When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Implying bugger all mate, just asking you a question to try and understand more. Shouldn’t have bothered. 

You did.... you said "here is some rope"... 

But yeah lets just leave it, covid does not make for a rational debate, especially online 🙂

1 minute ago, Havors said:

You did.... you said "here is some rope"... 

But yeah lets just leave it, covid does not make for a rational debate, especially online 🙂

Well, I didn’t think you’d be able to find any evidence of equal weight to conclude “jury’s out”. But yeah, fair point, the rope bit is little shithousery. 

Agreed - have a good rest of your Saturday sir 👍🏻 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

At least we can watch the abuse of real horses this year.

Sponsored by one of the Con connected companies raking it in from testing contracts - Randox Health,

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Doom mongering fear merchant, always gleefully highlighting the worst case scenario - just ignore the nerdy egghead boffins - what do they know?

Relevant here, this is incredibly sad news. Eating disorders being triggered over lockdown are one of the unseen health issues we'll be seeing from the fallout of lockdowns – it has the highest mortality out of any mental health issue.

ED charities already reporting a higher amount of people getting in touch as people are struggling to keep it under control. This is the sort of thing that needs funding thrown at it pretty quickly.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Relevant here, this is incredibly sad news. Eating disorders being triggered over lockdown are one of the unseen health issues we'll be seeing from the fallout of lockdowns – it has the highest mortality out of any mental health issue.

ED charities already reporting a higher amount of people getting in touch as people are struggling to keep it under control. This is the sort of thing that needs funding thrown at it pretty quickly.

very sad...but anything to do with lockdown in this case?

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

very sad...but anything to do with lockdown in this case?

If you read the article her Mam said she struggled with the gyms closes as worried if she ate she wouldn't be able to go to the gym.... plus struggled with the isolation 

This is so sad and so young too 😞

20 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

If you read the article her Mam said she struggled with the gyms closes as worried if she ate she wouldn't be able to go to the gym.... plus struggled with the isolation 

This is so sad and so young too 😞

it's a shitty illness. My daughter suffered from it for a while, bloody nightmare...still recovering really.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's a shitty illness. My daughter suffered from it for a while, bloody nightmare...still recovering really.

Sorry to hear about your daughter pal, have witnessed how tough it can be for parents as my sister had it for about 15 years so I hope the stresses of the last year on top of the added pressure of exams and such don't cause a relapse. Really feel for kids at the moment... so much relentless pressure.

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

If your sole aim is the reduce infections then lockdowns clearly work.

But then you have to consider the harms of a collapsed economy, inactivity. Mental health,  largely closed health system creating a future backlog of issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised when we look back in years to come we come to the conclusion they did more harm than good.

You have to also factor in when we lose a mother of three to undiagnosed cancer vs an 85 year old nearing their end of life, there is an issue...  and the toll in this regards will be huge over the coming years.

I have never been able to understand that part of the argument that lockdowns cause health conditions other than Covid to not be treated. If we open up then the increase in Covid cases causes even more hospitalisations and the health service to be even more overstretched? Are the ones advocating this approach suggesting a triage where only non Covid cases are treated?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Sorry to hear about your daughter pal, have witnessed how tough it can be for parents as my sister had it for about 15 years so I hope the stresses of the last year on top of the added pressure of exams and such don't cause a relapse. Really feel for kids at the moment... so much relentless pressure.

she's done ok during lockdown..mostly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Both have some truth. Its not a binary thing like some would like to think it.

People have gone without treatment and have since died and more will in years to come.

Please enlighten me - I’ve tried to find the reasoning why, with finite resources, using more of the health service capacity with more patients via more infections would free up capacity for non Covid patients. I do understand that some non Covid patients are reluctant to seek treatment when infections are high for fear of catching Covid in a hospital environment but wouldn’t they be even less willing in a non lockdown situation as infections would be higher? 

4 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Please enlighten me - I’ve tried to find the reasoning why, with finite resources, using more of the health service capacity with more patients via more infections would free up capacity for non Covid patients. I do understand that some non Covid patients are reluctant to seek treatment when infections are high for fear of catching Covid in a hospital environment but wouldn’t they be even less willing in a non lockdown situation as infections would be higher? 

I think some people may fear being an unnecessary burden when the NHS is under pressure. 

Edited by Barney McGrew