When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Surely we can’t be doing those in their 30’s so soon?

Pretty sure there’s been no indication of an increase in doses available has there?

Also we’re still balls deep in the 2nd doses.

Doesn’t add up does it?

My Borough (although one of the smallest in Wales) is currently on early 30's late 20's age groups! Neighbouring Borough is just starting on under 40's

43 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The vast majority of people would be willing to have one. This seems quite patronising, especially to those who aren't eligible yet 

20 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Dont get this at all. 100% of my friends are getting the vaccine. There is 0 hesitation. I don't know a single people under the age of 30 who has even suggested they wouldn't take it. 

Either the government has evidence that young people won't get it or its a misdirect to get ready to blame young people 

It's important to remember that your experience isn't necessarily representative of the whole country.

Those that are hesitant or not 100% sure probably need time to come to their decision. 

Seeing reassuring messages on TV weeks in advance will gradually erode at that hesitancy and reassure people encouraging them to get it. 

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My brother just sent me this as he was supposed to be going in September.

https://www.harrypottertheplay.com/uk/coronavirus-update/

This bit confused me:

The producers of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, London and the Palace Theatre are committed to the safety and peace of mind of all audiences, cast and company and theatre staff.  We have been closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, whilst also factoring in U.K. Government guidelines and roadmap to re-opening the country without restrictions. With these factors considered performances of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child are suspended until Sunday 10th October 2021.

A lot of west end productions need tourists and sold out shows every night. This show is a two parter for a LOT of money, so I suspect they are being a lot more cautious than most.

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Interesting that this horrible alleged quote from Johnson is on the front page of the DM. Are they turning on him?

The DM haven’t been Johnson’s biggest fan for a while now, they’ve run a few negative stories about him but admittedly not many. It’s interesting that a few different stories are now emerging about Johnson, this could be the start of a move against him by someone (Gove). 

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's easy to get desensitized to the continual stream of crazy stories, but it has to be said, this is a pretty explosive headline.

It gets even worse when you read the article. He only changed his mind after Gove delivered a speech asking whether images of bodies building up outside hospitals was the vision of post-Brexit Britain he wanted the world to see?

Nothing about this headline on BBC News so far... They’re still focusing on the flat refurbishment.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I note that if you're 44 or above or 44 by July 1st, you can now book a vaccine. I check about five times a day, I currently miss out by 16 days. Oh well, soon come...

Yeah, but you have to take it. You’ve been told by the overlords.

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'll definitely be taking it, 100%. I might not trust the government but I do trust science and the data that supports it 

Definitely. I was more referencing the ad campaign they’ve decided is a good idea telling people off for not taking up something that hasn’t been offered.

They just said on the news, 40-43-year-olds are expected to be offered their jabs (or, rather, be able to book them) later this week.

Edited by Ryan1984

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Definitely. I was more referencing the ad campaign they’ve decided is a good idea telling people off for not taking up something that hasn’t been offered.

They just said on the news, 40-43-year-olds are expected to be offered their jabs (or, rather, be able to book them) later this week.

I know it's not a barometer for the feelings of the entire nation but I don't know a single person who doesn't intend to get the jab, across all ages 

8 hours ago, Scotdy said:

My Borough (although one of the smallest in Wales) is currently on early 30's late 20's age groups! Neighbouring Borough is just starting on under 40's

A 28 year old friend in Cardiff has his booked for Saturday, even though they haven’t opened it up to 30+ yet - we think it’s because they’re reserving all Pfizer jabs for under 30s, so if they have the stock they may as well start getting them done now.

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I know it's not a barometer for the feelings of the entire nation but I don't know a single person who doesn't intend to get the jab, across all ages 

The only people I know who are possibly not going to take it up are pregnant - and I can fully understand the hesitancy there.

20 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I'm amazed they didn't go with something like, "Don't be a Scab, get a jab"

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The DM haven’t been Johnson’s biggest fan for a while now, they’ve run a few negative stories about him but admittedly not many. It’s interesting that a few different stories are now emerging about Johnson, this could be the start of a move against him by someone (Gove). 

It could be...I can't see Gove being nearly as popular with the public as Johnson though...Sunak is that person, at the moment. Just have to see how much of this stuff keeps coming out...and how damaging it is to Johnson. Tory party will keep him there as long as he can keep winning elections, as soon as that is gone he'll be out.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They just asked the Defence Secretary about the bodies quote on the news and he went off on one saying it’s not proper journalism. Also appeared to claim Johnson is entirely (solely?) responsible for 62% of the nation being vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They just asked the Defence Secretary about the bodies quote on the news and he went off on one saying it’s not proper journalism. Also appeared to claim Johnson is entirely (solely?) responsible for 62% of the nation being vaccinated.

I must admit that I’m surprised that the media can get away with making that headline look like a confirmed direct quote from Boris Johnson.

5 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I must admit that I’m surprised that the media can get away with making that headline look like a confirmed direct quote from Boris Johnson.

It's the Daily Mail....and it does say it was claimed...but yeah, the headline makes it look like he definitely said it.

Bojo has got history of saying stupid stuff that he probably thinks is funny....it will probably be his downfall in the end. Hoping that the whole fuckin lot of them tear themselves apart.