When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

This is going to sound selfish but I want to go away. Even if I did, would there be nothing to do due to lockdown?

You could go somewhere like the New Forest and go walking. Not sure there is much else.

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

This is going to sound selfish but I want to go away. Even if I did, would there be nothing to do due to lockdown?

Depends where you would go, you might be greeted with a 2 weeks quarantine upon arrival in the country, and have a 2 weeks quarantine when you get back.

best to stay home at the mo 😉

Over the moon that the baby carrier we ordered arrived last night.

Now means we can expand our walks to include fields and footpaths.

It was getting increasingly boring having to stick to buggy friendly walks.

It's the little wins I'm grasping on to at the moment :lol:

9 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It's either possible for Parliament to work remotely, in which case they should continue to do so (according to their own guidelines).

Or it's impossible for Parliament to work remotely, in which case Parliament has not been working the past few months and any legislation passed is null and void.

Having watched the Parliament channel for a while yesterday I was pleasantly surprised how well the chamber is working. A few members present and others on video screens aranged around the walls. The speaker in full control and non of the usual leary barracking and interrupting.

10 hours ago, Bisque said:

Same here, as I'm sure is the case with a lot of people.

I'm struggling as it's those breaks/ events that give you something to look forward to which make the rest of the crap in life a little easier to deal with. 

58 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Having watched the Parliament channel for a while yesterday I was pleasantly surprised how well the chamber is working. A few members present and others on video screens aranged around the walls. The speaker in full control and non of the usual leary barracking and interrupting.

parliament seems less important these days...brexit and Johnson have helped with that..

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

They have to stop the wet food markets in Asia.. If not then we can expect more viruses in the future.. 

Bryan Adams seems to have opined this on social media and been branded racist. I'm as damp liberal leftie as they come - and I can kind of see his point!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Surely they will stop them...China don't want this either.

it's actually the markets that trade in wild/exotic animals that are the problem, not the normal wet markets...and China did ban these for a while after SARS, but started easing regulations.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Surely they will stop them...China don't want this either.

I think it's a choice between that or starve in a lot of cases.

Plus a lot of thick people think there are health benefits (ironically).

The list of zoonotic diseases is huge but I can't see that people will change their ways when it comes to how animals are treated for long.

If you have Netflix the Explained series has done an episode of Covid-19 and it's scary how many people saw this coming but worth a watch. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its not just china is it ? we can focus on China .... but its a worldwide problem isn't it ?

They have live animal markets all over the world, but especially so in China.

I do think we need to treat this as a global problem though...will get us nowhere just apportioning blame. Need to keep China onside so that they follow any global regulations that come from this.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's actually the markets that trade in wild/exotic animals that are the problem, not the normal wet markets...and China did ban these for a while after SARS, but started easing regulations.

Yea the exotic markets are bad.. 

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They have live animal markets all over the world, but especially so in China.

I do think we need to treat this as a global problem though...will get us nowhere just apportioning blame. Need to keep China onside so that they follow any global regulations that come from this.

As a master butcher I've worked in farm shops where they bred the animals for the farm shop to working in a slaughter house as they speed boner..... No puns.... I've managed my own shop and worked in China Town London and of all those places China Town was the most unhygienic money grabbing place I've ever seen.. Although I had fun.. But nothing and I mean nothing was thrown away.. If I was sent say trotters which were offfff I would say to send them back but as they came from the shops wholesale yard they would tell me.. Just clean then and sell them.. Which I did.. By the time I was finished they were beautifully white trotters in bags on special offer.. 

And down stairs they had a group of workers all illegal lol and there job was to rub off the details dates etc of every thing from dried shrimp to pot noddles and they had a machine that brought them all up to date and back out they went.. And this was BOXES HUGE BOXES of stuff and that's why the people I worked for were fuck shit off rich lolol 

My point is.. They eat anything... Maybe a long winded way to say it but there you go.. 

This is where I got into chud big time lollol 

Edited by guypjfreak

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

As a master butcher I've worked in farm shops where they bred the animals for the farm shop to working in a slaughter house as they speed boner..... No puns.... I've managed my own shop and worked in China Town London and of all those places China Town was the most unhygienic money grabbing place I've ever seen.. Although I had fun.. But nothing and I mean nothing was thrown away.. If I was sent say trotters which were offfff I would say to send them back but as they came from the shops wholesale yard they would tell me.. Just clean then and sell them.. Which I did.. By the time I was finished they were beautifully white trotters in bags on special offer.. 

And down stairs they had a group of workers all illegal lol and there job was to rub off the details dates etc of every thing from dried shrimp to pot noddles and they had a machine that brought them all up to date and back out they went.. And this was BOXES HUGE BOXES of stuff and that's why the people I worked for were fuck shit off rich lolol 

My point is.. They eat anything... Maybe a long winded way to say it but there you go.. 

This is where I got into chud big time lollol 

I dont think those tricks of the trade just apply to China town though ... although possibly at a larger scale , ive spent many years working with food and am damn sure it happens elsewhere !!

3 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I think it works better. Now there is also nowhere for one side to just outshout the other if they do not want to have a debate or a back and forth

So I've just read this in an article on the Guardian:

"The minister also clarified it was possible to see one parent and then another outdoors “10 minutes apart” but that giving people social hugs would only be possible after a treatment or vaccine would be found, which at the earliest could be in the autumn."

This has just felt like a knife right through me. I've kept telling myself I'll be able to visit my parents, give them a hug, maybe by June, okay, July.. okay then August. I honestly cannot cope with this. 

...Okay after writing that I went on a bit of a crying jag for half an hour or so without ever posting. More stories have appeared about this now, seeming to suggest that the "social hug" refers to "members of the public" (but aren't we all?) and "new friends". I can live with that. I don't think I'll be making many new friends in the next few months anyway.

Edited by WestCountryGirl