Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nestled nicely in between the self-loathing thrashing and weeping.

I used to go out drinking on a Friday night and end the session up to the Wednesday after. The guilt and self loathing after one of those sessions was crippling, to say the very least. And then something odd happened - I discovered Mcat. This was exactly the same time as I discovered my then girlfriend / now wife. She was pretty much the same as me as far as alcoholic benders went. Anyway, we got some Mcat and realised that our drinking was more than significantly reduced. Instead of drowning in drink, we found that we were nursing drinks like 'normal' people. Well, not quite that, but a major reduction, none the less. We also found that we lost all guilt associated with drinking. We no longer take Mcat, do drink (a fair bit every day), but have no guilt about it. The guilt has simply disappeared. 

As an aside to that I thought about writing to Professor Nutt (ex drugs Czar) about it, and Mcat's possible benefits to 'confirmed' alcoholics. When I looked into him and his work further I discovered that he was actually already actively researching Mcat to help alcoholics. He'd been booted out of his Government job by then (for saying that horse riding was inherently more dangerous than taking an e, statistically speaking). Anyway, he was on his own working in this area and asking for any financial help to continue to do so. So I sent him £50. 

I've not looked back into this area since, so don't know what he did or didn't achieve in this area. However, it would seem to me that taking Mcat (which gives you a nice feeling) to cut down on drink would be more beneficial to taking medication like 'Antabuse'. 

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I used to go out drinking on a Friday night and end the session up to the Wednesday after. The guilt and self loathing after one of those sessions was crippling, to say the very least. And then something odd happened - I discovered Mcat. This was exactly the same time as I discovered my then girlfriend / now wife. She was pretty much the same as me as far as alcoholic benders went. Anyway, we got some Mcat and realised that our drinking was more than significantly reduced. Instead of drowning in drink, we found that we were nursing drinks like 'normal' people. Well, not quite that, but a major reduction, none the less. We also found that we lost all guilt associated with drinking. We no longer take Mcat, do drink (a fair bit every day), but have no guilt about it. The guilt has simply disappeared. 

As an aside to that I thought about writing to Professor Nutt (ex drugs Czar) about it, and Mcat's possible benefits to 'confirmed' alcoholics. When I looked into him and his work further I discovered that he was actually already actively researching Mcat to help alcoholics. He'd been booted out of his Government job by then (for saying that horse riding was inherently more dangerous than taking an e, statistically speaking). Anyway, he was on his own working in this area and asking for any financial help to continue to do so. So I sent him £50. 

I've not looked back into this area since, so don't know what he did or didn't achieve in this area. However, it would seem to me that taking Mcat (which gives you a nice feeling) to cut down on drink would be more beneficial to taking medication like 'Antabuse'. 

Never heard of that before? Just Googled. Is the mephedrone? What does it do to you? Is it pleasant? Glad you've kicked the habit (I'm merely a binge drinker who seems to have kept the same habits since I was 17!).

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That certainly looks like it'd make you hazy alright.

The last time I had a pint of real ale was just before Xmas 2020, which is the last time that I was in a pub. I mostly drink at home anyway, but it'd be nice to have a few real ales in a pub beer garden this summer. 

My nephew is a head brewer at what I think is a new start up business (not his own). He studied brewing in Scotland, then spent a few years at Brewdog, and is now where he is now - CTZN Brew in London. I believe they are opening up a venue this spring. Not a great time to opening a venue like this, but I sincerely hope they and he does well. He's a lovely lad.

Will have a look and see if I can find somewhere that sells there stuff and give them a go! 

Today will be my 1000th different beer on Untappd, thinking of going with something special from Cloudwater.  

My two eldest sons and I have been collecting our cans for a can wall in the garden.  A way to go yet, but this is the effort so far 

1475990869_NBFWall1.jpg.7299ba3ff39691f99d8660480d3d140e.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Never heard of that before? Just Googled. Is the mephedrone? What does it do to you? Is it pleasant? Glad you've kicked the habit (I'm merely a binge drinker who seems to have kept the same habits since I was 17!).

Yes, it's mephedrone. Not to be confused with methadone. It does indeed provide one with a pleasant feeling. It actually used to be legal for a good while. I think (but don't know for sure) that it got banned in the overall legal high sweeping law that banned a lot of kit. However, that didn't affect me as I had a very pure and continuous source for it. In fact, I could have made an awful lot of money from it, had I wished to. I say that because me and my wife met a young couple from Oxford at the Nostock festival and got chatting away to them. They were amazed to find out that two people of me and my wife's age were buying and using Mcat. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the price they and their friends were paying for it in Oxford was £35 - 40 a gram. Now, I was getting it for £8.50 a gram. Needless to say I could have 'exploited' that price differential. Neither me nor my wife wanted to do that though. We are drug takers not drug dealers. 

I haven't kicked the drinking habit, just kicked the mental benders. I am sooo glad that they aren't a part of my life anymore. Horrific they were.

I don't know what you drink but since taking up drinking G & T (many years ago) I have never had a single hangover from it. Maybe it's the ice and the tonic rehydrating the body. Really not sure. Just know that I never get a hangover anymore.

2 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Will have a look and see if I can find somewhere that sells there stuff and give them a go! 

Hello Greenelk,

Well I wasn't really trying to 'push' Mcat. However, if you needed to get some, then I guess the Dark Web is the avenue to go down. I didn't have to go down that route as I lived close to the Black Country and that place was, then, completely awash with the stuff - hence being able to get it cheaper than other people.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it's mephedrone. Not to be confused with methadone. It does indeed provide one with a pleasant feeling. It actually used to be legal for a good while. I think (but don't know for sure) that it got banned in the overall legal high sweeping law that banned a lot of kit. However, that didn't affect me as I had a very pure and continuous source for it. In fact, I could have made an awful lot of money from it, had I wished to. I say that because me and my wife met a young couple from Oxford at the Nostock festival and got chatting away to them. They were amazed to find out that two people of me and my wife's age were buying and using Mcat. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the price they and their friends were paying for it in Oxford was £35 - 40 a gram. Now, I was getting it for £8.50 a gram. Needless to say I could have 'exploited' that price differential. Neither me nor my wife wanted to do that though. We are drug takers not drug dealers. 

I haven't kicked the drinking habit, just kicked the mental benders. I am sooo glad that they aren't a part of my life anymore. Horrific they were.

I don't know what you drink but since taking up drinking G & T (many years ago) I have never had a single hangover from it. Maybe it's the ice and the tonic rehydrating the body. Really not sure. Just know that I never get a hangover anymore.

Just poured a rum and diet coke - generally just feel a bit pissed the next morning, which is a handy bonus. Also started drinking more red wine (44) recently and that always seems to end with a headache. This morning being a good example.

21 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just poured a rum and diet coke - generally just feel a bit pissed the next morning, which is a handy bonus. Also started drinking more red wine (44) recently and that always seems to end with a headache. This morning being a good example.

Oh red wine will do that, alright. The problem is that it can at times, be a little moreish. And at times, one finds oneself giving into it's moreish 'properties'. I guess that that is what happened last night. All the best for tonight / tomorrow morning.

30 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Hope to crack open a bottle of wine when I get home from work. Which will be gone one in the morning. Which given the clocks going forward will be gone two in the morning. Guessing this thread will be empty by then.

Get in the virtual meet.

Hello folks! I’m a long time lurker (since my first Glasto of 2016 that got me bloody hooked) and I finally got the bollocks to make myself known. I check this bloody forum every day and buzz off the convo’s that go on and didn’t even consider how much becoming a participant could add to my life. Also I’m proper pissed off clubcard price lager (and watching Kylie 2019 - once my partner sods off to kip I just go through old Glasto sets and sit and drink and/or cry) . I feel so chuffed to finally say hello! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, annavon said:

Hello folks! I’m a long time lurker (since my first Glasto of 2016 that got me bloody hooked) and I finally got the bollocks to make myself known. I check this bloody forum every day and buzz off the convo’s that go on and didn’t even consider how much becoming a participant could add to my life. Also I’m proper pissed off clubcard price lager (and watching Kylie 2019 - once my partner sods off to kip I just go through old Glasto sets and sit and drink and/or cry) . I feel so chuffed to finally say hello! 

Just now, MrZigster said:

Hi annavon. We don't bite. Jump in.

Meant to quote you the first time. Doh!   

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Hi annavon. We don't bite. Jump in.

Cheers pet! I knew I’d get a warm welcome. I’m a northern lass (Geordie, Irish father, Scottish mother) so I definitely belong in the drunkards thread I reckon. I also reside in Liverpool which just adds to the novelty. You’re all such sound folk and I can’t wait to get excited for next year with you all!