When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Wouldn’t bother, she just copies Boris but stays a few days behind him so she can create the illusion of being some sort of stateswoman who rules with an iron fist😉

B367793A-FD1C-4356-8BC9-41CBB569AC9D.thumb.jpeg.a58306c333870be1bdd7306ea04ae939.jpeg

😂 that’s the 2nd time I’ve seen this today. 

14 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The customer will have to be obey the rules of the particular business which can create its own legislation. For example Drayton manor theme park will make masks compulsory for all visitors over 3 years old in most areas. (this is just one example).

Over 3?! That seems a bit excessive. Little 4 and 5 year olds walking around in masks doesn't sit quite right with me (also good luck keeping them on) plus is it really necessary given what we know about kids.  

19 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

so I’ve spoken to a friend of mine who owns a pub, and apparently the new legislation is that masks or other mitigating measures such as screens are required if a business operates with only a 1m social distance, but not required if they choose to operate with a 2m social distance.

So, as usual BJ doesn’t do detail well at all (or is it on purpose?) Will pubs/restaurants be putting up signage to say what category they are? So many questions - being pedantic here but I do like clarity under normal situations!

5 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

So, as usual BJ doesn’t do detail well at all (or is it on purpose?) Will pubs/restaurants be putting up signage to say what category they are? So many questions - being pedantic here but I do like clarity under normal situations!

And how are they going to ask for your details, do you give them when you enter or when you sit down?

Positive vibes here. This will end, this time next year we will be on the farm.

I'm so sure of it I just booked our Tuesday night accommodation! Feels a lot better now we’ve arrived at Glasto week. 

party on dudes ✌🏻

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Over 3?! That seems a bit excessive. Little 4 and 5 year olds walking around in masks doesn't sit quite right with me (also good luck keeping them on) plus is it really necessary given what we know about kids.  

Merlin parks will be compulsory for over 6. I guess over 3 is not uncommon given in universal in Florida over 2’s have to wear them.

10 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Unfortunately once again the press conference was very vague and didn’t provide all the details we needed to know. It will be up to businesses to put in their own mitigating measures, whatever they choose works best, whether that’s sitting people back to back, plexiglass screens between people or compulsory face masks. I guess it will just be a case of you have to read the requirements of the business online before visiting.

So for example, if cinemas want to operate and sell food and drinks to consumers, they will have to have a 2m gap between guests rather than 1m. Or a particular cinema chain could make masks compulsory and then operate at a higher capacity. It’s down to the discretion of each business I believe.

As for giving details, in germany you fill out a form once you are seated before you order.

Edited by FestivalJamie

On reflection I feel like we've just been left on our own now - if it spreads it our own fault and I fully the government will do everything they can to make sure figures are manipulated to make sure it doesn't look like it's going up. I suspect a 'bad flu season' and 'shortage of test kits' in the winter. 

This is late December again now, and there is a danger we will get back to where we were in March as people will be even more complacent about this by September/October.  

When I see this article  and remember that our numbers tested became unavailable just as the push to open up quickly started, my first thought is at least Trump has the balls to say it as it is....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-home-test-kits-results-void-a9581746.html

All that said, festivals for sure next year, virus or otherwise 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Well the tories have put the nail in the coffin for me visiting any UK hospitality attractions this year. It’s all very good them telling us to “go out and spend your money” in the pubs or non-essential shops, but I won’t be going, and I won’t be spending my money in this country. Hopefully I can get out on a european holiday once the air bridges are in and spend my money in a country where more sensible measures are in place.

I won’t be going to any non essential shops this year, I won’t be going to any UK attractions or pubs or restaurants (aside from the zoos to support them). Why? Because I don’t feel safe. I don’t feel comfortable with the distance being dropped to 1m and masks still only being “guidance” and not mandatory. When will they understand that wearing a mask barely protects yourself, it protects others around you! If everyone wears masks in public we can stop the spread of this damn virus much faster. Masks only protect yourself up to a factor of 30% but can protect others by 98.5% from you passing it on to them.

I think this government has made poor decision after poor decision, from locking down too late, not letting the zoos to reopen soon enough and now reducing the distance indoors without proper mitigation and measures in place. This is the first time we will have mass gatherings indoors (in the pubs) in this country and it could make the virus spiral out of control again.

Ill watch back and see what happens, but I won’t be “going out and spending my money” in these places like they want me to. I’ll save my money until i can spend it on a holiday elsewhere.

I feel similarly actually, but I'm trying to work out how much of that is based in wanting to do the right thing and how much of it is me being a bit institutionalised by the whole lockdown experience! We still haven't seen anyone since March that we know, with Friday being the first outing. Maybe I'll feel better after that. I'm not desperate to go to pubs, shops or the cinema though. Really not feeling it.

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also gonna miss the briefings but more than that the Efests debrief! It's been real guys.

Haha yeah I’m gonna miss the debrief with everyone here. We’ve had such crazy times with them, the whole Cummings saga, the spell with Raab and Alok Sharma paying tribute to literally everyone. The briefings have become a part of my day and discussing it with you guys here has made this whole experience much better. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Haha yeah I’m gonna miss the debrief with everyone here. We’ve had such crazy times with them, the whole Cummings saga, the spell with Raab and Alok Sharma paying tribute to literally everyone. The briefings have become a part of my day and discussing it with you guys here has made this whole experience much better. 

Me too!! What am I going to do at 5pm now I won’t be switching between bbc and efests!

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

On reflection I feel like we've just been left on our own now - if it spreads it our own fault and I fully the government will do everything they can to make sure figures are manipulated to make sure it doesn't look like it's going up. I suspect a 'bad flu season' and 'shortage of test kits' in the winter. 

That was inevitable at some point. 

The government acted to ensure the NHS wasn't overwhelmed, and despite the issues, they mostly succeeded. That's no longer an issue. It could be again, if people don't follow guidelines. There's a lot being bandied about about how a second lockdown would be impossible and won't ever happen. 

Just to be clear: it absolutely could. The first lockdown was triggered when the ICU capacity in hospitals hit a dangerously high percentage. If that happens again, we will lockdown again. The government won't just go "fuck it, let them die in the streets". That's what would have happened without lockdown. You get ill. You go to hospital. You get turned away.

But there's a definite argument that anything beyond that isn't really the government's job. They've ensured you can get care if you need it. They've kept essential services and utilities going. But it's not their job to protect people from themselves. Issuing guidance is good, as it allows employees to hold employers to account: an employer would struggle to argue they're not putting staff at risk if they're not following the guidelines. That means people shouldn't be placed in the position of taking risks they don't feel they should. But it's not their job to tell people they shouldn't go to the pub. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think they’ll even put the country into full lockdown again, they’ll maybe go locally but it would cost the economy too much to do it again. They went kicking and screaming into the first one back in March as it was. 

even if they try locally it won't work. The most they'll succeed with is closing pubs.