Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

1 minute ago, CJL9494 said:

I saw Kendrick in Sziget and it was a pretty poor performance tbh. I think some of that wasn't down to him (the sound was pretty bad for some reason) but when he was rapping he was missing out like every other word, and it just killed the vibe for me. Thats what I mean when I say its more lyrical rappers which struggle to convey live.

You're right its better when there is a live band. I'm not arguing the production is bad or anything its more the enjoyment of it all.

There's a couple of festivals where reaction to him seems a bit muted - Leeds / Reading some time back in particular... Went to the Damn tour in Manchester though and that was sensational... if he can bring that energy it's going to be awesome. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My hope is that because this is one of three shows for 2022 he’s going to go all out guns blazing, and won’t be a phoned in performance with a backing track.

Yeah here’s hoping the so-so received performances from him have been because of the burnout from touring which shouldn’t be a problem for us. With so few shows booked and after such a big break and so soon after the album release, you’ve gotta think he’s gonna go in to them with everything he’s got. 

unreal. just unreal. i wasnt ready for the heart pt5. when his face transforms to OJ just blew me away. then the nipsey hustle bit at the end. DAMN

ive seen him 3 times he had a backing band every time. i dont know what he plans this time feels like hes getting alot more artistic and visual with his live shows. im expecting some kind of theatre / story telling vibe at glastonbury but god knows.

Yeah with the name of the album, the glimpses we've had from Vegas and the superbowl and now the production and characterisation on this track, there is no way that the pyramid show is gonna be nothing short of and audio and visual masterpiece. This isn't just gonna be a concert this is going to be a theatrical immersive experience. 

13 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Is the general verdict that he's going to have a backing band then? Love Kendrick but I think I'd only want to watch him live if so. 

He’ll definitely have a live band. Whether they get shoved off to the side like the last tour or not is another question. 

That new tune is decent. Shame it won’t be on the album tbh 

When I heard the album was going to be released before Glasto I got a bit scared with the perspective of having a bad one and a setlist full of meh songs. But let's be honest, this dude can't release a bad album, even more difficult after 5 years.

The show is going to be one for ages, I hope they can film it.

I can't imagine a better way to close Glastonbury.

Edited by AlexOvd

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

When I heard the album I got a bit scared with the perspective of having a bad one and a setlist full of meh songs. But let's be honest, this dude can't release a bad album, even more difficult after 5 years.

I can't imagine a better way to close Glastonbury.

His album of offcuts and demos is one of my favourite albums, the man is incapable of missing...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoBuses said:

The greatest rapper of this generation and a top 3 of all time is piss poor, okay

what you said about him is just as subjective as what I said.

"a piss poor artist is the greatest rapper of his generation and a top 3 of all time??? ok" 😂😅

15 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

what you said about him is just as subjective as what I said.

"a piss poor artist is the greatest rapper of his generation and a top 3 of all time??? ok" 😂😅

Why do you think he’s piss poor? Out of interest?