taught a gold medalist. Good on you, anything that encourages young kids to take up sport, any sport,  and mix socially having fun  is great.  

In the meantime, Congrats to our curlers! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Still pissed so I'll leave now lol

Pssss

Don't Diss macca 

Theres weirdos that like him lol

Peace 

Never diss a Beatle on here - I've learnt that lesson! 😄

On a similar subject, I remember having an argument with a bunch of scousers at Glasto round a campfire where I stated that Michael Jackson's death was a bigger news story than John Lennon's death. I thought I was going to get my head kicked in. We'd been getting on famously before I made that statement!

Edited by Punksnotdead
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not certain, but I seem to have a memory of calling Paul McCartney a c**t on here. Maybe it was somewhere else. I've just this second remembered it wasn't here but on Facebook. So the world can see my opinion on the bloke. I do not know what it is that drives me to dislike him though. There's the rub.

9 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

On a similar subject, I remember having an argument with a bunch of scousers at Glasto round a campfire where I stated that Michael Jackson's death was a bigger news story than John Lennon's death. I thought I was going to get my head kicked in. We'd been getting on famously before I made that statement!

They'd have killed me, I suspect!

Bloody hell 4 weeks of no drinking and drank a bottle of Brandy for birthday and just a bit of yesterday to I feel like I've been at glasto for a few week lol.. 

Right Happy Monday 

Baby update.... Still no baby 

Baby Eliza update... She is really trying to crawl now.. 

Other 2 all good 

Bye bye bye 

Pssssss 

DEE If you want see this please send my love to the village people.. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Bloody hell 4 weeks of no drinking and drank a bottle of Brandy for birthday and just a bit of yesterday to I feel like I've been at glasto for a few week lol.. 

Right Happy Monday 

Other 2 all good 

Bye bye bye 

Pssssss 

Happy (belated) Birthday Guy!

We had some good news last week - my youngest got a place at special school. There are very few spaces a year, and we delayed her starting a year with everything she has (and the world has) going on. So it was a HUGE relief.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Happy (belated) Birthday Guy!

We had some good news last week - my youngest got a place at special school. There are very few spaces a year, and we delayed her starting a year with everything she has (and the world has) going on. So it was a HUGE relief.

That's great news K.  I think baby Eliza has a viewing at a special school next week.. One school has already refused her due her needs but this one is a better one in our opinion anyway so that's cool.. 

Hope she's been OK.. We've had no more serious seizures which is a relief.. 

Good news indeed old son 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

That's great news K.  I think baby Eliza has a viewing at a special school next week.. One school has already refused her due her needs but this one is a better one in our opinion anyway so that's cool.. 

Hope she's been OK.. We've had no more serious seizures which is a relief.. 

Good news indeed old son 

Thank you! We oddly got the school that was harder to get in too and we put it as second choice... although there were only two schools to choose that said they could meet her needs out of over 120 (the authority approached main streams too)!

Good luck to you, and if you need any advice on anything, drop me a message!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Right Happy Monday 

Other 2 all good 

Bye bye bye 

Pssssss 

Glad it’s a happy Monday!  A bottle of brandy, birthday or no birthday, would finish me, I gave up spirits decades ago! .  Had two grandkids round today and one 5 year old still here for a sleepover.  Sleep? That’s a bloody joke. He’s still bouncing around high as a kite.  I’m sure the new addition will arrive when he/she is ready. 

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thank you! We oddly got the school that was harder to get in too and we put it as second choice... although there were only two schools to choose that said they could meet her needs out of over 120 (the authority approached main streams too)!

Good luck to you, and if you need any advice on anything, drop me a message!

You could not make it up 

3pm phone goes baby Eliza has chicken pocks.. The mum is due to drop ANY TIME NOW.. Worried.. Fucking nightmare.... I'm assured that it will not harm the baby as mum's had chicken pocks before so some immunity... But its still a bit of a nightmare old son..