When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think they will , uptake is very good ... keep positive ... once we have them and are used to wearing them the issue with them will become a non event ... 

I hope so, I’ve seen too many people and workers in barbers not wearing them, so the uptake there needs to get better. In hairdressers it’s normally good, but not so much in barbers.

Once we all start getting used to wearing them in all indoor spaces it’s going to really help fight against virus transmission.

I do wonder how many people will be put off going to places like museums and places like Cadbury world when you have to wear a mask for multiple hours. It doesn’t bother me at all, but I imagine it will bother a lot of people, but then it just means all the more space for people like me. Safety is the priority right now.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok, you go first then.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

You do know it's possible to think in macro terms as something to aim for without automatically turning it onto an individual, right?

What's the difference between a rich person voting Tory out of self interest and the attitude of jobs going abroad is necessarily a bad thing?

Cases +871, deaths +98.

Deaths still on a slow downwards trend.

Still holding strong on the cases, which is really good. Hopefully masks and test and trace might actually be working better than I had hoped! Especially in england, as I know Northern Ireland and Scotland have had outbreaks recently.

Quarantine on Belgium was a really good decision as they have had the same daily cases as us today but 1/6 of the population.

So hopefully we can keep it under control, I’m feeling a little bit more optimistic again today as in all honesty I was expecting it to tip over 1000 cases for the first time.

With more mask usage from tomorrow and a potential app launching, hopefully this country can really keep on top of this virus!!

Edited by FestivalJamie

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah, 3 outbreaks in meat processing plants and the direct provision centres some of the workforce live in. R number not exactly informative as there’s still little community spread. There are talking about locking down the 3 counties in question though...really need some smart thinking about testing at these facilities and proper social support so workers can self isolate and still get paid (they have finally agreed to let direct provision residents get the pandemic unemployment payment, which is a start)...

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

That's my concern that you will be "seen" not to be in the know and an outsider from the office... I've said before the HQ I work for is very old school bums on seats to do the job, I reckon some of the management will be struggling with this remote working and just want to get back to normal.... it will be interesting how it pans out, as someone with a 3hour daily drive I would prefer to wfh if I could

I'm actually still on furlough with no update on what the roll out plan is to bring me back, last time my manager spoke to me was nearly 5 weeks ago!! We get general weekly updates from HR but the lack of engagement from my own manager is pretty soul destroying :( 

I know I should be thankful I still have a job, but this never never on when the reviews/updates are coming is totally distressing me tbh

This is a concern of mine too and many others and I’ve already had an indication that this may be a thing for certain workplaces.

”oh well you would have been involved if you were in the office” is something I have heard said to someone already. This is why I think that the new normal might not be that abnormal.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well...yeah....but in the meantime we're talking about uk companies outsourcing work to parts of world with lower wages.

Which will contribute to the leveling of those wages by helping the poorer economy whilst harming the richer one.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah....I mean I feel like I should come back with something...but in the end I actually agree with you....I think....

so....people should continue to work from home....and hopefully that will mean they are eventually fired and work is outsourced to countries paying lower wages....which in the long term will raise wages there and bring down wages here and make the world more equal and fair and everybody will be happy in a scandinavian sort of way.

For anyone interested in more detail the PHE weekly Surveillance report is just out.

Interestingly, it reports case detections highest in 85+ age group which is different to the perceived younger people with the highest incidence?
‘Summary
The majority of COVID-19 surveillance indicators suggest that COVID-19 activity remained stable at a national during week 31. Case detections in England were stable at 4,605 in week 31 compared to 4,625 in week 30. Increases in activity were noted in the North West, Yorkshire and Humber and the East Midlands. At a local authority level, incidence was highest in Blackburn and Darwen but has decreased compared to the previous week. Case detections were highest in adults aged 85 and over.’

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/907954/Weekly_COVID19_Surveillance_Report_week_32_2.pdf

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

For anyone interested in more detail the PHE weekly Surveillance report is just out.

Interestingly, it reports case detections highest in 85+ age group which is different to the perceived younger people with the highest incidence?
‘Summary
The majority of COVID-19 surveillance indicators suggest that COVID-19 activity remained stable at a national during week 31. Case detections in England were stable at 4,605 in week 31 compared to 4,625 in week 30. Increases in activity were noted in the North West, Yorkshire and Humber and the East Midlands. At a local authority level, incidence was highest in Blackburn and Darwen but has decreased compared to the previous week. Case detections were highest in adults aged 85 and over.’

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/907954/Weekly_COVID19_Surveillance_Report_week_32_2.pdf

that report is like a w*nk rag for the when will this shit end thread. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Increases in activity were noted in the North West, Yorkshire and Humber and the East Midlands.

Wakefield may by joining the lockdown list by the looks of things. Leeds is getting surrounded by areas with high cases.