When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Because the total figure is bullshit 

It’s not- it’s just backlogged from deaths which happened during the peak.

You also need to remember and be considerate that there has been significant outbreak in care homes and also people are dying in home settings, which isn’t recorded in the hospital figure.

The term “bullshit” is very strong worded- and is actually quite disrespectful to all those who have died and their loved ones who have now lost a family or friend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

+950 cases today, haven’t seen deaths yet, but getting dangerously close to the 1000 mark.

They’ve been fluctuating a lot between 600-900 the last few days, my cousin was tested and had to wait 4 days for the results so I think there have been some delays in the processing so whilst it worth keeping an eye on, I don’t think it should cause a huge worry 

6 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Because the total figure is bullshit 

It might not be 100% accurate, but I think the claims that it's bullshit are a bit off.

Yes, it might include someone who previously had covid & got hit by a bus but a) it's not like there are hundreds of people being mown down by busses every day and b) if that person wasn't still suffering from the after effects of covid they might have been able to jump out of the way. I really don't think it's overestimating numbers as much as some people think.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

going to depend on who's getting it...if younger people than won't see much of a rise in death rate...this is what we saw in Leicester..

and wether the youngsters dont pass it on to others where the effect might be worse 

This is the daily new cases, the 2nd one goes back to 1st July. What's concerning to me is that we are steadily increasing in the summer, with the benefit of outdoor areas, good weather and well ventilated rooms. Yes it's partly down to more testing but if we are increasing to near 1k cases a day now what will it be like in 2 months?

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 16.40.50.png

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 16.41.27.png

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

43 positive tests in NI today which is quite the jump! Cases definitely on the rise over here.

Thankfully no deaths since July 12th and only a couple of people in hospital at the minute.

just seen a potential R of 1.8 ...... but i guess thats from the jump in cases 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

It might not be 100% accurate, but I think the claims that it's bullshit are a bit off.

Yes, it might include someone who previously had covid & got hit by a bus but a) it's not like there are hundreds of people being mown down by busses every day and b) if that person wasn't still suffering from the after effects of covid they might have been able to jump out of the way. I really don't think it's overestimating numbers as much as some people think.

Good grief 😭 if they didn’t catch Covid in February they might have been able to jump out of the way of the bus in July so they should be included in the daily figures. Do you actually hear what you’re saying? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

It’s not- it’s just backlogged from deaths which happened during the peak.

You also need to remember and be considerate that there has been significant outbreak in care homes and also people are dying in home settings, which isn’t recorded in the hospital figure.

The term “bullshit” is very strong worded- and is actually quite disrespectful to all those who have died and their loved ones who have now lost a family or friend.

ONS figures show the true representation of how many are currently dying per day in all settings and it’s far less than the BULLSHIT number that PHE publish every day. 

• Downvote 3

32 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

Good grief 😭 if they didn’t catch Covid in February they might have been able to jump out of the way of the bus in July so they should be included in the daily figures. Do you actually hear what you’re saying? 

Yes, what I'm saying is just because someone had covid months ago it doesn't mean that their death now is unrelated.

There will be some people included in the figures whose death might be unrelated, but there will be others who died recently because they had covid in the past. Doesn't make the figures bullshit.

40 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

ONS figures show the true representation of how many are currently dying per day in all settings and it’s far less than the BULLSHIT number that PHE publish every day. 

Do you actually think before you type?

Your comments are so insensitive and rude, and your language is quite frankly appalling for people reading on here.

The number of people who have died from this virus is as clear as glass, and is published by PHE. The total figure is accurate, even if the daily figure is skewed due to reporting. ONS reported a much higher daily peak but now a much lower daily figure, PHE are just playing catch up with their records. The total deaths remains unchanged.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes, what I'm saying is just because someone had covid months ago it doesn't mean that their death now is unrelated.

There will be some people included in the figures whose death might be unrelated, but there will be others who died recently because they had covid in the past. Doesn't make the figures bullshit.

Completely agree. Covid has long term health implications we just don’t know about, a close relative of mine has been experiencing severe relapses, this could cause people to die weeks or months after initial infection. We just don’t know at this point and it is only right they are included in daily tally as the virus is most probably causing death.

Its so tragic, this whole virus is so horrible and I just want it to be over, but my sincere thoughts are with all those who have lost loved ones and all those who are vulnerable and at risk to the virus, it must be such a hard time for everyone right now. I know I’m still struggling a lot personally and I’m “young and healthy”.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The London Marathon has been cancelled and next year’s event is in October to give it the best chance of being a mass participation event...

bit of a downer .... but thats what they did this year ..... and moving it won't have the same knock on effects and repercussions for the whole industry that moving Glastonbury would .... so its an easier decision  I would say 

14 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Completely agree. Covid has long term health implications we just don’t know about, a close relative of mine has been experiencing severe relapses, this could cause people to die weeks or months after initial infection. We just don’t know at this point and it is only right they are included in daily tally as the virus is most probably causing death.

My Mum, Dad and 2 brothers all got Covid end March (thankfully didn't need hospital) and all live in same house

• Mum mid-60s - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - still gets fatigue and sense of smell only just coming back
  • Dad mid-60s - fatigue, cough, fever, bad headaches - still gets fatigue 
  • Bro 1 25 - no symptoms
  • Bro 2 27 - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - bounced back within 7-10 days

This thing does stick around as there has been plenty of observations of this from recovery patients healthy or not :( 

Edited by shoptildrop

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The number of people who have died from this virus is as clear as glass, and is published by PHE. 

Sorry but not sure I agree with this. The PHE publish figures of people that have tested positive and died. With the still woeful level of testing there will be many who die of Covid but are not tested 

excess deaths would be the better but not still accurate measure imho. 

Just now, tarw said:

Sorry but not sure I agree with this. The PHE publish figures of people that have tested positive and died. With the still woeful level of testing there will be many who die of Covid but are not tested 

I agree the ONS data is the most accurate

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

My Mum, Dad and 2 brothers all got Covid end March (thankfully didn't need hospital) and all live in same house

• Mum mid-60s - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - still gets fatigue and sense of smell only just coming back
  • Dad mid-60s - fatigue, cough, fever, bad headaches - still gets fatigue 
  • Bro 1 25 - no symptoms
  • Bro 2 27 - fatigue, fever, loss of smell and taste - bounced back within 7-10 days

This thing does stick around as there has been plenty of observations from recovery patients healthy or not :( 

I’m really sorry, I hope you guys are holding up ok, staying strong and fighting through this. My aunt is mainly experiencing fatigue in her relapses but sometimes the cough comes back.

My dad thinks he had it (I’m not sure personally) before tests were available and he still has relapses of a dry cough... so I’m just not sure but it’s equally also quite scary.

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

Thanks, you are definitely right. I’m just struggling to keep up with everything, it’s all too much.

“People returning from Belgium, the Bahamas and Andorra from midnight on Thursday will have to quarantine at home for a fortnight, the Welsh Government has said.

It is expected the rest of the UK will follow suit shortly”.

BBC NEWS.

Looks like quarantine for more travellers coming into the UK incoming.