When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a race to rioting, to see which of covid or brexit can bring it about first. :P 

In all seriousness, the reaction to the restrictions is part of why I'm thinking they won't continue through next summer. 

I think the tighter restrictions earlier in the year were tolerated due to furlough, which for its faults was better than the new offering and the good weather. We could be approaching the perfect storm early in the new year following a crap Christmas. Second or third week in January would be my prediction for widespread civil disobedience following smaller Brexit focussed issues on and around brexit day.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Labour call for Hancock to go. The Starmer/Rayner ticket have been very careful to avoid saying things like that so far so this represents a ramping up of rhetoric 

The cock ups have been so regular he is doing a far better job of hanging himself than labour could ever do!

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The cock ups have been so regular he is doing a far better job of hanging himself than labour could ever do!

he'll be sacked by Spaffer as soon as Spaffer thinks it safe to sack him (probably when a vaccine is being rolled out).

Spaffer can't sack him now because when Spaffer appoints another incompetent things get difficult, with Spaffer also looking incompetent.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I think the tighter restrictions earlier in the year were tolerated due to furlough, which for its faults was better than the new offering and the good weather. We could be approaching the perfect storm early in the new year following a crap Christmas. Second or third week in January would be my prediction for widespread civil disobedience following smaller Brexit focussed issues on and around brexit day.

The third Monday of the month is known as Blue Monday in marketing terms, isn’t it?

The day psychologists say people feel most down after Christmas/before payday... That would be my guess - we all felt the six-month hump and three weeks of the Brexit shitshow might just be the tipping point.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he'll be sacked by Spaffer as soon as Spaffer thinks it safe to sack him (probably when a vaccine is being rolled out).

Spaffer can't sack him now because when Spaffer appoints another incompetent things get difficult, with Spaffer also looking incompetent.

My thoughts exactly.

Hancock is the last “born again Brexiteer” in the cabinet who voted Remain in 2016. With Javid gone, Rudd long gone, and Hunt never involved in Johnson’s government, it’s basically the vote leave old boys reunion + Hancock. It follows that Hancock is there when they need a fall guy.

They could bin him now and bring in another vote leave old boy like Andrea Leadsom or Theresa Villiers or Chris Grayling or Penny Mordaunt to run the health department, but then they would immediately fuck up in the same way as Hancock.

Hancock, Whitty and Vallance will all get thrown under the bus when we get the enquiry whereas Boris, Raab, Gove and Cummings will get off scot free

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My thoughts exactly.

Hancock is the last “born again Brexiteer” in the cabinet who voted Remain in 2016. With Javid gone, Rudd long gone, and Hunt never involved in Johnson’s government, it’s basically the vote leave old boys reunion + Hancock. It follows that Hancock is there when they need a fall guy.

They could bin him now and bring in another vote leave old boy like Andrea Leadsom or Theresa Villiers or Chris Grayling or Penny Mordaunt to run the health department, but then they would immediately fuck up in the same way as Hancock.

Hancock, Whitty and Vallance will all get thrown under the bus when we get the enquiry whereas Boris, Raab, Gove and Cummings will get off scot free

17 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The third Monday of the month is known as Blue Monday in marketing terms, isn’t it?

The day psychologists say people feel most down after Christmas/before payday... That would be my guess - we all felt the six-month hump and three weeks of the Brexit shitshow might just be the tipping point.

funnily enough, it's a well-proven fact that riots tend not to happen in the hardest times, but instead happen when things have started to turn upwards.

So if a vaccine is being rolled out by then I reckon you might be spot on. 

Then again, it's also a well-proven fact that people like to riot in the summer but not so much in winter. :P 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

funnily enough, it's a well-proven fact that riots tend not to happen in the hardest times, but instead happen when things have started to turn upwards.

So if a vaccine is being rolled out by then I reckon you might be spot on. 

Then again, it's also a well-proven fact that people like to riot in the summer but not so much in winter. :P 

yup. 'Why should we put up with this crap when there is a vaccine available which you're too incompetent to distribute?'

29 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

One psychologist at the behest of Sky Travel, to try and get people to book summer holidays.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/dec/16/badscience.uknews

Edited by mcshed

25 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Dr Doomsday Neil Ferguson on the radio again this morning. It’s time we stop listening to this man 

Why? Because you think everything is going well and it's all going to be fine?

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Why? Because you think everything is going well and it's all going to be fine?

Because he had to resign in disgrace when he got caught breaking his own lockdown rules. So he clearly can’t be that afraid of the virus.

I think we can be spared his latest round of tear stained nonsense about how every single person in the UK will be on a ventilator by next Tuesday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Because he had to resign in disgrace when he got caught breaking his own lockdown rules. So he clearly can’t be that afraid of the virus.

I think we can be spared his latest round of tear stained nonsense about how every single person in the UK will be on a ventilator by next Tuesday. 

How on earth does that make any sense? That if you break a single lockdown rule, it means you're not really afraid of the virus and automatically invalidates any points you raise preaching caution?

What exactly do you think the outcome of this really is? What number of deaths and long term illnesses are you okay with or isn't a big deal to you?

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Except he won’t say that will he? Weren’t you requesting 2 days ago we go into full lockdown based on the increased case numbers? It’s a bit rich to criticise someone for being a doomster when you have requested that. 

26 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Ok Donald