When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ha I took that as worse news but only because I have tickets for early August festivals! Good for September ones perhaps 

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That @PoliticsForAll accounts really twists and misrepresents the truth on a regular basis.

Cressida Dick in no way said or implied what they say. She did say that there would be an increased police presence to try to prevent any alcohol fuelled violence. Nothing to do with Covid.

(apologies for the Fail link)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9578291/Met-Police-chief-Cressida-Dick-warns-revellers-not-indulge-lockdown-rules-ease.html

They also tweeted a headline a few weeks ago about the ECHR ruling that compulsory vaccination was compatible with human rights legislation. Again, a total misrepresentation, when the case referred to a Czech case requiring children to be vaccinated as a condition of attending a nursery school. 

https://hudoc.echr.coe.int › app › conversion › pdf

Their loony libertarian style twistings need to be treated very sceptically.

Edited by Copperface

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't think a few people sharing Indy SAGE comments in this thread will really impact the wider country.

I mean more indie sage DO impact the wider country- and if those of us who sometimes disagree with them don't read them we're only reading half the story. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Very true. You don't mind Indy SAGE though, I've no idea why people that don't like them pay much attention to what they have to say. 

I think, at this point, many people are looking for something to rage against and beat up on to release their frustration. SAGE, fake SAGE, Boris, Starmer etc etc. When that doesn't satisfy they beat up each other. I know I've done it. 

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

I think, at this point, many people are looking for something to rage against and beat up on to release their frustration. SAGE, fake SAGE, Boris, Starmer etc etc. When that doesn't satisfy they beat up each other. I know I've done it. 

I blame Corbyn.

Just now, august1 said:

So speeding up second doses and encouraging over 40's to come forward for their first, going to delay the rest even more

I was thinking the same thing just now (I'm in the bracket that hasn't had one yet).

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

So speeding up second doses and encouraging over 40's to come forward for their first, going to delay the rest even more

Thats the one ray of light here- they don't seem too concerned about spread in younger, just that they're worried about the vulnerable

Edited by efcfanwirral

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ha I took that as worse news but only because I have tickets for early August festivals! Good for September ones perhaps 

Well if it happens in June its good news for July/August if it goes well? 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think that Johnson is subtly preparing us for the June 21st stage to potentially be pushed back, his language seems to imply that to me.

maybe...we'll see..Johnson has been cautious, but he'll be wanting to hit that date.

I was listening to a podcast earlier and it had an interview with a couple of Sunday Times journalists who have written a book about the govt response to the pandemic (Failues Of State) and they were saying that Johnson had been reluctant to lockdown all three times, and desperate to lift lockdown. Was pretty interesting. Definitely the advise he was getting in Feb and early March was treat it like flu, mitigate, herd immunity...but that changed mid March but still it took him over a week to actually agree to lockdown which cost a lot of lives...and then we know what happened in the autumn and winter with the late decisions to lockdown. But, also says he was being advised to opening everything on July 4th last year...and what that led to over the summer and then into the autumn.

So...in short...I think he really will want to be lifting all lockdown restrictions next month...but maybe he's listening to science advice more now.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

maybe...we'll see..Johnson has been cautious, but he'll be wanting to hit that date.

I was listening to a podcast earlier and it had an interview with a couple of Sunday Times journalists who have written a book about the govt response to the pandemic (Failues Of State) and they were saying that Johnson had been reluctant to lockdown all three times, and desperate to lift lockdown. Was pretty interesting. Definitely the advise he was getting in Feb and early March was treat it like flu, mitigate, herd immunity...but that changed mid March but still it took him over a week to actually agree to lockdown which cost a lot of lives...and then we know what happened in the autumn and winter with the late decisions to lockdown. But, also says he was being advised to opening everything on July 4th last year...and what that led to over the summer and then into the autumn.

So...in short...I think he really will want to be lifting all lockdown restrictions next month...but maybe he's listening to science advice more now.

Was that “oh god, what now?”

Fantastic podcast 

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

So how does reducing the gap between doses  square with everyone assuring us a few weeks ago that the 12/13 week gap was the optimum dosing interval?

They seem to think second dose protects against the variant better so better to get it done asap, more antibodies with a longer gap though