Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Maybe Glastonbury could house all ticket holders in large halls across Somerset in the 2.5 weeks before the festival, swabbing us on entry, after two weeks when the results are in.. the clean are allowed into the pre-erected super fence and the infected released downstream. 

Obviously all who are allowed in will be provided with ration books, as no food will be allowed past the boundary lines during the festival to prevent a corona breach. 

Case confirmed in Bradford now, it will spread like wild fire now, we have some good people here but we also have so scruffy tw@ts, already hearing rumours that they went shopping after they was told to self quarantine as they needed some shopping 

2 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Case confirmed in Bradford now, it will spread like wild fire now, we have some good people here but we also have so scruffy tw@ts, already hearing rumours that they went shopping after they was told to self quarantine as they needed some shopping 

Two in Leeds as well. Not connected though. I believe the Bradford case has just come back from Italy while the two in Leeds were in Iran. 

10 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

As deposits have been paid we have a contract as such.. it is going to be very difficult to un ravel this if the worst was to happen

We don’t have a contract of any sort. We’ve paid a deposit to attend a music festival. Worse comes to it they’ll cancel and refund, nothing more complicated than that.

15 minutes ago, John Bates said:

Quote on the BBC: "Matt Hancock said the UK was still in the "containment" phase of the outbreak. He said the government contingency plans, which will be published this week, included banning big events."

We still dont' know yet, and I'm still getting ready for June, but it does seem to be moving that way.

I think if there's an announcement on banning big events, it won't stretch to June for the time being. I know France's is indefinite, but Switzerland's is mid-March. I imagine at most two months. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Two in Leeds as well. Not connected though. I believe the Bradford case has just come back from Italy while the two in Leeds were in Iran. 

Sounds like Ilkley, I think a school ski trip that closed its school was from that area

26 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Maybe Glastonbury could house all ticket holders in large halls across Somerset in the 2.5 weeks before the festival, swabbing us on entry, after two weeks when the results are in.. the clean are allowed into the pre-erected super fence and the infected released downstream. 

Obviously all who are allowed in will be provided with ration books, as no food will be allowed past the boundary lines during the festival to prevent a corona breach. 

Nice plan - although presumably plenty of those with clean swabs on the way in will catch it during the 2.5 weeks.

29 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

As deposits have been paid we have a contract as such.. it is going to be very difficult to un ravel this if the worst was to happen

I imagine the GFL T&Cs will be well thought out and include an option for the organisers to cancel. I’ve never read them despite having ticked a box to say I have several times!

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We don’t have a contract of any sort. We’ve paid a deposit to attend a music festival. Worse comes to it they’ll cancel and refund, nothing more complicated than that.

Yeah exactly this. It's no different to buying a holiday and then the holiday being cancelled due to government advice about terrorism or something. 

I'm shocked how much I visit this thread,  I've not got a ticket. I shouldn't be bothered about a highly unlikely cancellation. 🙄

Motorcycle GP. Don't care.

Grand prix. Don't care.

Horse racing. Don't care. 

Football. Don't care. 

Rugby. Little bit peeved but I will recover.

The only thing I care about is people remaining healthy, especially those close to me. I shall no longer ride this rollercoaster and look forward to my first festival in May. Shindig here I come....   oohhhhh FFS. 

See you all tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

I'm shocked how much I visit this thread,  I've not got a ticket. I shouldn't be bothered about a highly unlikely cancellation. 🙄

Motorcycle GP. Don't care.

Grand prix. Don't care.

Horse racing. Don't care. 

Football. Don't care. 

Rugby. Little bit peeved but I will recover.

The only thing I care about is people remaining healthy, especially those close to me. I shall no longer ride this rollercoaster and look forward to my first festival in May. Shindig here I come....   oohhhhh FFS. 

See you all tomorrow. 

It’s a good thread to quickly find out the latest