When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

not enough of them.

surely.

110 million people in the US don’t vote. A lot of them because of fake news media beliefs etc.

Trumps base think they can win by speaking to these lot. They don’t seem to be interested in winning over democrats.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

110 million people in the US don’t vote. A lot of them because of fake news media beliefs etc.

Trumps base think they can win by speaking to these lot. They don’t seem to be interested in winning over democrats.

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

America is one of the worst countries in the world for voter turnout. I’ve spoken and known enough Americans to have a rough idea why. Many feel like it’s all entertainment and politicians do nothing for them.

Trump is successful because he appeals to a lot of these people. It’s a protest vote against orthodox politics.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

America is one of the worst countries in the world for voter turnout. I’ve spoken and known enough Americans to have a rough idea why. Many feel like it’s all entertainment and politicians do nothing for them.

Trump is successful because he appeals to a lot of these people. It’s a protest vote against orthodox politics.

So just anecdotal evidence then. There's plenty of information out there showing this isn't working for Trump.

Edited by Ozanne

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Many feel like it’s all entertainment and politicians do nothing for them.

What do you expect when actors have become presidents and governors and celebrities are always getting linked to running for president. 

The whole thing is a joke. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

So just anecdotal evidence then. There's plenty of information out there showing this isn't working for Trump.

I think anecdotal evidence is all you can really believe when it comes to elections. You have to read the mood of the entire nation, not just the people who are voting for the same team as you.

I will never ever trust polls after conservative victory, brexit, trump and conservative victory again all in succession. I’ve seen enough evidence now of polls being wrong - because of the simple fact that a lot of people don’t take part in polls / they ask people more likely to tip a certain way / and people often don’t want to disclose who they voted for.

This election isn’t over until it’s over, and I’ve vowed myself to never underestimate the power of the opposition.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

All Matt has when it comes to trump is a gut feeling and andectototes

Which is fair enough. It could be right. I have my doubt.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I think anecdotal evidence is all you can really believe when it comes to elections. You have to read the mood of the entire nation, not just the people who are voting for the same team as you.

I will never ever trust polls after conservative victory, brexit, trump and conservative victory again all in succession. I’ve seen enough evidence now of polls being wrong - because of the simple fact that a lot of people don’t take part in polls / they ask people more likely to tip a certain way / and people often don’t want to disclose who they voted for.

This election isn’t over until it’s over, and I’ve vowed myself to never underestimate the power of the opposition.

Um the polls were right in 2019.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

What do you expect when actors have become presidents and governors and celebrities are always getting linked to running for president. 

The whole thing is a joke. 

As I’ve said. It’s a protest vote. Many people don’t feel the government represents them so they want to elect someone who will go in and burn it down.

My American family voted for the first time in 2016. All of them voted trump. Not because they liked him at all but because he was the most likely to go in there and mess up any system the political class had built in the past.

I don’t agree with them and I want to cut my ears off debating with them sometimes but I think it’s hard for Brits to understand that many Americans want trump in specifically because he’s a circus and the whole thing will be a car crash.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I work for a US company and have been over there a few times, and I also have family over there....and I am yet to meet anyone who supports Trump.

A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless

7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19

7/10: Says he’s improving

7/15: Says his doctors seem happy

7/27: Says he’s really getting better

7/30: Dies

Sounds familiar?

Edited by zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

I work for a US company and have been over there a few times, and I also have family over there....and I am yet to meet anyone who supports Trump.

Where in America though? Genuinely.

My family are in Florida and Georgia