When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

This thread is full of hypocrisy when it's ok to break rules and not break rules - perhaps not you specifically. 

I don't need to save any face. At the time what you did was not inline with the current guidance, the way you posted it shows full well you know it was against the guidance you acknowledge that yourself. 

So you’re now acknowledging that actually I wasn’t really the intended target of your post, but rather got caught in the crossfire whilst celebrating one of happiest days of the last year for me?

The NHS website allowed it. I knew it was imminent. It is a quite ludicrous level of pedantry to try to continue claiming any high ground here based on a technicality.

Stop digging mate, you’ll feel better I promise.

Edited by Mellotr0n

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Even if it was queue jumping it was by like two hours at most whilst they updated the front end of the website.

Think everyone is fine with that, it's when people are queue jumping by weeks that's the issue.

It wasn’t queue jumping - that’s been made quite clear. 

Thanks for the apologies.  Sincerely not needed. Thats why i was trying to keep it as unjudgy as i could but thankyou. 

And yep mum getting a vaccine is a massive thing so hope it goes ok. 

Do you know which one? 

Just let her know that she could well feel a bit crappy for a few days. 

Whole family been done here. 2  extremely vulberable.3 of us NHS. All of us knew we had had it to varying degrees but nothing insurmountable with painkillers if needed. Weirdest was my dad who has constantly (all his life) never been cold. Tshirts in winter etc. Day after jab was freezing.  

19 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Its enlightening to read some of these comments. Some people dont come across how they possibly think they do. I genuinely hoped this corona virus would mostly bring out the best in people and maybe a new way of living in slightly more manageable way. Even efests seems to have become a back and forth bickering ground of im shouting loudest i am totally right and all opinions not mine are wrong.

A side effect of this eventually is thst people will stop visiting the forum. Im sure Neil will thank you all for that. 

Its a challenging time for everyone and people need to do what they feel is right but bloody hell allow the fact you might not feel the same without either of you actually being right or wrong on everything

Great post! I used to love this forum - nowadays it's almost as depressing as the news.

18 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

So you’re now acknowledging that actually I wasn’t really the intended target of your post, but rather got caught in the crossfire whilst celebrating one of happiest days of the last year for me?

It was a discussion point and you flew of handle. 

As I stated, I don't really (and it's great for you and your mum) care but I do know of two people (70) who had their booked vaccines canceled this week. 

What I do care about is that as a collective the community of this thread can vilify some posters for flexing the rules. Others for questioning or making concerns about the vaccine. Yet the very same community can applaud you for (at the time) breaking the rules 

That's the hypocrisy I find very unsavoury. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In other news YouGov have announced this today, the public would support social distancing in place till the Autumn by a pretty large majority.

There doesn’t seem to be any context to the question, though? Would I support measures if they were needed to keep on top the virus and the vaccine rollout wasn’t having sufficient effect? Yes. Would I support it if by the summer cases are rock bottom, the vaccine is showed to have an effect and deaths are drastically diminished? Definitely not (aside from masks). 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

There doesn’t seem to be any context to the question, though? Would I support measures if they were needed to keep on top the virus and the vaccine rollout wasn’t having sufficient effect? Yes. Would I support it if by the summer cases are rock bottom, the vaccine is showed to have an effect and deaths are drastically diminished? Definitely not (aside from masks). 

No it doesn’t go into that level of detail with the question but it’s from their question of the day section where they ask people a straightforward question which is currently in the news. I suppose that’s where the different levels of answer come in, strongly support would cover many instances. Either way I think it’s interesting that the public still support social distancing in place till the Autumn. 

Measures can mean anything too. 

Masks thru to never meeting anyone again and all points in between.

Would still love to know who Yougove are actually asking. Numbers and demographics.

Until the autumn and then what. 

Too open a poll to have any meaning for me.

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In other news YouGov have announced this today, the public would support social distancing in place till the Autumn by a pretty large majority.

We’d want that to be distancing but with things open, surely? But then you get to can hospitality and entertainment venues work with  limited capacities for that long?

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

No it doesn’t go into that level of detail with the question but it’s from their question of the day section where they ask people a straightforward question which is currently in the news. I suppose that’s where the different levels of answer come in, strongly support would cover many instances. Either way I think it’s interesting that the public still support social distancing in place till the Autumn. 

Ahh do you have to actually have to get involved to answer?  Like something in the daily mirror.  Vote yes or no type thing? That would massively influence who 'the public ' are. Obviously i may be totally wrong on this 

3 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Measures can mean anything too. 

Masks thru to never meeting anyone again and all points in between.

Would still love to know who Yougove are actually asking. Numbers and demographics.

Until the autumn and then what. 

Too open a poll to have any meaning for me.

The Vaccines Minister set up YouGov, didn’t he? Is he angling for something?

23 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Begs the question why things drop like that with no lockdowns? 

Yeah, is there any idea here why Europe are seeing these sustained drops (pretty much the exact same as the UK) when we have been in a lockdown for 5 weeks and they have not been? Perhaps it's because less of a % of their overall cases at the moment are the more transmissible UK variants whereas I think now at least 90% of all COVID in the UK is the new variant discovered before Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Vaccines Minister set up YouGov, didn’t he? Is he angling for something?

Dunno.

Just googled it though and you do actively have to vote so anything will be totally skewed towards people who engage with that sort of thing..most people (i.e the large majority of the public) really wouldnt care to make their voice known. Bit like asking on here if you like festivals