When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

My friend who is clinically extremely vulnerable just got her letter! She's under 40 but in group 4 I think. So delighted she'll be getting her jab soon as I've spent the last year being worried sick about her getting covid as well as cancer. Can't wait for her to get done.

So for me that's my partner's dad (75), my mum (70) and hopefully soon my clinically vulnerable friend. We still have my partner's mum and my dad to go out of our vulnerable loved ones, and then of course the second doses, but I do feel a lot better about things just from this 🙂

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Tell me about it. I doubt Right Said Freds account is 100% true though, some people probably spotted them, saids hi as they are semi-famous and they took that to be validation.

Agree. Pretty unbelievable that both Heathrow and BA replied, presumably without reading the tweet properly. How embarrassing. Looks like Heathrow have deleted their original reply and replaced it with one apologising for the "oversight" and "error."

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My friend who is clinically extremely vulnerable just got her letter! She's under 40 but in group 4 I think. So delighted she'll be getting her jab soon as I've spent the last year being worried sick about her getting covid as well as cancer. Can't wait for her to get done.

So for me that's my partner's dad (75), my mum (70) and hopefully soon my clinically vulnerable friend. We still have my partner's mum and my dad to go out of our vulnerable loved ones, and then of course the second doses, but I do feel a lot better about things just from this 🙂

Excellent news. It is amazing to see how quickly the NHS have been able to make their way through the priority groups. We really are so lucky to have them. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

fantastic news ZMG .... its so good to be ticking them off  .... yep she would be group 4 so due by the 14th ... My bro will be in 10 days as hes just had covid and then its just me to go soon ...and thats the closest family done .... 

2 minutes ago, PM87 said:

Excellent news. It is amazing to see how quickly the NHS have been able to make their way through the priority groups. We really are so lucky to have them. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fantastic news ZMG .... its so good to be ticking them off  .... yep she would be group 4 so due by the 14th ... My bro will be in 10 days as hes just had covid and then its just me to go soon ...and thats the closest family done .... 

Thanks guys. The speed really is impressive.

I think we can tick this one off as a pretty good day .... loads of us with loved ones getting dates for jabs or getting jabbed today .... jab numbers going back up and infections still dropping .... pretty good apart from Right said Fred id say 🙂 ..... roll on the summer 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we can tick this one off as a pretty good day .... loads of us with loved ones getting dates for jabs or getting jabbed today .... jab numbers going back up and infections still dropping .... pretty good apart from Right said Fred id say 🙂 ..... roll on the summer 

Yes indeed! Feeling hopeful 🙂

53 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apart from Portugal are they that high in Europe at moment?

40% drop in cases from last week here, deaths also coming down. 

Edited by Paul ™

First week is going to be chaos...

UK residents returning from coronavirus hotspots abroad will have to quarantine in hotels from 15 February, government sources have told the BBC.

Owners will be asked to provide accommodation for more than 1,000 new people every day, documents suggest.

Labour had criticised ministers for failing to introduce the scheme, more than a month after the South African coronavirus variant was detected.

Passengers will have to stay in their rooms for 10 nights after arriving.

The airports thought to be under consideration for having quarantine hotels nearby are Heathrow, Gatwick, London City, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Kate Nicholls, chief executive of the industry body UK Hospitality, said bosses and staff were ready to provide assistance "as and when hotels will be needed".

A further 915 people have died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

This brings the total number of people to die within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test to 110,250.

According to documents seen by the BBC, the government wants quarantine hotels to be made "available on an exclusive basis".

Guests will have three meals a day - hot or cold - in their rooms, with tea, coffee, fruit and water being available.

Security will "accompany any of the arrived individuals to access outside space should they need to smoke or get fresh air", one document says.

One hospitality industry source said the government estimated the cost at about £80 per night per person, but there were still questions as to whether passengers or the state would pay.

Just now, steviewevie said:

That's good. Is it a very strict lockdown?

It wasn't to start with, schools were left open, along with parks/beaches, golf courses, tennis courts but with bars/restaurants, non essential shops closed etc (similar to UK).

A few days later they closed all the above too, and the GNR/PSP (cops) are out and about now stopping everyone. They have also just closed land border to Spain a few days ago apart from limited exceptions.

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

It wasn't to start with, schools were left open, along with parks/beaches, golf courses, tennis courts but with bars/restaurants, non essential shops closed etc (similar to UK).

A few days later they closed all the above too, and the GNR/PSP (cops) are out and about now stopping everyone. They have also just closed land border to Spain a few days ago apart from limited exceptions.

and is it UK variant spreading, or SA or Brazil? Or a bit of everything?

Just now, steviewevie said:

and is it UK variant spreading, or SA or Brazil? Or a bit of everything?

Mostly UK I believe, hospitals are literally at breaking point. They have had to get help from Germany with a load of medics, equipment and beds arriving today.

Only Portuguese citizens/legal residents are allowed to fly in with negative test, it's been that way for a few weeks now I think.