guypjfreak

On 8/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, guypjfreak said:

My van was in loads of the papers on Fri after the storm hit us... 

Was good to be back.. Highlights 

Dom jolly... 

Blossoms 

Plastic Mermaids 

Sleep and valium 

Sitting in the sun 

received_148832654045068.jpeg

IMG_20210730_150908843.jpg

IMG_20210729_145008093.jpg

It's a Bedford and British so we can and do rebuild.. After the storm shot 

229557779_4351158871574222_700973002906214580_n (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

Have booked a load of gigs in the past few days. Around 12 so far, and there's plenty more i'm looking at but trying to resist for now because i'm close to maxing out my credit card lmao

Even so, it does feel so nice to finally have gigs to look forward to, especially when many are only a few months or even weeks away

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

Get yourself one of these

litter.jpg

I was going to mention the possibility of this earlier, but got side tracked. It looks plush but could do with some efestivals logos to market the site. Maybe Neil could lie in it and occasionally 'give' out an efests mug to the peasants around him in the crowd.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

071CC3C3-E314-417B-9139-B2903D742A55.thumb.jpeg.359050b23a2df608c45bcb4c5896ff44.jpeg

lovely walk in Jersey yesterday. Beautiful place. Peaceful relaxing holiday

Looks lovely. 

I'm off on a camping birthday weekend tomorrow in Bewdley. It's the 60th birthday of the lady who runs one of the lock ups at Glastonbury. She also is responsible for getting the other lock ups put up and taken down, stored etc. So, she gets guaranteed tickets for Glastonbury and her crew do too. they also do a few other festivals. I could have put my name down years ago to be on her crew, but I didn't fancy doing any work while attending, so never bothered. Now I have no chance as she has a long waiting list.

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Looks lovely. 

I'm off on a camping birthday weekend tomorrow in Bewdley. It's the 60th birthday of the lady who runs one of the lock ups at Glastonbury. She also is responsible for getting the other lock ups put up and taken down, stored etc. So, she gets guaranteed tickets for Glastonbury and her crew do too. they also do a few other festivals. I could have put my name down years ago to be on her crew, but I didn't fancy doing any work while attending, so never bothered. Now I have no chance as she has a long waiting list.

might be worth a try though ...... im on a list for the lockups .... as my photo was posted on a workers site and got spotted by some on here ...  we were customers of said lockup and the lady has put us on a waiting list as myself and mate were regulars ... the hat might be worth its weight in gold ... it might not but nothing lost 

D09A69CD-C37A-4C56-84D1-EB1E00358C87.png

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

might be worth a try though ...... im on a list for the lockups .... as my photo was posted on a workers site and got spotted by some on here ...  we were customers of said lockup and the lady has put us on a waiting list as myself and mate were regulars ... the hat might be worth its weight in gold ... it might not but nothing lost 

D09A69CD-C37A-4C56-84D1-EB1E00358C87.png

Hello crazy,

The lock ups are 'run' by different organisations from the UK. My friend runs the one for an 'environmental' pressure group (I don't want to be specific). I am going to ask her this weekend if there's anything that she can sort for you. I think that I know the answer already, but 'if you don't ask, you don't get' and all that. Maybe she could put you down as first reserve. I'll see.

As an aside, I think she got the job because she's highly efficient, and takes no shit at all off anybody. I recall an incident when another friend of ours didn't turn up for a shift because he'd fallen asleep in his tent after a long 'session'. She got another two volunteers to grab his feet through his tent while he was asleep, and pull him out fast. Then she poured a huge bucket of cold water over him, said something like 'Go fuck yourself' to him, and then later barred him from being a volunteer for a couple of years (I think)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazy,

The lock ups are 'run' by different organisations from the UK. My friend runs the one for an 'environmental' pressure group (I don't want to be specific). I am going to ask her this weekend if there's anything that she can sort for you. I think that I know the answer already, but 'if you don't ask, you don't get' and all that. Maybe she could put you down as first reserve. I'll see.

As an aside, I think she got the job because she's highly efficient, and takes no shit at all off anybody. I recall an incident when another friend of ours didn't turn up for a shift because he'd fallen asleep in his tent after a long 'session'. She got another two volunteers to grab his feet through his tent while he was asleep, and pull him out fast. Then she poured a huge bucket of cold water over him, said something like 'Go fuck yourself' to him, and then later barred him from being a volunteer for a couple of years (I think)

That’s most kind thanks .. not something I’d considered doing before I was tagged in the post on fb but sometimes fate helps dictate things so I’m more than happy to run with it 🙂 … sounds like a boss I could get on with 🙂 I much prefer direct communication 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s most kind thanks .. not something I’d considered doing before I was tagged in the post on fb but sometimes fate helps dictate things so I’m more than happy to run with it 🙂 … sounds like a boss I could get on with 🙂 I much prefer direct communication 

Yeah, never say never. 

I have made her an unusual piece of contemporary art for her birthday present. I like to make presents and cards, as I think they are so much more personal. Anyway, this pressie is a little 'out there'. I really think she'll be over the moon with it, but art is subjective, so it could go either way. So, this gives me a dilemma - ask her about you first and then give her the pressie, or give the pressie, see if it blows her mind (in a happy way), and then ask about you. I think I'll run with the later notion as I perceive that it'll be more powerful.

Oh, I've just thought - she'll possibly just say 'Give me his details, and I'll see what I can do / or put him on the list'. If you want to PM me your name, address, and anything you may think relevant / persuasive then please do so. If not, then I can come back to you at a later date if she says that. However, if I write your details down in an eye arresting manner, then it might have some psychological advantage in the future over her choosing some other in the wings volunteer.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this!? I just want to see you and vintage get there, if I'm honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, never say never. 

I have made her an unusual piece of contemporary art for her birthday present. I like to make presents and cards, as I think they are so much more personal. Anyway, this pressie is a little 'out there'. I really think she'll be over the moon with it, but art is subjective, so it could go either way. So, this gives me a dilemma - ask her about you first and then give her the pressie, or give the pressie, see if it blows her mind (in a happy way), and then ask about you. I think I'll run with the later notion as I perceive that it'll be more powerful.

Oh, I've just thought - she'll possibly just say 'Give me his details, and I'll see what I can do / or put him on the list'. If you want to PM me your name, address, and anything you may think relevant / persuasive then please do so. If not, then I can come back to you at a later date if she says that. However, if I write your details down in an eye arresting manner, then it might have some psychological advantage in the future over her choosing some other in the wings volunteer.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this!? I just want to see you and vintage get there, if I'm honest.

Maybe show her the above photo … or look for crazyfool 1 on twitter that might help my position 🙂 … in the meantime I will dm you the standard information you might require … thanks Yog :) 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe show her the above photo … or look for crazyfool 1 on twitter that might help my position 🙂 … in the meantime I will dm you the standard information you might require … thanks Yog 🙂

I've taken a copy of the photo and will print it off for my 'presentation package'. I may also say that you are very well known amongst Glastonbury circles. I have no idea about Twitter and how it works. if you want me to reference it, then let me know what to write down?

I bought an insane garden table tonight for the princely sum of only £10. I like odd tables. I like them so much that I do actually make them myself. 

I once sold a collapsible table on eBay, as my wife had had enough of my table creation notions. So, I put this collapsible heavy metal framed table on eBay, selling it collection only from Bridgnorth in Shropshire. It was eventually bought by someone in somewhere on the south east coast, who further paid a courier to collect and deliver it to him. I asked him the question (using eBay's messaging service) " Aren't there any tables for sale around your end then"!? He, admittedly, had asked me to measure this table to within an inch of its life before the purchase. So, he buys it, send his courier around etc. Then he sends me photos of how it worked out for him, his family and mates, after the 'release' from one of the Covid  lockdowns. 

The man had created a genius BBQ type set up with not one but two barrels of alcohol neatly enclosed by the existing framework of my old table, but with the shitty chipboard top (which was my aim too) taken away. Unfortunately I haven't kept the photos, otherwise I'd put them on here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bamber said:

Good News,

Mason Ho from Oahu, Hawaii, in Oaxaca Mexico... Better than the Olympics.

This is so good.

Hello bamber,

Nearly everything is better than the Olympics. Has it actually finished now I wonder, or is it still going on? I don't know for sure, and that 'failing' is a good thing in my books. I was never really into watching sports - apart from occasionally watching Ski Sunday when in my teens.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Nearly everything is better than the Olympics. Has it actually finished now I wonder, or is it still going on? I don't know for sure, and that 'failing' is a good thing in my books. I was never really into watching sports - apart from occasionally watching Ski Sunday when in my teens.

Allays watched Ski Sunday, Downhill is Dope, so fast.

Olympic Skateboarding is something I never expected to see, like most skaters, I see it as sort of perverse justification, not that any justification was needed, it is just that a world of joy and skills an comradeship is now revealed, It is the camaraderie in skating that is most important. There is nothing like it. Pushing your fellows over the edge, literally. 99.99999..% of humans could not stand up an ride 10m on a flat road on a skateboard, and then these guys and girls 12 -46 can fly. 

I remember you used to ride a Skateboard right?

B, X.

3 hours ago, bamber said:

Allays watched Ski Sunday, Downhill is Dope, so fast.

Olympic Skateboarding is something I never expected to see, like most skaters, I see it as sort of perverse justification, not that any justification was needed, it is just that a world of joy and skills an comradeship is now revealed, It is the camaraderie in skating that is most important. There is nothing like it. Pushing your fellows over the edge, literally. 99.99999..% of humans could not stand up an ride 10m on a flat road on a skateboard, and then these guys and girls 12 -46 can fly. 

I remember you used to ride a Skateboard right?

B, X.

Oh I loved skateboarding back in the day, and almost lived on my board. I don't have an aversion to sport participation, (not that I do any sports nowadays), I just don't like watching sports. That's not to say that I think sports programs should be banned etc, because obviously many people do like watching sports. It's just me - I'd rather be doing something else than watching sports.

Mind you, I rarely watch any telly of any nature. The last thing I watched was the first two series of Killing Eve, which I really liked watching. I haven't got around to watching the last season though. I'm too busy occupying myself on the computer - something I am having some serious discussions about with myself. I'd like to write more fiction than I currently do. I actually have masses of written pieces of work. One day I'd like to weave a lot of it into a story. I think I may have the makings of a story line now, but need to knuckle down to it, which is hard if you are the Procrastination Kid!

You are so lucky having written masses of written material, perhaps enough wordage to assemble into a working manuscript (by the sounds of it), Put it all together and get it published! My favourite writing is disjointed on a theme, ambiguous but thematic disjointedness is not necessarily bad form (presuming that is what you have). You have one reader here and probably more even it is just "The Memoirs of Yoghurt on  a Stick"

I've never got past the twenty page mark in my writing ambitions. I prefer to read I'm afraid.

You must watch the last season of Killing Eve however.

B, X.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:39 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

071CC3C3-E314-417B-9139-B2903D742A55.thumb.jpeg.359050b23a2df608c45bcb4c5896ff44.jpeg

lovely walk in Jersey yesterday. Beautiful place. Peaceful relaxing holiday

Jersey is indeed beautiful, went there several times as a kid, just ignore all the tax evasion stuff etc.

I'm weighing up the costs of going to Barbados (also something of a tax haven, though not so much as Jersey) at the end of the month.

I 💜 Barbados.