2020 New Music

dentalplan

Absolutely not the right thread for this  but I couldn't find a better one so...

If anyone fancies discovering something completely new during lockdown, I found this website this morning which is an absolute goldmine. You pick a country and an era, then it cycles through loads of crowd-sourced recommendations. They've also got some pre-made playlists if you'd rather go down that route. Had some great fun on it this morning. 

https://radiooooo.com/

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This is fairly upbeat by her standards but as usual it's great. New album's out on June 19th and features Julien Baker, Lucy Dacus, Conor Oberst and Nick Zinner among others.

This is great - can hear the Oberst influence here. Really looking forward to this new album. 

On 4/5/2020 at 7:33 PM, FloorFiller said:

Great weekend of new releases.

Yves Tumor album is fantastic. Pigsx7 is more of the same of their last album which is fine by me. Thundercat album slaps as expected. TOPS album is full of great pop songs.

Two releases that took me by surprise were Peach Pit who I’ve never really listened to before but the new album is great, and Empress Of whose last album I wasn’t very fond of but this new’un is all pop bangers. Big fan. 

This was a really good shout, I love the tone of the guitar and the vocals on this album. It gets a bit samey by the end and a lot of the tunes dont really hit for me, but I will definitely check out their next album...

58 minutes ago, bamber said:

Tarriona 'Tank' Ball and her Bangas, Netflicks and Chill etc, Tank and the Bangas. Fill your SOUL! 

Pre-lock-down lushness..

Kelis covers Nirvana like Tank too...

<not particularly new>

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Strokes, Laura Marling and Hamiton Leithauser (I remembered this time @dentalplan) all getting 9 thumbs up from me today. Think this is my favourite new music Friday of 2020 so far.

And it's got some strong competition. Still can't get past how much my ears are enjoying 2020.

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Strokes, Laura Marling and Hamiton Leithauser (I remembered this time @dentalplan) all getting 9 thumbs up from me today. Think this is my favourite new music Friday of 2020 so far.

Yep all of these are sounding top notch. Don’t think there’s anything on Hamilton’s album that hits the high of A 1000 Times, but overall I think it’s better than his last one. 

13 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

And you've not even gone through (my pick for AOTD) Flatworms new one or the ace Once And Future Band new one either yet.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Absolutely not the right thread for this  but I couldn't find a better one so...

If anyone fancies discovering something completely new during lockdown, I found this website this morning which is an absolute goldmine. You pick a country and an era, then it cycles through loads of crowd-sourced recommendations. They've also got some pre-made playlists if you'd rather go down that route. Had some great fun on it this morning. 

https://radiooooo.com/

This is awesome. Going to spend some time with this over the next few days. Thank you!