Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Just now, TownesMR said:

Anyone else feel like this thread has blown up because we're thirsty for an announcement? I'm sure once we get something new, we'll be a bit less worried about the festival being cancelled.

not really ... we get something like this often ... and as the forum picks up ( its definitely doing so now ) .... the ins and outs of every bit of info get discussed ... although the Pyramid headliner thread is quieter as we have all 3 names all but decided .... Its gonna be a busy few months ... enjoy 

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem with that approach would be the hundreds of thousands of people who missed out this year who would end up missing out again. And I say that as someone with a ticket.

Well yeah, I have a ticket too and im in that small percentage of international travellers. So all the money I have spent so far isnt coming back other than the ticket money. Unless travel is restricted from the u.s to the uk. And of course its already in my state and even scarier because the one diagnosed case took 10 days to confirm because the CDC couldnt make up their minds on how to test a patient for the virus.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, TownesMR said:

Anyone else feel like this thread has blown up because we're thirsty for an announcement? I'm sure once we get something new, we'll be a bit less worried about the festival being cancelled.

Here it is!

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TownesMR said:

The slightly more off-beat stuff was probably going to happen in any thread. But given its been such a clear present form of misery in the news headlines of late, I guess it doesn't hurt to talk about it on some level.

Imagine a closed door Glastonbury like the Italians are doing with their football league. That would be so weird.

1 hour ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Chris Whitty (CMO) can knob off.

He said there could be a potential “social cost” if the virus intensifies, which could include reducing mass gatherings and closing schools.

Bit harsh singling out Catholics 😤

• Upvote 1

From an article I just read. Hopefully will bring some insight...

"Dr. Mike Ryan, the head of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme, said on a call with reporters. He said that WHO is working “extremely closely” with event organizers and is providing them with risk assessment and management advice.

He added that other mass gatherings, including the Olympics and the Special Olympics, proceeded during the outbreaks of Zika and SARS. “If you cast your mind back to those events, many of those events went ahead with appropriate risk management,” he said."

Glasto is going ahead my friends. Hype train left the station a long time ago.

Edited by TownesMR
spacing

5 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Countries like Spain, Germany or France are in 30 cases and growing. All the contain efforts with China and now Italy spread it everywhere :(

Next couple weeks are absolutely crucial to how it's handled. Hopefully not many who caught it in Italy have left the region it currently is in. In theory, it should be easier to control than when it first broke out.