When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Bit concerned about the next few weeks of vaccines especially up here in Scotland. Just hearing through work that vaccines for Greater Glasgow and Clyde ie a huge chunk of the population, are going to be extremely limited for the next 3 weeks and they’ve had to cancel appointments and can’t move on to the next cohorts 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Bit concerned about the next few weeks of vaccines especially up here in Scotland. Just hearing through work that vaccines for Greater Glasgow and Clyde ie a huge chunk of the population, are going to be extremely limited for the next 3 weeks and they’ve had to cancel appointments and can’t move on to the next cohorts 

i read somewhere that there's a week or two of slower deliveries from both AZ and Pfizer, and then things pick right up with deliveries.

(somewhere long back in this thread is the schedule of deliveries that the Scot Govt published when it wasn't meant to ... I can remember there was a no-deliveries week from at least one of them due around now).

So I'm guessing that's what's going on.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Have they gone in too hard for this 15th Feb target, and are now left to pick up the pieces?

I would like to see a set date for them to reach categories 5 - 9 to keep them on track. I know we’ve seen ‘by May / end of April’ loosely thrown about, but we need a set date for everybody to push towards and for them to be held against. Otherwise it could start to dramatically dip. 

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think the next few weeks are supply constrained, hence the slightly coy and pessmisitc projections going forward

Just now, st dan said:

Have they gone in too hard for this 15th Feb target, and are now left to pick up the pieces?

I would like to see a set date for them to reach categories 5 - 9 to keep them on track. I know we’ve seen ‘by May / end of April’ loosely thrown about, but we need a set date for everybody to push towards and for them to be held against. Otherwise it could start to dramatically dip. 

i assume that Boris will give one at his press conference tonight

8 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Mate you’re obsessed. Why are you so clearly willing Labour to do badly? Are you a Tory? 

I’m just expressing my now daily disappointment at Starmer’s piss poor leadership (or lack thereof). 

He has revealed himself to be an incompetent boob all to happy to slyly sell out his progressive leadership election promises one by one, realigning Labour with the failed agenda of the Blair era. 

Labour can only win if it gives him and Blairism the heave ho once and for all.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i read somewhere that there's a week or two of slower deliveries from both AZ and Pfizer, and then things pick right up with deliveries.

(somewhere long back in this thread is the schedule of deliveries that the Scot Govt published when it wasn't meant to ... I can remember there was a no-deliveries week from at least one of them due around now).

I have that screenshotted from when I read the report before it was deleted. Can post it if you want.

Right enough the w/c 15th feb has a grand total of 0 AZ vaccines and only 80k Pfizer (probs less with that factory expansion thing) so could very well be 0 or close to vaccine deliveries for all of Scotland this week 😞 

Just now, mattiloy said:

I’m just expressing my now daily disappointment at Starmer’s piss poor leadership (or lack thereof). 

He has revealed himself to be an incompetent boob all to happy to slyly sell out his progressive leadership election promises one by one, realigning Labour with the failed agenda of the Blair era. 

Labour can only win if it gives him and Blairism the heave ho once and for all.

Blair of course was famous for losing elections. Oh wait...

and yeah you’re gonna reply something something red tory blah blah but my point was purely about winning elections, not ideology. 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

This one?

20210215_102130.jpg

14 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah I think they have gone all out to reach that target and can see why. But with a few weeks of less supply then by time supply Is slowing again it won’t be long till some days we have half a mil second doses a day to do - doesn’t leave much room for first ones for new people 

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The managing director of Aurora Hotels today said staff would be introducing several new touches to make the long stay more bearable. "We've got some high street branded shampoos, conditioners and body washes so it's a bit more homely".

I wasn't looking forward to spending 11 days locked in a small room by a motorway and during Winter...

But, wait, what's this - shampoo bottles from Superdrug, the clouds have lifted! 

I may be a bit cynical, but I see this as the hotels seeing an opportunity to save some money. Have the same guests in a room for 10 days allows them to provide large packages instead of the one portion packages they use when a room is typically occupied for 1 or 2 nights.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, thanks.

So low deliveries this week - although there's probably supply from recent weeks also kicking about to smooth it a bit.

Also, they've got to be daily deliveries for that week, surely? Otherwise we couldn't have vaccinated the numbers we we've done.

That’s Scotland only so times by 12 or so and get U.K. numbers