When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Couple if bars in town selling points from stalls they set up by the windows (the guy at port street beer house was very keen to let me know they did it first). It's not perfect but it's pretty good, I was drinking a pint of draught beer in the sunshine, people had music on nearby, there's obviously no toilets though. An issue compounded by the fact you like like you're carrying piss round with you ahah 

IMG_20200620_163703.thumb.jpg.ccc70108d0b8a36bc5397306b02f1b06.jpg

that's absolutely amazing. I do love the Port Street Beer House - been ages since I went there (or even over to Manchester for anything other than a gig) even before all this!

Edited by efcfanwirral

I’m interested to know in the legality of selling beer in pint bottles. Theoretically it’s the same amount of beer that is legally allowed to be served in one go but do those bottles have any markings on them to say how full it needs to be to make a pint. 

The other issue is taste. Beer and most other drinks are sold in glass containers as glass is a neutral substance. You don’t notice any additional flavours from the glass whereas with plastic bottles you would get a plastic taste. 

I suppose it’s better than no beer at all even if it’s generating more waste than normal. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m interested to know in the legality of selling beer in pint bottles. Theoretically it’s the same amount of beer that is legally allowed to be served in one go but do those bottles have any markings on them to say how full it needs to be to make a pint. 

The other issue is taste. Beer and most other drinks are sold in glass containers as glass is a neutral substance. You don’t notice any additional flavours from the glass whereas with plastic bottles you would get a plastic taste. 

I suppose it’s better than no beer at all even if it’s generating more waste than normal. 

What’s happened to you? That’s no attitude of a fellow 100%er 😜

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

As I say its not perfect. I had the legalities explained to me as I ordered my fifth, so I didn't fully understand but I was convinced.

The taste didn't bleed in too much, have you ever drank a beer at, say, a festival? Also your milk isn't ruined by the plastic. Glass would be better but beggars can't be turning down pints of beer. The real issue is the ring at the top of the bottle is ever so slightly sharp.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What’s happened to you? That’s no attitude of a fellow 100%er 😜

I’m an ex barman and an ale aficionado. As much as I’m missing a social beer in public I’m wanting my first pint post lockdown to taste fantastic. 

Also you have to worry if the licensee is at risk of losing their license if they are caught selling beer in incorrect measures.     

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m an ex barman and an ale aficionado. As much as I’m missing a social beer in public I’m wanting my first pint post lockdown to taste fantastic. 

Also you have to worry if the licensee is at risk of losing their license if they are caught selling beer in incorrect measures.     

I’m just messing around mate, there is some very valid points you mention. I think some pubs are really going to struggle, the size of them alone is going to be difficult for them. 

Well the tories have put the nail in the coffin for me visiting any UK hospitality attractions this year. It’s all very good them telling us to “go out and spend your money” in the pubs or non-essential shops, but I won’t be going, and I won’t be spending my money in this country. Hopefully I can get out on a european holiday once the air bridges are in and spend my money in a country where more sensible measures are in place.

I won’t be going to any non essential shops this year, I won’t be going to any UK attractions or pubs or restaurants (aside from the zoos to support them). Why? Because I don’t feel safe. I don’t feel comfortable with the distance being dropped to 1m and masks still only being “guidance” and not mandatory. When will they understand that wearing a mask barely protects yourself, it protects others around you! If everyone wears masks in public we can stop the spread of this damn virus much faster. Masks only protect yourself up to a factor of 30% but can protect others by 98.5% from you passing it on to them.

I think this government has made poor decision after poor decision, from locking down too late, not letting the zoos to reopen soon enough and now reducing the distance indoors without proper mitigation and measures in place. This is the first time we will have mass gatherings indoors (in the pubs) in this country and it could make the virus spiral out of control again.

Ill watch back and see what happens, but I won’t be “going out and spending my money” in these places like they want me to. I’ll save my money until i can spend it on a holiday elsewhere.

So, at the start of this, we didn't need measures at airports and mass gatherings were relatively safe. At the end...?

Ever feel like you've been had?

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

So we're either screwed or there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My dad is convinced he had the virus at the end of January, he had the exact symptoms and it was really bad. He took an antibody test a few weeks ago and it was negative, he’s convinced it’s not correct. 

So the antibody thing could be pretty spot on.

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

So, at the start of this, we didn't need measures at airports and mass gatherings were relatively safe. At the end...?

Ever feel like you've been had?

Well airports and mass gatherings did need these measures and they were necessary, and most countries implemented these necessary measures but the UK didn’t.

We were going for herd immunity, remember?

30 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:
31 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don’t feel comfortable with the distance being dropped to 1m and masks still only being “guidance” and not mandatory. When will they understand that wearing a mask barely protects yourself, it protects others around you! If everyone wears masks in public we can stop the spread of this damn virus much faster. Masks only protect yourself up to a factor of 30% but can protect others by 98.5% from you passing it on to them.

Other countries manage this indoors - why can’t we - seems such a small thing for a great gain - I’m certainly not comfortable with 1m indoors

Ok so I’ve spoken to a friend of mine who owns a pub, and apparently the new legislation is that masks or other mitigating measures such as screens are required if a business operates with only a 1m social distance, but not required if they choose to operate with a 2m social distance.

The customer will have to be obey the rules of the particular business which can create its own legislation. For example Drayton manor theme park will make masks compulsory for all visitors over 3 years old in most areas. (this is just one example).

My friend who is a pub owner will be moving the tables closer together so they only have a 1m distance, people will be sitting back to back and face masks will be compulsory while not at the table.

It is up to each business what mitigation they put in but visitors will have to comply with the new rules, if a business chooses to operate at 1m social distancing.

8 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Ok so I’ve spoken to a friend of mine who owns a pub, and apparently the new legislation is that masks or other mitigating measures such as screens are required if a business operates with only a 1m social distance, but not required if they choose to operate with a 2m social distance.

The customer will have to be obey the rules of the particular business which can create its own legislation. For example Drayton manor theme park will make masks compulsory for all visitors over 3 years old in most areas. (this is just one example).

My friend who is a pub owner will be moving the tables closer together so they only have a 1m distance, people will be sitting back to back and face masks will be compulsory while not at the table.

It is up to each business what mitigation they put in but visitors will have to comply with the new rules, if a business chooses to operate at 1m social distancing.

so, how is this enforced? I'm sure there will be quite a few pubs who won't be too bothered about 2m/1m and all the other stuff, they will just want punters in.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’m going to miss the briefings. It’s become part of my daily routine. Maybe I’ll watch the Scottish one instead. 

Wouldn’t bother, she just copies Boris but stays a few days behind him so she can create the illusion of being some sort of stateswoman who rules with an iron fist😉

B367793A-FD1C-4356-8BC9-41CBB569AC9D.thumb.jpeg.a58306c333870be1bdd7306ea04ae939.jpeg