When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 hours ago, jparx said:

@Homer that shtick was old last week. Can’t believe he’s still harping on. Cummings must really think that’s the ace in the hole, but surely most people will see it’s a pathetic response to genuine concerns bring raised?

It just looked desperate - as he was shoehorning it in and repeating it three times!

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Everything seems fine on the south cost...

https://twitter.com/lightacandleotm/status/1275848442187841539?s=21

This isn't great but it's also 3-4 weeks since the first pics of everyone at the beach and cases and deaths are still going down. 

Maybe outdoors really is safer like they say it is. As ever we won't know for 2-3 weeks. 

Yeah it seems like the last set of crowded beach shots made no difference, so fingers crossed that'll be the case again! Why people would want to be crushed up like sardines like that at any time is beyond me though. Looks like Pennards!

The train station pics were a bit more concerning to me as obviously on trains transmission would be a lot easier. Looked absolutely packed and not a mask in sight.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I know it’s old ground but how much is the weather a factor? Seems a crazy amount of breakouts at chilled food processing places. Outside gatherings in good weather causing large spikes (yet Cheltenham and Liverpool vs atletico Madrid did seem to)

22 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

I know it’s old ground but how much is the weather a factor? Seems a crazy amount of breakouts at chilled food processing places. Outside gatherings in good weather causing large spikes (yet Cheltenham and Liverpool vs atletico Madrid did seem to)

I think weather is a factor but sadly not enough of a factor when it comes to Covid.

If we just acted normally (no SD, everything open etc) then Covid would still have an R higher than one in both winter and summer, it would just be closer to 1 in summer.

The shift between winter and summer is enough to send the R of flu below 1 without having to change anything we don’t naturally change with the seasons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Whatever the weather is doing in Brazil right now (hot presumably?) the virus seems a big fan.

High humidity a factor in that instance ? The abattoir thing was messing with my mind since I seen loads of the American outbreaks were happening in those environments. 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think weather is a factor but sadly not enough of a factor when it comes to Covid.

If we just acted normally (no SD, everything open etc) then Covid would still have an R higher than one in both winter and summer, it would just be closer to 1 in summer.

The shift between winter and summer is enough to send the R of flu below 1 without having to change anything we don’t naturally change with the seasons.

Yeah we probably stay more distant naturally during summer and it doesn’t have conditions to multiply as easily. Plus at moment the majority of people are being wary rightly so

33 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

I came across this yesterday, from the WHOs website. Hot climates make little difference, as said it’s probably human behaviour and generally being outside that helps. 

9AF1E127-3557-46DB-B21B-8AD627211DB1.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Everything seems fine on the south cost...

https://twitter.com/lightacandleotm/status/1275848442187841539?s=21

"This is what happens when you have a totally inept and incompetent government"

Not sure how that is the governments fault.  I wouldn't choose to go and sit on that beach but if I did, it would be nobody's choice but my own.  

During this pandemic period, few people in the limelight have come across as smug and entitled as everyone's favourite anti-vaxxer tennis hero, Novak Djokovic.  He was so quick to highlight how Covid had swerved the Balkans, and those stupid infected countries in the west should just shut up.

And while I hope everyone who has got ill as a result of his fiasco of a tournament gets well soon, I cannot help but find the whole thing fucking hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/23/novak-djokovic-tests-positive-for-covid-19-amid-adria-tour-fallout

Edited by fatyeti24
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Spare a thought for those poor people in Brazil ..... predicted to be the worst hit .... its a real shame its been done in such an individual country way .... but guess that was always going to be the case ... 

Those favelas, how they hell they supposed to be keeping any social distancing...