When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, ace56blaa said:

I mean no - Can't tell if you're joking here, but the first 5 months of lockdown, I genuinely had better mental health, I was on a zero hour contract and finding out my hours week to week. I hated commuting to work, especially the buses, as our public transport is dreadful, would sometimes get home 2 hours after finishing work on what should be a 10 minute drive due to bus delays. - Like I said I've definitely been affected by a lot of things in lockdown. 

But as someone on the low end of furlough (700 - 800 a month) I deffo had a lot less to worry about for a short-term period. 

Out of interest, is your job under threat at all? 

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

CINEWORLD WORKER REPORTING FOR DUTY

So this is why I thought the low paid would suffer mental health issues in lockdown, basically worry about losing their job. And the vulnerable would suffer because of genuine virus anxiety. That leaves the virtue signalling group at the end.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Out of interest, is your job under threat at all? 

Though in all seriousness, yes at the beginning of the pandemic, they cut us all to zero pay/zero hours until gov announced furlough, we had 2 false opening announcements before they finally announced and I only found out I wasn't coming off furlough two days before we re-opened and now obviously we've been let go again today. - It seems like they are trying to keep us employed without paying us holiday or redundancy just reducing our hours to zero yet again until they open. 

Obviously all that has been a nightmare, but it just shows you it's not due to lockdown, cineworld aren't shutting because of too many restrictions in the UK, but because of films being delayed internationally. In fact its a very really possibility we could have stayed open if the government extended flexi-furlough or gave some support to cineworld. 

On the lockdown side of things, I've got so much writing down, been able to look into stuff to do with dream careers, catch up watching stuff, exercise more, I definitely need to find myself one of these middle class work from home jobs, cause they sound up my alley. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So this is why I thought the low paid would suffer mental health issues in lockdown, basically worry about losing their job. And the vulnerable would suffer because of genuine virus anxiety. That leaves the virtue signalling group at the end.

Well tbf I think youre right to an extent, It's hard to care about this virus as much if you're worried about what you eat the next day, have friends who have said they wouldn't isolate if they had symptoms because they couldn't afford it. 

But I have been worried about the virus more than my job and future up until recently - But I seem to be in the minority of my age group in this area.

11 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Was feeling really sad yesterday tbh as last gig was Sisters of Mercy on 7th March, played album yesterday and it just really hit me how normal gigs are going to be what seems a lifetime away :(

Hold onto how amazing gigs will be when it’s all systems go again 👍

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

usually comes in the same sentence as woke.

You don't see 'do-gooder' as much anymore so it felt quite retro when Patel and the rest of the arseholes started using it again a few days ago in their campaign against lawyers trying to uphold the law

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

You don't see 'do-gooder' as much anymore so it felt quite retro when Patel and the rest of the arseholes started using it again a few days ago in their campaign against lawyers trying to uphold the law

yeah, that will be the next insult..."do-gooder", and "human rights".