When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

32 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Begs the question why things drop like that with no lockdowns? 

My friend teaches in Ibiza and says its really warm there right now, like our May temperature levels which fits in with last year's drops here at that time. Looking like 14-19 highs there from a quick Google 

Edit actually 19 is about our average mid summer day 

Edited by efcfanwirral

35 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Ahh do you have to actually have to get involved to answer?  Like something in the daily mirror.  Vote yes or no type thing? That would massively influence who 'the public ' are. Obviously i may be totally wrong on this 

Anyone can register on YouGov and they get asked daily questions. There are adverts on social media I’ve seen. Governments use YouGov polling to gauge public opinion on certain matters, it’s not throw away data. 

They say in question masks and 2 meters rule so that would be the measures they are asking people about which seems sensible if the government are wanting to take things cautiously. 

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What a coincidence that the UK magically gets better just when furlough is due to end.

And we’ll suddenly go from being told we’re bad for going out and about, to being told we’re bad for not going out and about

I am actually hoping they don’t allow household mixing before Easter, as my sister always steals some of my Easter egg, though in recent years I’ve started buying a ‘decoy’ Easter egg, which she steals and helps herself to, thinking it’s my real one, but it’s not, it’s a cheaper fake! I have the real one all to myself!

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Other countries wouldn't understand. We just love freedom too much...

(cough, within a week we'll have the 2nd highest deaths/million of any country in the world and bearing down on the topspot)

Daily Mail headlines start rolling: “You WILL be able to hug granny at Easter!”

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

Get the schools open, then non-essential shops/hairdressers. Allow Easter family mingling then see where we are a few weeks later and crack on with hospitality if possible 

Wasn't it shown earlier in the pandemic that more transmission was happening in private dwellings than in restaurants etc... 

Allowing household mixing in hospitality venues might be the sweet spot that's needed, maybe?